All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hi I only use mine as NFS file server feeding Ras Pi music streamers and have nad no problems been up for about a week now without any problems
  3. Your log look like "console=serial" wasn't present, did you verify for some typo ?
  4. You make it sound as if it was easy. It looks really difficult to me, but that's super cool to know that it worked for you. Thanks for the link.
  5. ok - the arch wiki could be a good tip: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management#Hooks_in_/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep in logind.conf all keys are disabled I never used sytemd - so I have no idea and have to look into this... the /etc/udev/rules.d/70-power-switch-my.rules could work, but I have to first understand this.....
  6. Well, I've built the Armbian and tried to run it from SD. Unfortunately, it enters boot loop. I've attached the log from console. I'm not familiar with u-boot, it looks like u-boot is loaded from SD, but all the boot scripts were taken from mmc (I did not remove my previous OS from it). Note that I've set verbosity to 7 and console to serial in SD's /boot/armbianEnv.txt and the same should still persist in the mmc's /boot/armbianEnv.txt, but there is no logs from kernel boot. Weird... Can I prevent u-boot to read boot scripts from emmc? minicom-5.3.9.log
  7. thanks for the video, very informative. I also didn't know there was a working LE image, very happy to have this as well.
  8. armbianmonitor -u tells the reader all the details about your Installation, like Kernel-Version and much more, please post the result of this command.
  9. Ok, the causes of the crashes could be different for us as I use it solely in the terminal Anyway, I did something which I cannot imagine could help but... it seems that it helped. I remember reading somewhere lately about instability of PX30 at 408MHz that was avoided by changing min frequency to 600MHz. Our images for RK3399 have default min of 600MHz so I did the opposite and changed the min to 408MHz. I will definitely observe it for a longer time but last 40-50 reboots were clean of errors while before it happened every 3-5 reboot.
  10. I run Armbian buster minimal on RockPi4. I had tried this: sudo apt-get install cockpit sudo apt-get install cockpit-networkmanager and got this: Well it's a nice Web GUI. I can change the eth0 settings from DHCP, Static and it is also edited/changed in armbian-config. wlan0 however can't be changed, but this is not a problem for my application. So, there are even better alternatives than Rasp-AP. I have found that I can't have wireless access point and client at the same time.
  11. I looked in armbian-config and the debian-config-functions and I may have found why the test of downloading did not work. At the beginning of reload_bsp we update the cache to use beta.armbian.com which does not include the architecture and the board. So all lookup by apt-cache fail, In this case the PACKAGE_LIST is set to the old packages, so the download work and no error is returned. The the purge is not done on the the PACKAGE_LIST but on a fixed list of package, which may be or not in PACKAGE_LIST. When trying to reinstall the purged packages are missing. This as a script which is quite complicated if we have to consider all combination of parameters, and I don't think I am able to give a pull request that will not break a lot more than what it will repair. But I would suggest that if the apt-cache lookup always fail, the script exit without deleting anything. And only purging the PACKAGE_LIST that has been downloaded.
  12. Not stable with dev. I've had tons of crashes when using 5.x kernel. And different kinds of crashes. But I was using a panfrost build, so I had put the blame on that. With default it works very good. But I've had USB ports failing. Everything else seemed to still be alive, there was power on USB. But devices didn't work. No num lock on keyboard... Both USB3 controllers seemed to have given up. A reboot fixed it. I'm using the M4V2 as desktop. So I'm using it a lot, and it only has happened twice in +1 week. Before that I used the M4 the same and never had this fail like that. I'll have to see to get another friendlyElec ttl adapter. I burned mine on the Odroid N2(stupid fools using the same connector but reversing polarity(stupid fool not checking the pin-out...))
  13. I don't want to make another thread about M4V2 images, at least yet, so I will squeeze in here ;-) @pask, @NicoD, @pkfox all of you are using NanoPi M4 image patched with Rock Pi 4 u-boot that @pask prepared. Is it stable for you? On my M4V2, both retrofitted M4 image and my own builds specifically for M4V2, I observe Kernel errors from time to time - especially during boot-up. I started wondering whether my device may be faulty...
  14. It's actually listed on the page (the Buster minimal variant): The red X means it's not supported, but it's available.
  15. Hi, I need your help I´ve a Beelink with home assistant and unfortunately the storage is full and now i cant access to home assistant or samba share to delete the files and reboot the BOX I access successfully with putty (root privileges) to my Box, but i can´t see the files to delete. There is some way to do this? @ - Sorry for my poor english. Thanks M8´s. Luis Belo
  16. I do use Putty and WinSCP, both output the same characters instead of lines, corners,..etc
  17. Oh boy, like we hadn't RK3399's enough by now My thought, it's rather sh*t. Too late, nothing new. And having no full USB3 port with the NPU model isn't a good trade off. Then just use a USB NPU instead. Would love to see someone putting an RK3399K into a board. Small difference, but enough to make my eyes sparkle up. I want more new, not more of the same.
  18. SUCCESS. I've got it booting the second partition. Lessons: armbianEnv.txt really wants UUID=. If you make a new partition, make sure to match UUIDs. Edit boot.cmd; find: echo "Boot script loaded from ${devtype} ${devnum}" Before that line, add: setenv partnum "2" setenv devnum "${devnum}:${partnum}" That's how it's working. I thought I could adjust so that it took partnum=2 from armbianEnv.txt (and move the new setenv devnum down after armbianEbv.tct is loaded). I don't know why that didn't work; I might have messed something else up. Anyway, I'm good to go.
  19. Well, progress made. Added to boot.cmd: setenv partnum "2" setenv devnum "${devnum}:${partnum}" After that, the kernel image gets loaded, but shortly thereafter it resets and boots again... [ 44.604791] reboot: Restarting system The device tree seems to be unresolved... Scanning mmc 1:2... Found U-Boot script /boot/boot.scr 3048 bytes read in 21 ms (141.6 KiB/s) ## Executing script at 00500000 Boot script loaded from mmc 1:2 171 bytes read in 18 ms (8.8 KiB/s) 8018124 bytes read in 394 ms (19.4 MiB/s) 20498944 bytes read in 959 ms (20.4 MiB/s) 51131 bytes read in 33 ms (1.5 MiB/s) 293 bytes read in 38 ms (6.8 KiB/s) Applying kernel provided DT overlay rockchip-spi1.dtbo 2698 bytes read in 32 ms (82 KiB/s) Applying kernel provided DT fixup script (rockchip-fixup.scr) ## Executing script at 39000000 libfdt fdt_path_offset() returned FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND libfdt fdt_path_offset() returned FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND ## Loading init Ramdisk from Legacy Image at 04000000 ... Image Name: uInitrd Image Type: AArch64 Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed) Data Size: 8018060 Bytes = 7.6 MiB Load Address: 00000000 Entry Point: 00000000 Verifying Checksum ... OK ## Flattened Device Tree blob at 01f00000 Booting using the fdt blob at 0x1f00000 Loading Ramdisk to fc75b000, end fcf0088c ... OK reserving fdt memory region: addr=1f00000 size=72000 Loading Device Tree to 00000000fc6e6000, end 00000000fc75afff ... OK Starting kernel ...
  20. Minimal images does not have this utility because some rework is needed https://armbian.atlassian.net/browse/AR-50 Perhaps wrong terminal settings?
  21. You can go way way lower "It's possible to shrink it down to ~600 KiB." https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27941775/what-is-the-minimum-amount-of-ram-required-to-run-linux-kernel-on-an-embedded-de ... but why? Especially it becomes an issue when you start to trade performance and security to gain memory ... which you don't need. If you need it, go for a different hardware.
  22. Does this mean my Excito B3 or LicheePi Zero does use only less systemd parts? Because they do use systemd - I think - because ther are some processes named systemd. The LicheePi Zero has only 64MB of RAM (OK, some swap used) but also with some systemd processes it starts with 17MB of RAM usage (plus some swap). Sure, armbian is more useable from the start - but I do get wide eyes when I see what can be done with such low memory (less than 256MB)
  23. It loos like maybe "first partition" is coded into boot.scr... # get PARTUUID of first partition on SD/eMMC the boot script was loaded from if test "${devtype}" = "mmc"; then part uuid mmc ${devnum}:1 partuuid; fi I'll need to edit boot.cmd and recompile boot.scr.
  24. https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/11/19/orange-pi-4-4b-sbc-rockchip-rk3399-soc-gyrfalcon-2801s-npu/
  1. Load more activity