All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dear Igor, I have succeeded to create a standalone access point. The problem is coming from TKIP (Temporal Key Integrity Protocol) used in WPA. I think one of the ciphering algorithms needed by TKIP is not installed in the kernel, it may be arc4. Are we setting CONFIG_CRYPTO_ARC4=y while building kernel? I used another protocol then TKIP in hostapd config and now I am OK.
  3. Does the 5.2-kernel images have support for mali decoding og video?
  4. Hello, I am trying to use my espressobin board which currently runs Bionic with Hauppauge USB DVB-T tuner. It seems the default kernel does not have a module for it. How do I build and use it? Can I build the module on the same device or should I use another machine for that? Kind regards Andrius
  5. Today
  6. NicoD

NicoD

7. I am compiling the armbian for orangePi3, using the armbian tools ... and the compilation works fine. It works both from the kernel_only and from the entire image But I have a problem with the current version of the kernel, because it turns out that it does not support the hdmi-vga adapter and I would like to compile the 5.07 kernel instead of the 5.10. I have found in the doc but I do not find how to indicate to the compile.sh script that it has to compile version 5.07 of the kernel. Inside the file config-default.conf I do not see where to put the version. The documentation: https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/ It is insufficient and does not do much to solve this problem. Can someone help? regards MaX
  8. I had a hard time to figure out how to set the input pull-up on GPIO 1 of the NanoPi neo2. In the end it appeared to be extremely simple, but in order to help other beginners I like to share how I accomplished it. 1) I created a dts file with the input pull-up definition for GPIO 1 2) I compiled the dts with the "armbian-add-overlay" tool 3) rebooted the NanoPi Neo2 That's it. The dts file can be placed anywhere on the Nanopi Neo2 eg. /home/pi/sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2-pullup.dts nano /home/pi/sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2-pullup.dts The content of sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2-pullup.dts looks like this: /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "allwinner,sun50i-h5"; fragment@0 { target = <&pio>; __overlay__ { input_0: input_0 { pins = "PA1"; function = "gpio_in"; bias-pull-up; }; }; }; }; note that PIN "PA1" = GPIO 1 (BCM) now save the file (press ctrl-x, press y, press enter) start the "armbian-add-overlay" tool sudo armbian-add-overlay /home/pi/sun50i-h5-nanopi-neo2-pullup.dts when the tool finishes, you will have to reboot to apply the changes. That's it, I hope you save some time with this monkey proof explanation. PS: it is easy to convert BCM to PIN, e.g. GPIO 200 (BCM) = PIN "PG8" The letters A - G have the following values A=0, B=1, C=2 ... G=6 The value of the letter must be multiplied by 32, so G = 6x32 = 192 The value behind the letter is added to the value of the letter, in this case for PG8: 192 + 8 = 200 So BCM GPIO 200 is the same pin as PG8. To derive the PIN from BCM you just do it the other way around. e.g. GPIO 6 (BCM) = PIN "PA6" GPIO 201 (BCM) = PIN "PG9"
  9. Are you sure it is blank (no bootenv sectors left) ? Because I've repeated the scenario twice, and as soon I'm erasing the bootenv on eMMC, the "usb start" do nothing (no output at all) and comes back to u-boot prompt silently. EDIT : I've even checked with an ohmmeter if the Boot switch was properly doing contact in SPI position, and it was Ok ...) EDIT2 : I've checked the schematic, and this SPI Boot switch only add a 10K pulldown to eMMC_D6, schematic is Rev0.1, while my board is v0.4 ... Which Rev is yours ? EDIT3 : Ok ! I've tried to repeat tests a third time, I was wrong, the symptom occurs when u-boot/bootenv sectors of the original 4.9.162 are present. But still, why if the switch is at SPI position, the AmLogic BROM still load something from eMMC ? EDIT4 : In fact, I was partially right : If eMMC is blanked, then create a single ext4 partition, but using default fdisk start at 2048, it produce the same symptoms ! But not at 8192 ... EDIT5 : If I remove the partition starting at 2048 and redo it at 8192, symptoms are still there, until I pushed zeros around that location 2048 !
  10. Hooked module eMMC (blank) to N2. Switch to SPI. Starting Armbian from USB works without problems. Created a partition table and two partitions (FAT and EXT4) on eMMC . Reboot N2. Everything normally starts from USB and SD card. I haven't checked the system for eMMC yet (I don't have enough time).
  11. Armbian never used that filename ... I think your SDCard has a mix of Non-Armbian U-Boot somehow ...
  12. Hi again, I figured it out. Based on your work, thanks for this, I was able to draft a DTS-File for the ADS7846. Here is a short How-To for all those people, who are interested: In order to compile/decompile DTS/DTBO files, I needed to get the latest version of the DTC (DT-Compiler). This was doable via cloning the git-repo from here: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/dtc/dtc.git/ and compiling via "make install". With this DTC one can compile DTS into DTBO and viceversa. Then I build the "rockchip-ads7846.dts" File: /* * Generic Device Tree overlay for the ADS7846 touch controller * */ /dts-v1/; /plugin/; / { compatible = "rockchip,rk3288-miniarm", "rockchip,rk3288"; fragment@0 { target = <&spi2>; __overlay__ { status = "okay"; }; }; fragment@1 { target = <&gpio5>; __overlay__ { ads7846_pins: ads7846_pins { rockchip,pins = <5 12 0 &pcfg_pull_up>; }; }; }; fragment@2 { target = <&spi2>; __overlay__ { /* needed to avoid dtc warning */ #address-cells = <1>; #size-cells = <0>; ads7846: ads7846@1 { compatible = "ti,ads7846"; reg = <1>; spi-max-frequency = <2000000>; interrupts = <12 2>; // high-to-low edge triggered interrupt-parent = <&gpio5>; pendown-gpio = <&gpio5 12 0>; ti,x-plate-ohms = /bits/ 16 <60>; ti,pressure-max = /bits/ 16 <255>; }; }; }; }; What can be seen: The GPIO-PIN for pendown is GPIO5B4 (physical PIN 11). This is encoded in "12" according to the table presented in: https://forum.radxa.com/t/how-to-control-the-gpio/148/5 GPIO5B4 is the standard for WaveShare Displays, and therefore this rebuilds the TouchScreen part for WaveShares. In my case I needed to modify this towards GPIO5C3 (19) in order to work with my touchscreen. Then the DTS file needs to be compiled into a DTBO: dtc -O dtb -o rockchip-ads7846.dtbo -b 0 -@ rockchip-ads7846.dts Then the new kernel and module for ADS7846 (from your work above) needs to be installed. Lastly the armbianEnv.txt needs to be modified to read: "i2c1 i2c4 spi2 ads7846 uart1 uart2" under overlays. Reboot and voila. For the Display-Part itself: one CAN use DTS files for this, like yours, but don't have to, as the ili9x-drivers are built as modules and do accept options from an option-file (see above). With this, it should be possible to power Touchscreens based on ili9x and ads7846. Thanks for your work and help. Can you make sure, that the building of the ADS7846 module is added to the next-kernel permanently, so that we can use it from now on? Thanks, kind regards, Olaf
  13. As I said, I've removed all partitions, and still work, as long as I keep the u-boot and bootenv sectors. If I do "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1024 count=1000", then, from SPI U-Boot, "usb start" won't work if the eMMC is present, even if boot switch is at SPI position. So, my conclusion is that U-Boot still use eMMC bootenv, even if switch is at SPI position, and if eMMC bootenv emptied, it chokes ! If eMMC isn't present, it fallback reading the bootenv from SPI instead.
  14. New image 5.87_20190523 Update kernel and add new dtb
  15. Thanks for your reply. I will try an older version, and check the memory chip numbers. The SD card is the same one I used for Dietpi, so I don't think its the problem. I installed Dietpi before Armbian, then tried Armbian (because lack of Docker support in Dietpi/FriendlyElec kernel). Then when I saw that Armbian was stuck/slow, I reinstalled Dietpi just to check. All this wad done on the same Sd card, and currently Dietpi is running fine on it. I'm not sure I will be able to run Armbianmonitor on the Nanopi with latest version. Its simply to slow to do anything (as if it were underclocked to 1 hz or something). Every keystroke in SSH takes a few seconds to show up. I'll update after flashing...
  16. Hi Someone opi3 repair bootrom? Flash zidoo firmaware to opi3 and after have problem. Thanks
  17. Gburas

zd1211 driver

Thanks@Igor for answer, but as I mentioned I have Ubuntu and I assume You use Debian. Is it possible to just install package form Deb in Ubuntu? Or is it better just to flash Debian image? Wysłane z mojego Moto Z (2) przy użyciu Tapatalka
  18. Thank you very much, vfrolov! I've suffered from the error messages on boot for long time and occasionally found your solution that worked for me.
  19. These days i did install on some devices debian buster (via armbian-build-system generated). On the Orange Pi One this did work also fine with the cpu-temperature (showing via armbianmonitor -m) On a Orange Pi PC2 and a NanoPi K1 Plus this doesnt work. First I did think this is a problem of the dev-image with debian buster where /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp doesnt show an output via cat or more - but its filesize does show a 4096 bytes size (also on a working device - and also rights 444 = rrr for the file): -r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 May 20 10:47 temp BUT NOW after a apt update & apt upgrade I also got this "problem" on a NanoPi Neo2 LTS with a stable debian stretch image: Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.85 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 5.1.0-sunxi64 package bsp-kernel[5.86] u-boot[5.85] dtb[5.86] firmware[5.83] config[5.86] with armbianmonitor -m the stretch and buster devices does show the following error: Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c] Time CPU load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq CPU 11:14:59: 1008MHz 0.22 7% 4% 2% 0% 0% 0%/usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected and the devices with this error got these - for me - new error messages about thermal in the dmesg: [ 6.727971] OF: /thermal-zones/cpu-thermal: arguments longer than property [ 6.728007] OF: /thermal-zones/cpu-thermal: arguments longer than property armbianmonitor -u for the NanoPi Neo2 LTS: http://ix.io/1JNA root@npi-neo2-24(192.168.6.24):~# armbianmonitor -u System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 385: read: read error: 0: Invalid argument /usr/bin/armbianmonitor: line 386: [: -ge: unary operator expected http://ix.io/1JNA Please post the URL in the forum where you've been asked for.
  20. The same as always. OMV only works on Debian based Armbian.
  21. Dear Igor, This, "you need to have an active internet connection to setup AP" confused me a bit... I don't want to "share" the internet from another channel (another wifi or GPRS/3G) from my device... Basically my Orange Pi device will sit on a long pole and will create a WiFi access point at a definite time (between 23:00 and 24:00 for example) and my sensors will join the WiFi network Orange Pi created and send their data to Orange Pi. And at another certain time (for example every Sunday between 13:00 and 16:00) a mobile device with WiFi will come to collect data from Orange Pi. This time Orange Pi will join the mobile device's WiFi. For all this, only one WiFi adaptor should suffice without any internet connection.
  22. Dear Igor, I will try to establish an access point using hostapd directly instead of nmcli. I will also look at the armbian-config code. I will post the progress and maybe ask more. Thanx your prompt responses.
  23. Troubles means it can works under certain conditions, but sometimes or mostly not. Aha. I see now what is the problem. You need to have active internet connection to setup AP. If your only adaptor is already connected, you can not add AP to id. That is not supported in this driver/chip version. And if it would, performance would sucks.
  24. Dear Igor, I tried to use armbian-config (as your link suggested) to create a Hotspot but it fails... I will try to capture the failures... But even it works, it doesn't solve my problem. What I want is to be able to create and destroy wireless access point programmatically and only on certain conditions.
  25. Each kernel has its own version of the driver. Some needs special handling for AP mode and on some its (temporally?) broken. RPi is different hardware, has different kernel but by coincidence similar chip. One can not conclude anything from this mess. That's why I provide you safest option. In general, be (very) skeptical what you read around on the internet. Do some testings, read, test more, ...
  1. Load more activity