All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. my experience isn't smooth at all was running 5.57 (not sure what that number refers to) but i am sure it's jessie. apt-get update && upgrade & dist-upgrade does not switch to stretch. I've manually changed sources (armbian.list) replaced jessie -> stretch , ran the same, nothing got upgraded., rebooted, same. manually removed kernel apt-get purge linux-jessie-root-next-orangepipc apt-get install linux-stretch-root-next-orangepipc boots with 5.85, still says jessie ?! "Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.85 stable Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 3.4.113-sun8i" can't install armbian-config : The following packages have unmet dependencies: armbian-config : Depends: expect but it is not installable Depends: resolvconf but it is not installable Depends: debconf-utils but it is not installable Depends: html2text but it is not installable Depends: html2text but it is not installable Depends: dirmngr but it is not installable E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. any ideas? [update] nvm, had sources.list stuffed up.
  3. Yeah, just retried with his latest patches (both kernel and FFmpeg using some new flag M2M_HOLD_CAPTURE_BUF WIP) and it's better, but blocks are still flickering a little. However, most of the issues are gone so, I guess that between mid-June~July H264 support will be top notch. VP8 support has been added to the driver, but either his FFmpeg is not able to decode this format, or MPV refuses to use this hardware decoder ("codec vp8 is not on whitelist" error).
  4. I've build Armbian_5.87_Orangepi3_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.1.3_desktop and it's clocked at 1.8Ghz. But what is a problem is that there's no throttling happening. It goes over 95°C. I'm sure it would even go higher if I let the heatsink warm up fully. Here a screenshot. The second time I run 7z b. 94°C and no throttling happening. And is it possible to put those files needed for wifi in the correct place in the build?
  5. Yesterday
  6. Can this work on the Armbian N2 release? Also, I have EMMC and no SD CARD. I got about as far as But, Armbian for N2 does not have boot.cmd. Do you mean boot.ini? Further, there is no boot.scr so this command doesn't appear to work. And, also I believe "-A arm" should reflect ARM64 or arm64? I'm not sure which notation is correct. But, the N2 is an ARM64 board. There also appears to be an error with CRYPTSETUP in /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf, as it is reported to be deprecated. Hopefully someone can assist with continuing this guide as I'd really like to get the whole EMMC encrypted. Thanks in advance.
  7. Alright, I understand that downloading some precompiled binary by who-knows-who, and tinkering here and there to get it working, sounds shady and fucking annoying. So, instead, I made a script that allows you to download a fresh official FFmpeg, apply @Kwiboo and @jernej patches against it to get V4L2 Request API support, and compile the whole thing (binary and dynamic libraries). Now, this *won't* install the patched FFmpeg, for reasons stated above. https://github.com/Miouyouyou/FFmpeg-V4L2-Request I didn't apply bbrezillon patches, since I haven't tested his latest modifications and, ATM, there were issues here and there. I'd love some good H264 support, but you'll have to wait a bit.
  8. Hello, unfortunately there isn't a dual boot feature: the main reason is that the u-boot version originally shipped with the box is from 2014. It is quite outdated and it is able to boot Android boot images only. When I started the project I made the design choice to support mainline u-boot to best support Armbian. In theory the original u-boot can boot from an external SD card, but the kernel, initramfs and other bits should be "mangled" to fit into an Android boot image, something I never experimented with. The bootlog is available only from the serial port, so no way to show it up on screen. If you take a look to the Armbian downloads page you can download the CSC official image and found the instructions to backup and restore the existing eMMC image.
  9. @balbes150 , thanks for your 5.1.0 image ! I've tried to enhance boot verbosity by adding "loglevel=7" in bootargs in /boot/boot.ini but it didn't worked since "cat /proc/cmdline" still showing original bootargs, it seems that bootargs from /boot/boot.ini is simply ignored ... I wish to have more verbosity, because I'm unable to make it boot from eMMC, something must append during this last line and login prompt, since on eMMC it is not reaching the login prompt and it stuck at this "re-mount". [ 7.812132] EXT4-fs (mmcblk1p2): re-mounted. Opts: commit=600,errors=remount-ro Debian GNU/Linux buster/sid odroid ttyAML0 odroid login:
  10. Lima project is generic, unrelated to Pinephone or other specific hardware. I seriously doubt this (yet another remix of A64) will have impact on anything. Development, especially community driven, is slow and sometimes painful process. https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/05/13/how-one-line-of-code-tripled-allwinner-a20-sata-write-performance/ It is faster, but R40 runs at half (dvfs is broken) CPU speed which means numbers are not alright.
  11. First, install the DT compiler : http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/device-tree-compiler/device-tree-compiler_1.4.7-3_arm64.deb Next, copy the /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-one-plus.dtb into /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-one-plus.dtb-ORIG as backup. Third, decompile it into DTS : dtc -@ -I dtb -O dts -o /root/sun50i-h6-orangepi-one-plus.dts-5.1.0 /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-one-plus.dtb Fourth, edit the file /root/sun50i-h6-orangepi-one-plus.dts-5.1.0 by adding this in the aliases node : ethernet0 = "/soc/ethernet@5020000"; Fifth, recompile the DTB and reboot : dtc -@ -I dts -O dtb -o /boot/dtb/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-one-plus.dtb /root/sun50i-h6-orangepi-one-plus.dts-5.1.0 About "cpu-freq", I don't really know, I'm not the expert on this one ...
  12. Hmm... Is there somewhere a short description? There is also something else a little bit 'strange'. The max clockspeed is just 1488MHz. It was always 1888MHz? orangepioneplus:~$ lscpu Architecture: aarch64 Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 4 On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 4 Socket(s): 1 NUMA node(s): 1 Vendor ID: ARM Model: 4 Model name: Cortex-A53 Stepping: r0p4 CPU max MHz: 1488.0000 CPU min MHz: 480.0000 BogoMIPS: 48.00 NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-3 Flags: fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 cpuid
  13. @balbes150 Are you going to continue the disco variant? I noticed that 5.86 is only debian and bionic again. Very happy with disco on the Odroid N2 here, that's why I am asking. The only thing I noticed: When trying to install lirc, I get a core dump, and the package remains half installed. Didn't have the time yet to further debug.
  14. Yes ! But if you are familiar with decompiling/recompiling DT, you can easily add it yourself if you wish to try it out quickly ...
  15. And thank you very much again to you! So probaply in the comming nightly should it be fixed? If i found another strange things you should hear. XD
  16. Another Good Catch ! We had a fix done almost 2 months ago, by adding missing alias in DT, but it seems that this was lost during the switch from 5.0.y to 5.1.y ... Fix committed : https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/7cd2f9ff58a5bb9e4b8296b32d8796fccbd0338b
  17. NIC is just back active but a new problem is introduced. It got contineusly new MAC adresses even when i select a static ipadress... I think its a problem with the mac adress of the buildin 100NIC like the OrangePi One H3 and the external Realtek Link H6? On the Sunxi wikipage is also the following spec: 'NetworkGBit MAC, integrated 10/100M PHY' Don't know what only a gbit mac is. but probapply is there now a physical 1000Mbit mac from the realtek chip and from the H6 itself? Found also this in the datasheet.
  18. With much thanks to the above references , i have 2 major problem with the 4.14 version , first I can not enable SPI bus through dts file and the second one is when i add simple panel to the dts file to have LCD , the boot operation hungs up do you have any idea to solve these problems ?
  19. Hello, I have Armbian running on my N2. I have installed OMV through armbian-config. There did not appear to be any errors; and, OMV is assessible via the web gui. However, when I try to install NCP via armbian-config, it just says "Loading install info..." then goes back to the Softy screen. I do not see any other errors. I do not know where to look for what errors are preventing NCP from installing since armbian-config and my N2 seem to be functioning properly at the moment. Does anyone know how to get NCP installed?
  20. None of my 12 card have one too. I've never seen that message ... But googling this message reveal that people were facing either corruptions or defects. Try another card, it will help to figure out !
  21. I'm using a newly purchased kingston 16GB sdcard. But I think the micro sdcard do not have the "read only" switch. So I do not understand this error. Should I change the sd card?
  22. I tested the build today 18/05/2019 and it continues with the black screen of my vga lcd of 19". But I searched in the basement for my old 17 "screen (Hyundai lcd) and ... bingo! The screen shows the start of armbian boot. But there is a big problem, everything is shifted to the right (to 1/3) and the text disappears to the right side. The digital information on the screen tells me that it is running at 1280x960 60hz. If I try to move the text to the left, using the buttons on the display it tells me that it is already at maximum and there is a small blinking line to the left at bottom. Everything points to a problem of synchronization of the refresh in the output hdmi. Problem that version 5.82 did not have Note that I am using the original hdmi -> vga adapter from the orangePi store.
  23. MapekCZ

MapekCZ

Hi, I solved one problem. There was just a broken wire in my circuit. Now... Arduino can send AT commands to SIM800l module and receives answers. Arduino can send messages to Orangepi and vice versa. So the module should be OK, Orangepi serial should be OK too. But when I connect Orangepi with the module and send a message, the message returns back (as the two pins on Orangepi would have loopback wire). Mapek
  24. Hello, Recently I have discovered bug in kernel or maybe iptables with using Huawei E3372h LTE Hi-Link USB dongle (or maybe other devices which exposes HTTP interfaces over cdc_ether). Odroid enters into kernel panic and reboot. I am using ARMBIAN 5.85 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.19.42-meson64. kernel:[ 60.801868] Internal error: Oops: 96000004 [#1] PREEMPT SMP The steps to recreate the bug: 1) disable or remove NetworkManager, use only IPv4, 2) set network interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces source /etc/network/interfaces.d/* auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto eth0 allow-hotplug eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 allow-hotplug enxXXX iface enxXXX inet dhcp enxXXX - is example name of your E3372h (virtual?) ethernet interface. 3) check settings in /etc/sysctl.conf - you need have some routing capabilites on - mine is: kernel.printk = 3 4 1 3 net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter=1 net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter=1 net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies=1 net.ipv4.ip_forward=1 net.ipv4.conf.all.accept_redirects = 0 net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_redirects = 0 net.ipv4.conf.all.secure_redirects = 0 net.ipv4.conf.all.send_redirects = 0 net.ipv4.conf.all.accept_source_route = 0 net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_source_route = 0 net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1 net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts=1 net.ipv4.icmp_echo_ignore_all=1 vm.swappiness=100 4) set iptables rules to forward packets between local eth0 and usb dongle ethernet: *nat :PREROUTING ACCEPT [0:0] :INPUT ACCEPT [0:0] :OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0] :POSTROUTING ACCEPT [0:0] -A POSTROUTING -o enxXXX -j MASQUERADE COMMIT *filter :INPUT DROP [0:0] :FORWARD DROP [0:0] :OUTPUT DROP [0:0] :interfaces - [0:0] :open - [0:0] -A INPUT -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT -A INPUT -j interfaces -A INPUT -j open -A INPUT -j DROP -A FORWARD -i enxXXX -o eth0 -m conntrack --ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o enxXXX -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80,443,9001,9111,3690 -j ACCEPT -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o enxXXX -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT -A FORWARD -j DROP -A OUTPUT -j ACCEPT -A interfaces -i lo -j ACCEPT COMMIT 5) connect to local eth0 other computer (set static IP to eg. 10.0.0.2, netmask 255.255.255.0 and gateway 10.0.0.1), 6) from other computer you should be able to ping E3372h eth interface: 192.168.8.1, 7) open web browser (I have Firefox) - enter address: http://192.168.8.1 8) after 5-10 seconds kernel panic occurs 9) after reboot there is a green background on screen via HDMI (need to hard power off and on to start without green screen). I have attached two fotos: 1 - kernel oops messages; 2 - green screen. Has anyone had a similar problem?
  25. Oh ok, how did you configure it ?
  26. Think positiv, https://forum.armbian.com/topic/5226-h6-boards-orange-pi-one-plus-orange-pi-3-plus-and-pine-h64/?do=findComment&comment=79329
  27. because new user write into the dev forum instead of review their own actions and look for a solution. Because of that there is an own section in the forum: Board doesn't start SD card and PSU issues Or if you want to read a current posting that goes in that direction. So until you have gathered some basic experience, supporting others, you are blocked from writing to the dev forum, but everywhere else is open. If you are here for a couple months on a regular basis, you will understand.
  1. Load more activity