All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Added nightly minimal images (root ≈ 500 Mb in size) for La Frite. https://dl.armbian.com/lafrite/
  3. Today
  4. Solution for MIC not working in H5 Boards For H5 boards with Armbian Mainline Kernel, 4.19.67-sunxi64 #5.94 SMP Sun Aug 18 14:35:13 EDT 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux The solution can be found at the end of this other following post... https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7216-orange-pi-zero-problem-with-onboard-soundcard/
  5. Thanks @hexdump for your support.. I used your method and it worked (my memory card has broken so other error occurred but I fixed it)
  6. Thanks goes to @Neil Armstrong and BayLibre, they've been handling mainlining Amlogic. I simply curate any additional patches and keep things playing nice with the build system.
  7. Hi, We haven't started to work on 5.2 but maybe you can try the patch by Gontran Baerts for ArchLinux https://github.com/gbcreation/linux-helios4/blob/master/92-mvebu-gpio-remove-hardcoded-timer-assignment.patch
  8. Yesterday
  9. Perfect. Locking thread.
  10. Your suggested workaround is not good enough. So I wont bother explaining why your completely round-about nonsense side stepping the actual issue is in fact idiotic. You want a LINK? Go to the website and open your eyes. Here is a sample: https://imgur.com/iBWHOlL If you sell NAS and says 48+TB storage it IMPLIES 48+TB storage. Who will read that and say "Wow 48+TB as 12TB individual disks! Can't wait to use this as a NAS solution!"? Your attempt to invalidate common sense with technical side stepping is bullshit. Because your doctor didn't EXPLICITLY say he or she wouldnt leave a spoon inside your anus after an operation doesn't mean its fair to find one there afterwards you tool. There are certain common sense assumptions that are perfectly legitimate in various contexts. Anyway I have nothing more to add.
  11. @jernej - will give it a try tomorrow and let you know then. thanks a lot for thinking about how to get this forward.
  12. Hi S912 owners, Since my exchange with @balbes150 I came to the conclusion that the: Tanix-TX92 (Vorke Z6 Plus) Amlogic S912, 3GB RAM, 2,4 & 5 WiFi, USB 2.0, only 2A PSU, Power Button sound like a good balance between price and features USD 52.- from China. Now I was wondering how happy you are with the Chip/Box per se? What is the latest Android that runs well on this box (no interruptions in a movie) ? How is armbian performing in Dual boot, perhaps with Kodi 18? Can someone recommend a good power supply 5V 3A? Thanks
  13. Hi, there is no /dev/amstream* in Armbian so Kodi can't use hardware decoder. Could support be added please?
  14. Unless you are using this PR, glamor on X11 will not work with lima. Even with this PR, according to one dev on #lima IRC, there are still troubles with slowness. In short, lima is not good enough yet for running X11.
  15. Hi, An other question : I would like to run the latest vanilla kernel (5.2.*). Is there a patch for the dual fan ? The patch provided in the pwm section seems for kernel 4.x and is is rejected. Thanks! Kind regards, Xavier Miller.
  16. I think you have to activate the gpio before loading the modules
  17. Did you rebuild the scripts as shown in post #2? Are you sure it's the same error? Scripts must always be rebuilt when compiling natively because the kernel package is built on x86_64 so the binaries in that directory will be x86_64 format and must be rebuilt for execution on ARM.
  18. yes but I used a other package of USB-Redirection... without usb-redirector-linux-arm-gnueabihf. but same error...
  19. For the sake of completeness - I've been running 5.3.0-rc3 on one of my nanopineoplus2s for a few days now and it has been working great! Nice work!!
  20. The problem in the previous post (unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so) was because compiling and installing the lima userspace driver somehow changed the DRI library search path from /usr/lib to /usr/local/lib. But after resolving that, I still was unable to figure out how to make Xorg use lima_dri.so instead of swrast_dri.so. I'm setting this project aside until I find new information.
  21. You have seen this error before. Do you not remember? Look at post #2.
  22. Dear friends! Of all the topics on this forum and elsewhere, this only one really looks like the truth! So I ask for help here ... I bought from Steven Zhao Orange Pi PC+ and CSI camera 5mp! On Android camera is working... But I like Armbian and want to use camera here! I tried all from this topic, but /dev/video0 does not appear... uname -a: Linux smart 3.4.113-sun8i #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 8 15:09:43 CEST 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux modprobe vfe_v4l2 modprobe gc2035 modprobe ov5640 sunxi-pio -m "PG11<1><0><1><1>" lsmod Module Size Used by ov5640 42238 0 vfe_v4l2 1016182 0 videobuf_dma_contig 3509 1 vfe_v4l2 videobuf_core 14682 2 vfe_v4l2,videobuf_dma_contig gc2035 19554 0 vfe_subdev 4507 3 vfe_v4l2,gc2035,ov5640 cci 22800 3 vfe_v4l2,gc2035,ov5640 vfe_os 4277 3 cci,vfe_v4l2,vfe_subdev mali_drm 2732 2 drm 178282 3 mali_drm zram 8964 5 pcf8591 3363 0 bmp085 3487 0 mali 123158 0 ump 29379 3 mali 8189fs 1050875 0 btrfs 712473 0 ls /dev/v* /dev/vcs /dev/vcs2 /dev/vcs4 /dev/vcs6 /dev/vcsa /dev/vcsa2 /dev/vcsa4 /dev/vcsa6 /dev/vmouse /dev/vcs1 /dev/vcs3 /dev/vcs5 /dev/vcs7 /dev/vcsa1 /dev/vcsa3 /dev/vcsa5 /dev/vcsa7
  23. RAID on NAS is actually pretty useless for most usecases (except enterprise). I mean, RAID only protects you from harddrive failures. But it does nothing against, accidential deletion or version keeping. So maybe just use like 4 partitions. 2 for your data and then the other 2 for backups - use rsync or even rdiff-backup to get nice small differential backups. This gives you security if a disk fails, and you can even recover accidentally lost data. Also your harddrives won't degrade as fast, because essentially only half of them is running (the other ones only turn on 1 per day (or when ever) to sync. This also fixes the RAID issue where multiple drives die because they are used exactly the same. The only downsides are: - no continous backup (ie you will lose some hours/days or how often you do a backup) - some downtime when a drive fails (vs hotswap with raid). Apart from that, Helios4 team does not claim, that it is possible to use all 48TB as one big raid (if it does, please provide a link for me). It only says that it is possible to connect up to 48TB (raw!) to the nas device. Which should be absolutely possible. Also, if you aren't satisfied with your helios, just use their contact and maybe ask for a refund? This thread seems a bit immature.
  24. Hi Everybody. Can anyone publish step by step guide of building working solution of orange pi PC + ov5640. I mean something like: 1. Buy this ov5640 camera 2. Buy this cable 3. Connect so ... 4. Download this OS image. 5. Change this and that in configuration files Thank you P.S. I spend 2 days reading forum but still don't understand how to get work my Orange Pi PC + ov5640
  25. @hexdump can you try this to see if it helps with eachlink HDMI connection detection? Replace "DRM_CONNECTOR_POLL_HPD" in https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/synopsys/dw-hdmi.c#L2118 with "DRM_CONNECTOR_POLL_CONNECT | DRM_CONNECTOR_POLL_DISCONNECT". It's just workaround, but if it helps, it will help with understanding of the problem.
  26. I have finally succeeded on booting from emmc in A5x max tv box. Lessons learnt: Use rk3328-evb.dtb instead of a5x dtb (I couldn't see the mmc partitions with a5x dtb) Boot only working on the combined mode USB +SD, you may need to change the create-mbr.sh and install.sh scripts. I edited them to force the writing to mmblk1 instead of mmcblk0 (where my SD card was). You may need to unmount mmc partitions If you are thinking about using a5x max tv box as a desktop pc, I advise you not to buy this box GUI is very slow. However if you want a linux server it is a nice solution since it has a usb 3.0 port, 4gb of ram and a very affordable price. Proper cooling is required for this tv box.
  27. If you're in the states and interested in selling your Helios4, DM me.
  28. same without "eb"... make -C /usr/src/linux-source-4.19.62-sunxi M=/home/outdoorpi/usb-redirector-linux-arm-gnueabihf/files/modules/src/tusbd modules make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-source-4.19.62-sunxi' CC [M] /home/outdoorpi/usb-redirector-linux-arm-gnueabihf/files/modules/src/tusbd/driver.o /bin/sh: 1: scripts/basic/fixdep: Exec format error make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:304: /home/outdoorpi/usb-redirector-linux-arm-gnueabihf/files/modules/src/tusbd/driver.o] Error 2 make[2]: *** Deleting file '/home/outdoorpi/usb-redirector-linux-arm-gnueabihf/files/modules/src/tusbd/driver.o' make[1]: *** [Makefile:1517: _module_/home/outdoorpi/usb-redirector-linux-arm-gnueabihf/files/modules/src/tusbd] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-source-4.19.62-sunxi' make: *** [Makefile:61: default] Error 2
  1. Load more activity