All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I have one from my defunct RockProg64, but it is not been recognise properly from Odroid-N2, so both seems to be incompatible ...
  3. Nope ! It is eMMC part of the parcel shipped by Lisa's HardKernel DEV sample recently received. I maybe going to restore original 4.9.162 to see if such "load average > 10" exist on their image ... (But now I have doubt how I will be able to restore it)
  4. Today
  5. Hi all, I'm running Armbian 4.19 (both stable kernel 5.77 and nightly) on an TinkerBoard S. I'm trying to connect a 3.2inch resistive Touch Display to SPI2. The display works with ili9341 module on SPI2 CS0. I have the touch screen of it on the SPI2@1 (CS1) but no way of getting a module or overlay dts for the ADS7846 TouchScreen. I've seen, there is a generice resisitive-adc-touch module, but I can't get it running. Using the ADS7846 on armbian with AllWinner and several other boards for many years. Works great so far. Any hints, how to get it running in such a way, that it will be there with downstream updates (meaning without having a special kernel for it)? Thanks, kind regards, Olaf
  6. Yesterday
  7. This already works with 5.1 if armbian is still using my kernel patches. All that's needed is putting firmware in /lib/firmware.
  8. Just to add to this: root@rock64:/home/rock64/Desktop# glxgears libGL error: unable to load driver: rockchip_dri.so libGL error: driver pointer missing libGL error: failed to load driver: rockchip but under es2_info: GL_RENDERER: Mali-4 Help?!
  9. What model eMMC is it? Is it a pine one? I've had issues with Odroid eMMC working on pine, but Pine eMMC not working on Odroid or RockPi. Always a simular behaviour of showing initial boot and then hanging. If you've got another. Try it. Mine with problems has V 1.0 written on the underside. Works with some, most not.
  10. Although I have SPI/USB combo working, I've continued investigating about the eMMC ... Now, I'm throwing the towel !!! Just for example, few days ago, I was trying to push image to eMMC using "xzcat theimage.img.zx | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=100M" and it hangs with "load average > 10" forever. Then I extracted the image, and did "dd if=theimage.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=100M", it success, but the eMMC didn't boot, hanging early after mount ROOTFS. I've suspected corruptions, confirmed with "fsck", so today I tried to restore manually doing "tar cf - <source> | tar xvf", from working USB to eMMC, but again "load average > 10" forever. I did only few directory at a time, fine, the tar finished, but doing "sync", again "load average > 10" forever ... What the F*%K !!! And as cherry on the icecream : this eMMC can't be used with the eMMC/USB adaptor I've coming from RockPro64, although mechanically compatible, and looking at schematic should be also electronically compatible. So, end of the story, I will stay with SPI/USB combo like @balbes150 suggested !
  11. Didn't work for me on Nanopi Neo2 with Bionic Beaver. Any other suggestions?
  12. Not too sure what I'm doing wrong, but none of the latest builds has working network/ethernet working for me. I got version 5.44 working with this dtb.img file that I found here in the thread. I have a cloned M8N OTT TV box with s802, 2gb ram and 100mb ethernet. dtb.img
  13. here is the latest round of my dtb for t9 and h96max+ rk3328 tv boxes - changes since last version: properly enable dmc (i think this allows better memory timing) raise voltage for the 1.392ghz clock (disabled by default) to the values which worked for @amirul as well raise thermal trip points slightly to 85/95/110 degree celsius add a rk3328-t9-fast.dtb which has the 1.392ghz cpu clock and higher memory clocks enabled (the 1.512ghz cpu clock is still disabled by default as its likely not working or too unstable in most cases) the cpu performance ist about 5-10% better than my last t9 dtb for the regular t9 dtb and about 10-15% better than my last t9 dtb for the t9-fast dtb and as such the cpu performance is now about even with the mx10 box one ... i noticed that the usb2 port might be a bit unstable at times, so better use the usb3 port - maybe this is a general problem for rk3328 boards ... best wishes - hexdump rk3328-t9.dts rk3328-t9.dtb rk3328-t9-dtb.diff rk3328-t9-fast.dtb rk3328-t9-fast.dts rk3328-t9-fast-dtb.diff
  14. I got my EspressoBin-V7 yesterday and spent most of today to get it "stable" with Armbian. I haven't succeeded so far, although with your patch @ebin-dev, I got an uptime of almost 10 mins, which is an absolute record for now... I tried 1000-800 and 800-800-Mhz so far. I am running the Armbian provided Debian kernel on it (4.19.20). I tried what @Anders describes above and replace the kernel and dts file, but for me, it doesn't work: The kernel gets stuck at the very beginning [ 0.000000] bootconsole [uart0] enabled was the last message of boot process. Update: I just tried the flash-image-ddr4-1g-1cs-1200_750.bin and this broke u-boot completely. I will have to do a rescue with WtpDownload_linux tomorrow...
  15. I don't have one either, mine is v1, but yes that should be the trick ...
  16. I do not have a Rock64 V3, but out of pure curiosity: Does this https://github.com/mrfixit2001/u-boot-1/commit/cbe59e621f83b54b7b463ad69a568fbae4db04a7 do the trick?
  17. I feel for you. I hope it's recoverable. You could try rubbing with a toothbrush and some alcohol on the point where it's shorted. Sometimes it works again after the corrosion has been removed. And if a pad has been damaged you can solder a wire. I've watched many videos of Louis Rossmann with very badly water damaged MacBooks. He fixes them all. But when somebody is good at his job, then they make it look easy... I've been using SBC's a lot while traveling in my not rainproof tent. In every kind of weather. Never had issue's. I'll cross my fingers for the next trip. Cause then the NanoPi M4's going to come along.
  18. Probably, but I didn't tested it. I've only plug one showing "ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)" in "lsusb", and I've also see "btusb" module loaded ... Install "bluez" and running "hciconfig" shows : hci1: Type: Primary Bus: USB BD Address: 00:1A:7D:DA:71:13 ACL MTU: 310:10 SCO MTU: 64:8 UP RUNNING RX bytes:1220 acl:0 sco:0 events:72 errors:0 TX bytes:2788 acl:0 sco:0 commands:72 errors:0
  19. @FlashBurn @spqr Please find the updated bootloader here (u-boot is unchanged; WTMI is updated to 18.12.1) - it should solve the stability issues and it works fine on my V5_0_1 EspressoBin (https://pastebin.com/xJCtLXsH). The recovery images are also updated: sata-images and uart-images. Could you please test if your EspressoBin ist stable now and if you can apply the pending cpufreq and xtal kernel patch without creating any further issues ?
  20. It was never publicly available AFAIK. However, you can download i.MX8 documentation which has small overview of this core and registers description.
  21. true, would that then "just work"? Well, I ordered one, I'll find out soon(ish)
  22. Interesting find. They seem to talk about filling up a "form" to get more informations, but I can't find that form. Do you know if the hardware decoder documentation is still available on this site ?
  23. From the media script thread: Chromium is unusable right now. I'm having to use Firefox. EDIT1: I ran the media-script .sh and it auto installed the default selection and I also ticked "streaming" which I know is Chromium... EDIT2: I'm on the latest Chromium for Ubuntu bionic... 73.x EDIT3: This is what Chromium says under "chrome://gpu": What am I doing wrong? es2_info: and glxgears:
  24. I'm using the 5.75 image which comes with the 4.4 kernel, updated everything with "apt update -y && apt upgrade -y && apt dist-upgrade -y" and I installed system, chromium and mpv. mpv works fine.. however; chromium states: Flash Stage3D: Software only. Hardware acceleration disable And others too. it's slow and can't load youtube videos at 480p.... what next? EDIT: Yes, I ran the script and installed system, mpv and chromium. chromium under "chrome://gpu" states that it IS software only and not HW accelerated.....
  25. You can also purchase some USB-BT dongle ...
  26. nah, I'll wait. I basically "need" BT to use it to switch on some BT-light strips. And I can still do that with my phone, works. So for me, I'll wait.
  27. Maybe later ... I don't want to get indigestion doing too much branch switching ...
  28. There is also VP9 decoding IP core , which is present in Allwinner H6, NXP i.MX8 and I think Rockchip has it too. It may be connected to Hantro and Google, but I'm unsure who is the original author.
  1. Load more activity