All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You can control this by setting INSTALL_HEADERS="no" BUILD_KSRC="no" in config-default.conf About the other issue you describe, I'm not sure to be understanding you correctly. Are you saying that you get different kernel version when building complete images and when building only kernel packages?
  3. chwe

[RockPro64] Armbian upstream kernel/uboot test?

@Mathias, congrats to your new role.. somehow similar I got mod here.. Well, my interest in your project is minor.. and just to be clear. I don't claim that there aren't any software bugs for USB3 on those boards (I simply don't know it). But a driver/DTS issue might be hard to debug (depending on your kernel experience - at least for me it would be). Whereas troubleshooting hardware related bugs might be easier. I assume it's the one provided by pine in their store? From what I heard (and this is mostly @tkaiser review of it) It should be one of the better choices. looking into schematics.. USB should allow at least 5V/1A on each port as long as the PSU can deliver it (http://files.pine64.org/doc/rockpro64/rockpro64_v21-SCH.pdf p3). Did you check dmesg if there's some obvious errors. E.g. losing link multiple times during heavy load or try the same adapter on an USB2 of the RockPro this would nail it down to USB3 (software or hardware - cause powering for those are the same on the RockPro).
  4. BTW. You can achieve the same network topology with ifupdown + hostapd and there such setup is known to work. Also with better performance.
  5. Yes, that's a good start. I tried with Realtek 8811 - it works fine if AP is without password while it doesn't if I set password. We could conclude its something generic, bug in Network manager or something in kernel is missing, but what? uname -a Linux lime 5.0.9-sunxi Ubuntu Bionic
  6. Today
  7. Igor

You got email with credentials Welcome! Changes are usually very slow and when you find out that some important problems are solved, you edit/remove that part of listed bugs. Bug list is not that big anymore.
  8. Mathias

@chweI've used the enclosure (based on JMicron JMS 578 chip) on my laptop to transfer almost 400G of data without any problems twice (with UAS mode, thanks to an updated firmware ) but as soon as it is connected to my RockPro, I can not transfer/read more than a few Gb (ie the nightly rsync of my hosted Nextcloud to my backup system was enough to trigger the bug). I've tried disabling uas (blacklisting it and checking that it was really used as "mass storage") but this was not enough to make it stable. So far, I've reverted to moving my Nextcloud to an sdcard (so the rsync does not find anything on the USB3 drive that needs syncing). If you want, I can provide a backtrace (I ssh to it and start copying data around, so when it goes down, I still have the backtrace in my ssh terminal). @IgorI would love to step in as board "maintainer" but so far, I don't have enough days as registered member... (and I can not promise to test all new stuff regularly, since I also use my board as a server, so I can not always afford to bring it down at any given time). In the mean time, I can start a thread in the forums to collect some links and information about the board.
  9. ilchenko Evgeny

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

ok, thx
  10. vivekpk

OPZ+2 H5 enable SPi but no /dev/spi-dev

thanks, will check with this and let you know the result
  11. vivekpk

yes, i am using i2c and gpio along with the spi
  12. with the armiban-build-system I did build some dev-images. Sometimes I see in other threads, that later build images have newer kernel or package versions. While trying apt update && apt upgrade I didnt get these newer packages So my first try was to use the armbian-build-system and do use the function for creating u-boot and kernel that will give me some .debs in ./build/output/debs/ like this: linux-u-boot-dev-nanopineo2_5.82_arm64.deb linux-dtb-dev-sunxi64_5.82_arm64.deb linux-image-dev-sunxi64_5.82_arm64.deb linux-headers-dev-sunxi64_5.82_arm64.deb linux-source-dev-sunxi64_5.82_all.deb install these (mostly I didnt do that for the headers and source) with dpkg -i will result in higher package numbers, but not for the armbian / bsp-kernel version for getting here the right version I have to compile (again) - now - the a whole OS-image to get linux-stretch-root-dev-nanopineo2_5.82_arm64.deb in ./build/output/debs/stretch If you did install also this .deb with dpkg -i I do get the right/higer armbian/bsp-kernel-version: Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.82 user-built Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 5.0.7-sunxi64 package bsp-kernel[5.82] u-boot[5.82] dtb[5.82] firmware[5.79] config[5.81] armbian-config does update via apt update && apt upgrade I try to update this way because I didnt want to use a whole new OS-image and reconfigure it. But I think it isnt the right way to update, when I have to compile 2 times on to get the root-deb Is there another way to generate this file? And is there a way to not generate the headers and source .debs? The source .deb take a while because it is getting as big as 370MB Is there a better way or does nobody other like me update this way?
  13. madurani

OrangePiZero AP-wifi authentication issue:

Kernel should be new: root@orion2:~# uname -a Linux orion2 4.19.25-sunxi #5.78 SMP Mon Apr 8 07:46:22 CEST 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
  14. martinayotte

It depends : are you using those ? Simply edit again /boot/armbianEnv.txt and add "param_spidev_spi_bus=0" or "param_spidev_spi_bus=1" depending which bus you want to activate... and then reboot ...
  15. vivekpk

how will i do that
  16. vivekpk

you mean without i2c0 and w1-gpio
  17. chwe

that's why it's a good starter.. we had even issues in getting the board booting with upstream u-boot. are you sure it's an software issue? Could also be bad SATA-USB enclosure (assuming that's what you connect to USB3) and or bad powering..
  18. martinayotte

The spi-spidev has some requirement to be met, it is not as simply load it in overlays list, it requires the "param_spidev_spi_bus" ...
  19. What if you start only with spi-dev overlay?
  20. chwe

H6 board low power consumption

If you read through the topics in which @tkaiser did those optimizations, you hopefully got that you need to monitor power-consumption after adjustments to see if your changes have an impact or not (best practice here is then to check consumption with PSU, not after PSU). IMO I don't think that the overall mainline support is ready to yet for such tweaks cause H6 is wip, but feel free to spend your time with it. What's the goal. reduce consumption but it will be anyways 'wall powered' or do you try to make a battery powered solution? is set by u-boot see as far as I remember.. you would have to recompile a custom uboot and freeze it. depends on used PMIC (so which H6 board you have) would need proper testing to ensure it's working reliable. Further not 100% failsafe that every H6 SoC behaves the same (e.g. I assume there aren't many people around knowing how constant the h6 SoCs are in their capability to lower cpu voltage --> should be in the DT so you can test it). Not sure if the GPU nodes already landed in DT, check it. HDMI is porbably there.. but you may have to check if it makes a difference, (e.g. test if https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/c8319a2740146e3106051f9206b5ba1a45306752/patch/kernel/sunxi-dev/board-h6-add-orangepi-one-plus-and-lite2.patch#L137 =disabled is already sufficient). If it's for educational purposes (e.g. learning a bit about u-boot, kernel & DT), go for it.. if you really want to optimize stuff I would wait until kernel support is more mature). Make sure that for your use-case it actually has an positive impact (e.g. monitoring consumption over time and compare).
  21. ... to work under Linux in general. If you use old kernels you are just further away. Just a note that more wireless chips are supported out of the box under modern Armbian kernels then on upstream kernel from Ubuntu or Debian. Try if you don't believe Yes, it will not be simple. Welcome to Linux wireless networking.
  22. vivekpk

log files is her http://ix.io/1GZ7
  23. manuti

nvidia jetson nano

24. I don't see any logs from your machine. Type armbianmonitor -u
  25. vivekpk

I am having the same issue with Banana PI M2+ H3 board i don't see any spi devices under /dev/
  26. megi

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

Don't worry, these are just early driver probe failures, that succeed later on as they are retried.
  27. Hi, I'm here to dig into low power consumption with allwinner H6 boards, I own an OrangePi one plus and I'm already doing some tests. With an H3 board and legacy kernel I would simply tweak fex file to turn off the unnecessary, and there is already good material around this argument. But with mainline kernel there is no documentation about lowering power consumption. I would really appreciate some hints on how to tweak down consumption for H6 boards and mainline kernel, probably editing DT overlay or some other config/patch files, and re-building? I already tweaked the simplest things like: -Using fast ethernet instead of gigabit -Lowering max CPU frequency (even if I chose this soc for higer CPU performance) Following what has already been done with H3 board I still have these things to try: -Disabling GPU and HDMI -Disabling USB -Lowering DRAM clockspeed And eventually downvolting more than the standard voltage for both core and memory (if possible, I'm open for try and miss testing) If you have some hints it would be really appreciated, I will of course share my findings hoping to help someone else. Thanks in advance
  1. Load more activity