All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Good news. I found an easy way to run Armbian and Libreelec system completely from USB to N2 (without using SD card or eMMC module). For those who want to get this opportunity without waiting for the release of the SPI u-boot update , I can write a simple instruction how to do it through the UART console (it is very simple and takes only 2-3 minutes).
  3. [ error ] ERROR in function prepare_host [ general.sh:516 ] [ error ] Running this tool on non x86-x64 build host in not supported .... so I need to use an x86-x64 tu build an arm kernel? Why? the arm platform is not reliable enough to compile a kernel?
  4. https://github.com/armbian/config
  5. Wouldn't it be better to disable screensaver and power manager settings by default? Without power manager there's no simple way for the user to disable this him/herself. I've seen this behaviour before where screensaver didn't work because of the sleep mode of the power manager(N2 Mate Desktop). I'll see if this is also the case here.
  6. Today
  7. It's an option in armbian-config in system settings, first option, can look now cause I'm running Friendly Elec, I'd actually like to see the source to see exactly what it does so I can duplicate it when running the Friendly Elect OS. Anyone know how easy it is to find the source tou armbian-config ?
  8. The build script providing the option to build kernel packages only. It automatically grabs all needed components and patches. So my guess it it would be easier and promising to use that.
  9. The problem is in the kernel! Today I copied the 5.07 kernel version, from the Armbian 5.82, that I have in the mmc on the 5.87 that I have in the SDcard. Now Armbian 5.87 works perfectly, so the problem is in the kernel that for some reason leaves the black screen on orangePi3 using the hdmi-VGA adaper. My idea is now, to try to compile the linux kernel directly in orangePi 5.82, then install it on the SDcard, and verify if it works (or not). One question, I want to compile only the kernel and not the entire distribution. Can I use the old Debian methods, or do I have to use the repository at https://github.com/armbian/build and then use the kernel_only option? Note for me, to remember in the future: In order to use an old kernel in a SDcard you have to: rename (on the SDcard) the boot folder in boot.original copy the boot folder from the functioning installation in the sdcard Copy and replace the file armbianEnv.txt from the folder /boot.original to /boot copy from the functioning installation to SDcard, the modules in /lib/modules/<KernelVersion>
  10. Could you flash your bootloader to 600_600 and try again ? If no errors occur in that case we could assume that the bootloader needs to be adapted at least for V7 boards ...
  11. Wrong Still had issues. Issue seemed to be Alsa functions were called too quickly? For example, snd_pcm_avail sometimes returned a broken pipe error. Now I added a 10ms delay between calls to Alsa and seems to be stable..
  12. Hello, Ethernet did not for me out of the box for Pine64 A64-DB-V1.1 2G board for mainline. DTS fix with "allwinner,tx-delay-ps" made it work root@pine64:~# cat /etc/armbian-release # PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BOARD=pine64 BOARD_NAME="Pine64" BOARDFAMILY=sun50iw1 VERSION=5.83 LINUXFAMILY=sunxi64 BRANCH=next ARCH=arm64 IMAGE_TYPE=stable BOARD_TYPE=conf INITRD_ARCH=arm64 KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=Image
  13. This is exactly what is behind, but keeping it updated with resources that works on Armbian is close to impossible. It is summed/documented/resulted in: patches on top of mainline: https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/patch/kernel/mvebu64-next kernel config: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/kernel/linux-mvebu64-next.config u-boot / ATF building process: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/mvebu64.conf (if it's a kernel problem, this can be fully skipped) ... and forum will also provide some clues about that state.
  14. Hi everyone, I was able to get my lcd https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IGBDT02/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to work Im running on Orange Pi zero H2 Armbian Bionic mainline based kernel 4.19.y. Ive tried everything here several times, but for some reason my touchscreen still doesnt work. Ive noticed that when Im running sudo make install in the ads7846 part Im getting something saying " WARNING: modules_install: missing 'System.map' file. missing Skipping depmod" . Is this normal? Other than that I dont understand what Im doing wrong. Also tried sudo modprobe ads7846_device model=7846 cs=1 gpio_pendown=1 keep_vref_on=1 swap_xy=1 pressure_max=255 x_plate_ohms=60 x_min=200 x_max=3900 y_min=200 y_max=3900 . Gives me an error " modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'ads7846_device': invalid arguement" Im greatfull for any help.
  15. It was designed to be present only on some hardware: https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/sun50iw1.conf#L108 and as Martin explained even there things are not properly working yet.
  16. This suggests I should be able to do a DT overlay with sudo enable_dtoverlay spi0 spi@ff190000 okay but the enable_dtoverlay command is not found. BTW I'm a maker, not a developer, so if it seems I'm floundering here, I am :-) It would be really sweet if the armbian-config utility included an "interfaces" option similar to what the RPi has, where you can simply toggle GPIO, SPI, i2C, etc on and off.
  17. We have some really cool new Armbian Backgrounds. Soon they will be rendered in high resolution. Which one is your favorite? Please vote in the poll! See Gallery Here or links to individual items within poll.
  18. hello dear experts Where would you recommend me to store the Keepass-file? Well - for most of the use-cases usually i have all my personal documents in my cloud account. The pro: i can access it from everywhere in the world. With any device. But besides that i am not so sure if this is safe. Especially if it comes to such things like keepass: Some friends mentioned that it is not so safe: Question; would it be safe to use the cloud for the keepass-file? Can i secure it even further, by adding another (extra) layer of security by encrypting the file. the generalized question is this: How safe is it to store the keepass-file in the (wrong place) like in the cloud? What risks do I need to know about? What can I do with the KeePass password file, there are several arguments to decide where to store it. if the passwords are really, really important to someone, one should make the decision based on: - the possible risk of the file being hacked by some hackers - what can we do if we consider to get hacked - what if someone may compromise the file just with a hack - is it preferable that the DB file not get in the wild, - there may be more and other terrible risks - which one do you take into consideration"? so there some difficult questions arise: What should i do - what can be done with the passwd. Can I secure it even further, by adding another extra layer of security by encrypting the file i am going to store in cloud storage online. look forward to hear from you Well i guess: The best place to store the Keepass DB file is wherever it is most convenient for someone. With a sufficiently strong and arbitrarily defined password - like so: 3112-.,,2-1^^^ and so forth. Well i think that we should make use of a long password (30+ characters) well one that is not guessable outside of brute force Belive it or not: i have heared that some like storing the Keepass DB in Google Drive. Question; is this not a big big security hole!?
  19. Yesterday
  20. if temperature > maxTemp: Remove that colon Not that. I don't know python. I've got no idea. My programming must have a semicolon on the end. I can't get used to seeing Python,
  21. I'm afraid not really, this is a symptom of something we've been talking about a great deal, version control and releases being build system related, and not kernel related.
  22. By "updated everything" do you mean ran the media script? Are you running the 4.4 kernel? Please see posting guidelines and add requisite information.
  23. What are the hurdles for getting Bluetooth support working for the nano pi r1? At the time of writing it says that it is not supported yet? Thanks!
  24. here is the error it returns, it seems that I can't find the variable maxTemp, and yet I defined it with maxTemp = 22 root@orangepizero:~# python test.py File "test.py", line 32 if temperature > maxTemp: ^ IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level root@orangepizero:~# python -m tabnanny test.py 'test.py': Indentation Error: unindent does not match any outer indentation level (<tokenize>, line 32) root@orangepizero:~#
  25. From what I know, Sleep/Hibernate works only on Legacy, since it rely on AR100 ARISC co-processor, not yet supported on Mainline. That is true for all AllWinner SoC, not only H6 ... For more details, here is http://linux-sunxi.org/AR100 For example, it is well known that Pinebook with Mainline, doing sleep simply returns to normal desktop, without even doing a reboot.
  26. I had kernel panic issues with my Espressobin, when it was functional. It worked best with the 1200/750 firmware. It's probably something to do with memory timing/board layout.
  1. Load more activity