All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Merblud

NanoPC T4

As a result it is necessary to create the mbr partition? And why then the loader tries to look for the gpt partition? For example: GPT 0x3190d20 signature is wrong LoadTrust Addr:0x4000 Or nobody just knows what occurs in a blob from Rockchip?
  3. 13 Pins Header, with 2x USB, IR pin, AUDIO(MIC, AV)
  4. The client has a device with only a USB port which must be able to connect to this board
  5. Hi LJB, If you need 2 x NIC and WiFi, why didn't go for: http://www.orangepi.org/OrangePiR1/ ?
  6. Today
  7. langerma

Ethernet not working on SOPINE module

is it possible to just upgrade my image by apt upgrade? (defreeze kernel pkgs beforehand)
  8. balbes150

Armbian for TV box rk3328

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/770129-rk3588-8k-arm-cortex-a76-a55-soc-rockchip-roadmap-to-2020
  9. Hi, I just got a NanoPi Neo Plus2 for which I must prepare an image for our software. Basically I must have a working Ethernet-over-USB, Wifi and NIC. I started with your current Debian image compiled with uses Armbian v8.75 and Linux kernel v4.19.20. In this image Wifi works, but loading the g_ether module does not seem to work. I assume I need to patch the kernel to make this happen, which means I need to build my own images. So I created a Virtualbox environment as described in the documentation, and compiled an image with all the defaults (apart from a date-tag I add to the kernel name for identification). I installed the image to the eMMC and booted. In this image there is no wifi interface and g_ether also does not work. The armbianmonitor output for my new image is attached to this query (http://ix.io/1H9v), but I also created an armbianmonitor output for your Debian image (http://ix.io/1H9u) in which the Wifi interface does appear. Wifi: Comparing the dmesg output, it is obvious that firmware fails to load into the AP6212 wifi unit on my image. I've downloaded and installed firmware from several sites (official and other) to try and fix, but nothing solves the problem. Any ideas? Is this a regression in the Linux kernel (4.19.20 -> 4.19.36)? OTG: Configuration of the USB-OTG for the Ethernet-over-USB gadget is usually done in the DTS files on ARM processors (I think - a bit rusted). I've noticed that there are several patches applied to the kernel from other boards such as the OrangePi, so maybe someone already has a patch for another H5 based board which will work for the NanoPiNeo+2? Regards, LJB
  10. pkfox

More SATA questions

I know what you mean ( many hats and titles ) I've been programming computers since 1971 and I'm still getting paid to do so - some of my previous titles are shown below Programmer Systems Analyst Analyst Programmer Project Manager Lead Programmer Software Engineer l could go on - all those different titles for essentially the same job BTW I have the Pi with 4 Ssd drives working beautifuly
  11. I tried to build Mesa with enabled lima and kmsro drivers, seems like this work mostly ffine: https://launchpad.net/~russianneuromancer/+archive/ubuntu/drivers (for Ubuntu 19.04 only, due to Mesa 19.0 dependencies). However, attempts to interact with lima via X11 always result in "libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate". https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/vmKQVPcEURxlcvqkqLDiTw https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/2VbdPxubtS9a-9E~hzZbIA ...and attempts to run glmark2-es2-wayland under Weston reveal that it running on llvmpipe. Testing on NanoPC-M! with current dev kernel: ~$ dmesg | grep lima [ 9.943493] lima 1c40000.gpu: bus rate = 200000000 [ 9.943506] lima 1c40000.gpu: mod rate = 384000000 [ 9.950490] lima 1c40000.gpu: gp - mali400 version major 1 minor 1 [ 9.950539] lima 1c40000.gpu: pp0 - mali400 version major 1 minor 1 [ 9.950581] lima 1c40000.gpu: pp1 - mali400 version major 1 minor 1 [ 9.950629] lima 1c40000.gpu: l2 cache 64K, 4-way, 64byte cache line, 64bit external bus [ 9.960591] [drm] Initialized lima 1.0.0 20170325 for 1c40000.gpu on minor 1 (full log) I wonder if anyone was able to install Lima from Mesa upstream with current Armbian dev kernel and replicate at least this results?
  12. Igor

NanoPC T4

Technical documentation is sometimes abridged, weird or even wrong. For booting you only need one partition with a non-standard off set before. 16K instead of 1K.
  13. Recommended for AP operations: Realtek 8811AU, 8812AU, RT3572, RT5572. mt7610u is yet another cheap key/driver which just got Linux support. But it's in very infant/alfa state. It works, but AP mode comes last to fix, if. We have no resources to fix any of broken drivers since each driver represents a serious operation which we can't possibly afford.
  14. amirul

Iridium browser aka chromium without google

https://chat.osb-alliance.de Got in the iridium devs chat room. I'll ask very nicely for an armbian port
  15. Yesterday
  16. Thanks for your message. It is always your help. I have the kernel version 4.19.33 and I tried to operate this device mt7601U, an rtl8192e and another mt7610u TP-LINK Archer T1U that I have. Unsuccessfully. Which device can make the connection easier or would another be recommended? Thanks.
  17. Wireguard is broken on sources that are in repository, while if you use self made, it works. A rebuild of all packages should be done. The question is - is it safe enough?
  18. Here we can see both u-boot and kernel can see the USB drive (pendrive log) scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found ... [ 6.517256] usb-storage 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected ... [ 8.005130] sda: sda1 The kernel starts USB initialization at [ 5.731114] ehci-platform 1c14000.usb: EHCI Host Controller Absence of this init in the failed case could (imho) be caused by incorrect/damaged device tree. Device tree is loaded to memory by u-boot (and seems patched after this). I'm not familiar with u-boot in details, perhaps it uses the same device tree and this explains why it does not see storage device too. Although, this could be less important because u-boot seems load both kernel and device tree from SD (if I understand this boot process correctly). So the next step would be checking the device tree and presence of device at 1c14000.
  19. mboehmer

GPIO interferes with I2C

Will check on Friday, sorry for the delay.
  20. You can also simply provide this argument to compile.sh while building an Armbian image : WIREGUARD=no
  21. ok commented /usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.20-meson64/net/Kconfig works: ... if INET #source "net/wireguard/Kconfig" source "net/ipv4/Kconfig" source "net/ipv6/Kconfig" source "net/netlabel/Kconfig" endif # if INET what a mess
  22. Not working on meson64 Must remake target 'scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o'. Successfully remade target file 'scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o'. Finished prerequisites of target file 'scripts/kconfig/conf'. Prerequisite 'FORCE' of target 'scripts/kconfig/conf' does not exist. Prerequisite 'scripts/kconfig/conf.o' is older than target 'scripts/kconfig/conf'. Prerequisite 'scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o' is older than target 'scripts/kconfig/conf'. Must remake target 'scripts/kconfig/conf'. Successfully remade target file 'scripts/kconfig/conf'. Finished prerequisites of target file 'syncconfig'. Must remake target 'syncconfig'. Putting child 0xaaaadc8b0780 (syncconfig) PID 31872 on the chain. Live child 0xaaaadc8b0780 (syncconfig) PID 31872 net/Kconfig:89: can't open file "net/wireguard/Kconfig" Reaping losing child 0xaaaadc8b0780 PID 31872 scripts/kconfig/Makefile:69: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed make[2]: *** [syncconfig] Error 1 Removing child 0xaaaadc8b0780 PID 31872 from chain. Reaping losing child 0xaaaaf940e1f0 PID 31871 Makefile:539: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed make[1]: *** [syncconfig] Error 2 Removing child 0xaaaaf940e1f0 PID 31871 from chain. Reaping losing child 0xaaaaf5ebaec0 PID 31798 Makefile:635: recipe for target 'include/config/auto.conf' failed make: *** [include/config/auto.conf] Error 2 Removing child 0xaaaaf5ebaec0 PID 31798 from chain. root@odroidc2:/usr/src/linux-headers-4.19.20-meson64# make -s scripts -s prepare0 net/Kconfig:89: can't open file "net/wireguard/Kconfig" scripts/kconfig/Makefile:69: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed make[2]: *** [syncconfig] Error 1 Makefile:539: recipe for target 'syncconfig' failed make[1]: *** [syncconfig] Error 2 Makefile:635: recipe for target 'include/config/auto.conf' failed make: *** [include/config/auto.conf] Error 2
  23. hbars

Enable i2c ports in bpi m2 berry-ultra.

So they already are. https://github.com/hbars/BPI-M2-Ultra-Berry-i2c-enable/blob/master/v40-bananapi-m2-berry-i2c-1.dts https://github.com/hbars/BPI-M2-Ultra-Berry-i2c-enable/blob/master/v40-bananapi-m2-berry-i2c-2.dts Just gonna leave this here, because-as how to promote the patch does not know... And about PMIC pins I saw. Strange why was not describe the rest.
  24. Merblud

NanoPC T4

Help to understand with boot process. I watch documentation from rockchip. There it is specified that several gpt partitions have to be created. I take a sd-card with the image of the armbian which is written down on it. I start the gdisk. I receive result: GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 1.0.1 Partition table scan: MBR: MBR only BSD: not present APM: not present GPT: not present *************************************************************** Found invalid GPT and valid MBR; converting MBR to GPT format in memory. *************************************************************** Disk /dev/sdd: 31176704 sectors, 14.9 GiB Logical sector size: 512 bytes Disk identifier (GUID): 1239DBE7-E7AC-4D30-B146-AEF177251577 Partition table holds up to 128 entries First usable sector is 34, last usable sector is 31176670 Partitions will be aligned on 2048-sector boundaries Total free space is 344477 sectors (168.2 MiB) Number Start (sector) End (sector) Size Code Name 1 32768 30864927 14.7 GiB 8300 Linux filesystem Why so? It is really necessary to create the mbr partition?
  25. kexec

H6 Famous Reboot problem

there are still some issues with hdmi but they should be fixed in near future for now if hdmi is a problem you can try RC kernel version. i have to warn that 5.1 kernel have bare minimum stuff compiled in to it and if you want something more fancy then you will face some problems.
  26. Magnets

H6 board low power consumption

On the PC2 I found the default governor (ondemand?) makes the freq spike too much, conservative prevents it from just hitting max freq every time you load it. I run conservative with an up_threshold of 50 (I think default is 25%) IIRC the parameter that allows it to consider IO as part of the load is not available on conservative so you lose a small amount of performance at the top end. If you're using USB wifi dongles it also doesn't want to increase freq in a hurry when running conservative.
  27. haajee

H6 Famous Reboot problem

I have tested with a 3.5" HDMI monitor and works correctly! When i connect my STB to the same HDMI port and cable on my TV is works also correctly...? Maybe could i look with the Agama software what i sometime use for work for IPTV stb if i see something different in resolution or HDCP or something.
  1. Load more activity