All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The new version of the images for RK3399 5.96_20190920. Added support for NanoPC T4. Added items for priority use of big cores.
  3. Today
  4. If you use a SIP Voip client on your phone or computer, you can use the sip protocol and scripting to monitor your Armbian board. I'm using Ubuntu Xenial, but other versions should work as well. I have the Linphone client on my phone and I use the free Linphone SIP service. Linphone.org hosts a free SIP service that allows users to make audio or video calls using SIP addresses via the domain sip.linphone.org. You can also send text messages. SIP requires an internet data connection, and my phone is connected via WIFI most of the time except when I'm commuting, so I set up my monitoring chron jobs on the Armbian device to run at times when I'm connected. Set up a SIP account for yourself if you don't yet have one, and set up an account for your device. You can set up free accounts at https://www.linphone.org/freesip/home The example accounts used in this tutorial are: sip:armdevice@linphone.org and sip:youraccount@linphone.org Replace these with your own accounts. I suggest that you get your Voip service running and tested on your phone and another device or PC before you try and set up SIP scripting on your Armbian device. Install the Linphone console client on your Armbian device (Orange Pi Zero Plus in my case). sudo apt-get install linphone-nogtk When it has installed start the client linphonec You may get a bunch of warnings about unconfigured sound cards and etc. Unless you want to use voice or video, you can ignore these. ........ eventually you will get a linphonec prompt Warning: video is disabled in linphonec, use -V or -C or -D to enable. linphonec> If you type help, you will get a list of commands: linphonec> help Commands are: --------------------------- help Print commands help. call Call a SIP uri or number calls Show all the current calls with their id and status. chat Chat with a SIP uri terminate Terminate a call answer Answer a call pause pause a call resume resume a call transfer Transfer a call to a specified destination. conference Create and manage an audio conference. mute Mute microphone and suspend voice transmission. camera Send camera output for current call. unmute Unmute microphone and resume voice transmission. playbackga Adjust playback gain. duration Print duration in seconds of the last call. autoanswer Show/set auto-answer mode proxy Manage proxies soundcard Manage soundcards webcam Manage webcams ipv6 Use IPV6 nat Set nat address stun Set stun server address firewall Set firewall policy call-logs Calls history friend Manage friends play play a wav file record record to a wav file quit Exit linphonec --------------------------- Now you need to configure your SIP proxy. "help proxy" gives you the relevant commands linphonec> help proxy 'proxy list' : list all proxy setups. 'proxy add' : add a new proxy setup. 'proxy remove <index>' : remove proxy setup with number index. 'proxy use <index>' : use proxy with number index as default proxy. 'proxy unuse' : don't use a default proxy. 'proxy show <index>' : show configuration and status of the proxy numbered by index. 'proxy show default' : show configuration and status of the default proxy. We must use "proxy add". It will start an interactive session. Note the format of the proxy sip address enclosed with < and > linphonec> proxy add Adding new proxy setup. Hit ^D to abort. Enter proxy sip address: <sip:sip.linphone.org;transport=tls> Your identity for this proxy: sip:armdevice@sip.linphone.org Do you want to register on this proxy (yes/no): yes Specify register expiration time in seconds (default is 600): Expiration: 0 seconds Specify route if needed: No route specified. -------------------------------------------- sip address: <sip:sip.linphone.org;transport=tls> route: identity: sip:armdevice@sip.linphone.org register: yes expires: 0 registered: no -------------------------------------------- Accept the above proxy configuration (yes/no) ?: yes Proxy added. linphonec> Password for armdevice on "sip.linphone.org": Y0uR-pa$$word linphonec> Unregistration on <sip:sip.linphone.org;transport=tls> done. That's it you are now configured. (not sure what "unregistration" means, perhaps it's a typo and should say registration) Send yourself a test text and quit out of linphonec. Once again "help" is useful: linphonec> linphonec> help chat chat <sip-url> "message"' : send a chat message "message" to the specified destination. linphonec> chat <sip:youraccount@sip.linphone.org> "Testing sip messaging" linphonec> terminate No active calls linphonec> quit Terminating... How can you easily send messages from a script? Create a wrapper script using expect (uses tls not bash) If you don't have expect installed then sudo apt-get install expect Create a wrapper expect script called "send-sip.sh" #!/usr/bin/expect -f # send-sip.sh "this is a message" set message [lindex $argv 0]; spawn linphonec expect "<sip:sip.linphone.org;transport=tls> done." send "chat <sip:youraccount@sip.linphone.org> \"$message\"\r" expect "linphonec>" sleep 10 send "terminate\r" expect "linphonec>" send "quit\r" expect "Terminating..." exit Set execute permission on the file. I placed mine in /usr/local/bin chmod +x /path/to/file # e.g. chmod 754 /usr/local/bin/send-sip.sh Now you can execute your wrapper from a script like this and it will send the message to your sip address. Change the path to the location of your wrapper script. /usr/local/bin/send-sip.sh "this is a sip message"
  5. Yes, i follow instructions.. Compilation loop "in script kconfig", just after kernel configuration menu. I will post log later in the day (i can't access to them now)
  6. Those instructions won't help when the necessary kernel modules are missing.
  7. Have you follow instructions? Can you provide logs (output/debug/compilation.log)?
  8. I got dev Debian Buster with Armbian Linux 5.3.0-sunxi64 package bsp-kernel[5.97.190919] u-boot[5.97] dtb[5.97.190919] firmware[5.97] config[5.97] on my OrangePi Zero Plus2 H5, but got only (via cpufreq-info) hardware limits: 480 MHz - 816 MHz available frequency steps: 480 MHz, 648 MHz, 816 MHz the .dtb/.dts also include 960, 1008, 1104, 1200, 196 and 1368 Mhz entrys for all CPUs / opp_table0 / operating-points-v2 : They doesnt seem to be deactivated- so does anyone got a clue why they arent available? [EDIT] activating cpu-clock-1.3GHz-1.3v and gpio-regulator-1.3v didnt help, because then my OPi Zero Plus H5 doenst boot anymore. Had to restore the eMMC from a bootable/configured SDCard. On other Orange Pi SBCs we could use also 960 and 1008 Mhz without a switch to other voltages with additional regulators. Isnt this SBC build good as other OPi SBCs? 480 - 648 MHz : opp-microvolt = < 0xfde80 0xfde80 0x13d620 >; 816 MHz : opp-microvolt = < 0x10c8e0 0x10c8e0 0x13d620 >; 960 - 1008 MHz : opp-microvolt = < 0x124f80 0x124f80 0x13d620 >; 1104 - 1200 Mhz : opp-microvolt = < 0x142440 0x142440 0x142440 >; 1296 Mhz : opp-microvolt = < 0x147260 0x147260 0x147260 >; 1368 MHz : opp-microvolt = < 0x155cc0 0x155cc0 0x155cc0 >; armbianmonitor -u System diagnosis information will now be uploaded to http://ix.io/1VYD
  9. I'd like to, and I started working on a script that would compile the latest versions of the software for a specific distro. Let's see if I can find some time to finish it.
  10. thats easy cpufreq-info will show the governor for every of your 4 CPUs: CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0 1 2 3 CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0 1 2 3 analyzing CPU 0: analyzing CPU 1: analyzing CPU 2: analyzing CPU 3:
  11. @Mangix have you check the wiki, https://wiki.kobol.io/cesa/ ? There are plenty of informations over there, for example the benchmark result and what kind of cipher can be hardware accelerated.
  12. Hi, If i try to compile oissing modules under armbian with module-assistant. Will it work ??
  13. >>Have you tried if it is actually working? actually I use this board for working with BLE devices. i use armbian: Linux orangepilite2 5.2.5-sunxi64 #5.92 SMP Fri Aug 2 07:51:38 CEST 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS \n \l also check user 'data' post at april 27 cd /lib/firmware/brcm cp brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt brcmfmac43455-sdio.xunlong,orangepi-lite2.txt also i compilted brcm_patchram_plus for change mac address. https://github.com/phelum/CT_Bluetooth/blob/master/brcm_patchram_plus.c gcc -o brcm_patchram_plus brcm_patchram_plus.c #/bin/sh echo 388 > /sys/class/gpio/export echo "out" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio388/direction echo 1 >/sys/class/gpio/gpio388/value sleep 1 /root/brcm_patchram_plus --bd_addr 11:22:33:44:55:66 /dev/ttyS1 sleep 1 hciattach /dev/ttyS1 any hciconfig hci1 up hciconfig hci1 exit 0 root@orangepilite2:~# ./hci.sh Device setup complete hci1: Type: Primary Bus: UART BD Address: 11:22:33:44:55:66 ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1 UP RUNNING RX bytes:668 acl:0 sco:0 events:34 errors:0 TX bytes:423 acl:0 sco:0 commands:34 errors:0 BLE actually working: root@orangepilite2:~# hcitool -i hci1 lescan LE Scan ... EB:98:F8:C0:XX:XX (unknown) EB:98:F8:C0:XX:XX Mi Band 3 EE:1A:6E:72:YY:YY (unknown) EE:1A:6E:72:YY:YY Mi Smart Band 4 root@orangepilite2:~# gatttool -t random -i hci1 -b EB:98:F8:C0:XX:XX -I [EB:98:F8:C0:XX:XX][LE]> connect Attempting to connect to EB:98:F8:C0:XX:XX Connection successful [EB:98:F8:C0:XX:XX][LE]> char-desc handle: 0x0001, uuid: 00002800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb handle: 0x0002, uuid: 00002803-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb handle: 0x0003, uuid: 00002a00-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb handle: 0x0004, uuid: 00002803-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb handle: 0x0005, uuid: 00002a01-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb .....
  14. Thanks for the quick response
  15. Is there any chance of an update for this kit? An additional kit for Buster would also be most welcome, if possible.
  16. Yesterday
  17. Bah kernel issue. lsmod says only af_alg is loaded. algif_hash and algif_skcipher are also needed. Actually I'm not sure about the former since hashes are a bad idea to hardware accelerate.
  18. Anyone able to get hardware acceleration working with OpenSSL? I installed cryptsetup and ran benchmark. I saw that the crypto engine was being used as it generated interrupts (/proc/interrupts) but not with OpenSSL. I recall cryptsetup giving me 80MB/s on some AES setting and 20MB/s when I did rmmod on marvell_cesa. I can't get it working with OpenSSL though.
  19. Hello, I managed to bump the rockchip-dev kernel to 5.3.y on my fork. After removing a couple of redundant patches and updating two or three of them I'm able to compile with no problems. The new kernel also boots fine on my rk3288. Don't know if anyone is already working on this (maybe @Igor or @TonyMac32), if my work can ease someone's else fatigue I can make a merge request from my repo to main armbian repo for code review (the single commit is here) documenting the steps I did.
  20. CPU temp: 62°C Usage of /: 61% of 7.1G Last login: Tue Sep 17 08:51:11 2019 from 192.168.178.20 root@orangepi3:~# cpufreq-info |grep governor available cpufreq governors: conservative, userspace, powersave, ondemand, performance, schedutil The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use available cpufreq governors: conservative, userspace, powersave, ondemand, performance, schedutil The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use available cpufreq governors: conservative, userspace, powersave, ondemand, performance, schedutil The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use available cpufreq governors: conservative, userspace, powersave, ondemand, performance, schedutil The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use not sure why the output was 4 times the same, but that is how it looked on my side.
  21. Thank you again. I will try to remove the cache and try again. But it seems to have worked as I just ran "./compile.sh" without removing the cache:
  22. Not possible to replicate. Remove cache and try again.
  23. @rawaaw Good job. Have you tried if it is actually working? I don't get any results from hcitool scan And there is an error in dmesg when the device is initialized as described by you above: [ 3068.025249] Bluetooth: hci1: command 0x1003 tx timeout But I have the feeling we are almost there, at least for the OPi Lite2 When I try specific parameters for hciattach, I get the following: root@orangepilite2:~# hciattach /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 921600 noflow - bcm43xx_init Patch not found, continue anyway Set Controller UART speed to 921600 bit/s Device setup complete root@orangepilite2:~# hciconfig hci1 up Can't init device hci1: Connection timed out (110)
  24. Thank you very much for responding. I am new to the build process. I just cloned the "build" repository from github, ran "compile.sh", and followed the menus popped up from there. My build environment is a Ubuntu 18.04.3 x86_64 VM with 12GB RAM. The log is attached. compilation.log
  25. w1 works Armbian_5.83_Bananapim3_Debian_stretch_next_4.19.38.img @nkahl onewire@0 { compatible = "w1-gpio"; gpios = <&pio 4 4 0>; /* PE4 */ status = "okay"; };
  26. Previously running a different Linux, I followed the instructions to update the boot loader so I could try Armbian on my Espressobin. The update completed ok, but could no longer read from the SD card. After several hours of frustration, I attempted to revert back to the original boot loader and found I could no longer tftp or update from USB. After several days of frustration, I am near the point of giving up. Here's what happens when I attempt to use the UART rescue found at the Espressobin web site: Marvell>> usb start starting USB... USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found scanning bus 1 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found Marvell>> bubt bootloader.bin spi usb Burning U-BOOT image "bootloader.bin" from "usb" to "spi" USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found scanning bus 1 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found Image checksum...OK! SF: unrecognized JEDEC id bytes: c2, 25, 36 Failed to probe SPI Flash exit not allowed from main input shell. Marvell>> I then tried various newer UART rescue images, which all seem to recognize the SPI flash chip but cannot update from USB (yes, I tried various working USB memory sticks...): Marvell>> usb start starting USB... USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found scanning bus 1 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found scanning usb for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found Marvell>> bubt bootloader.bin spi usb Burning U-BOOT image "bootloader.bin" from "usb" to "spi" USB0: Register 2000104 NbrPorts 2 Starting the controller USB XHCI 1.00 USB1: USB EHCI 1.00 scanning bus 0 for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found scanning bus 1 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found BUG: failure at drivers/usb/host/xhci-ring.c:489/abort_td()! BUG! resetting ... > I also tried updating via TFTP. All the UART rescue images I tried give the same result: tftp hangs, like this: Marvell>> setenv serverip 192.168.1.15 Marvell>> setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.12 Marvell>> ping $serverip Using neta@30000 device host 192.168.1.15 is alive Marvell>> bubt bootloader.bin spi tftp Burning U-BOOT image "bootloader.bin" from "tftp" to "spi" Using neta@30000 device TFTP from server 192.168.1.15; our IP address is 192.168.1.12 Filename 'bootloader.bin'. Load address: 0x80000000 Loading: # Has anyone else experienced this problem? I find it hard to believe the board is broken, since it was working fine prior to the first boot loader update.
  27. I'm always willing to make a video about any subject you guys choose. Give me the details of what you want to see/hear and I'll do my best with it. @Igor Are you at the next Fossdem in Brussels? If so we could try to meet for an interview. You do not need to prepare for that. Just repeat a sentence when it didn't come out right. I cut and paste everything so nobody notices mistakes. Otherwise I could make a question list(and you can add questions you want to answer). And you could film yourself with a smart-phone answering the questions. I can then use that video and cut/paste my questions in between. I'm also not a good presenter, so live questions over internet would come out badly. I always have to redo my intros many times for my videos until I feel it's acceptable. I always got more blooper footage than useable video
  1. Load more activity