All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. FrankM

RockPro64 & nightly 5_82

I am using this image https://dl.armbian.com/rockpro64/nightly/Armbian_5.82.190422_Rockpro64_Debian_stretch_dev_5.0.0.7z Board start only without wifi & pcie. But i got this error. https://pastebin.com/gq2DpXaF
  3. Today
  4. chaijate

Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 4.1x (>= ver 5.55)

Previously, I used it on s905 / s912 installed on the micro sd-card (kernel 3.14). Very happy. Following the news @balbes150 about tested S905X2, I bought the T95Q (S905X2) and downloaded 5.77_20190408 to write on the sd-card but boot failed. I think I must understand something wrong. Please introduce me. Thank you.
  5. gprovost

Helios4 Support

@djurny We not sure what it could be. BTW is it a system from batch1 or batch2 ? We are asking because if it's batch2 and as you said the fan still spin after system has hanged, then it means PWM it is running, so the system is not completely hang. In order to narrow down the issue, could you swap the PSUs between your 2 Helios4 systems, to see if it could be a faulty PSU ? In any case, if we can't figure out the root cause, then we will proceed to a replacement of the board. @seawolfssn Sounds like power budget issue, the overall peripherals current consumption exceed the max power budget of Helios4. I'm a bit lost at some point in your explanation, what combination you tried with which HDD and in which order. Maybe a table would help that also show the exact HDD brand + model you are testing. Please note there are 2 power rails for the SATA HDDs, the 5V and the 12V. While the 12V rail is directly coming from the AC/DC PSU, the 5V rail is generated by a buck converter (step-down converter). This buck converter has several protection (over current, over voltage, temperature, etc..) that will switch off the buck converter if something wrong and latch it in this state until a full power cycle. So if by plugging in and out devices you triggered the buck converter protection, plugging/swapping devices might not work because the buck is latching in off state... you need to do a full power cycle (unplug / plug PSU). The same things apply for USB devices, there is a dedicated 5V rails for the USB ports with the same kind of protection and behavior described above.
  6. LogicalUnit

Nextcloud slow to load

Here is the link to my result: http://ix.io/1GPC I'm wondering if Armbian has any kind of standby/sleep functionality that might slow it down when it has been idle.
  7. sfx2000

nvidia jetson nano

Just makes me think of a quote from Jaws (applicable to power)
  8. TonyMac32

nvidia jetson nano

@manuti I keep a fire extinguisher nearby whenever I review Nvidia hardware too!
  9. TonyMac32

nvidia jetson nano

I did as well, but a while ago and through Seeed, so we'll see if I ever get it, they're backordered apparently/
  10. chwe

Daily (tech related) news diet

well.. there are some 'nice words' in swiss-german I think there's not really a good translation for it.. but basically.. No way in hell that I would study applied mathematics.. But if he likes it.. go for it... I don't think that we have to many good mathematicians around.. you would laugh how often I see solitaire open on one of the open access machines for some analytical chemistry devices... Problem here.. there's no decent structure editor opensource.. and most software for using other devices is either windows or for a few cases unix (well they also compile you a linux version now.).
  11. dchanceafs

Zero Plus 2 H5 - g_ether

Works great in in ARMBIAN 5.34.171121 nightly Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 4.13.14-sunxi64 Fresh install of Armbian_5.75_Orangepizeroplus2-h5_Ubuntu_bionic_next_4.19.20 on new sd card. Simply logged in and changed password as required. Disabled g_serial in /etc/modules Then do modprobe g_ether and then dmesg, I get the following udc-core: couldn't find an available UDC - added [g_ether] to list of pending drivers Have never build a kernel...
  12. sfx2000

Little one is post-grad at UCSD - working on his masters and pre-work for his PHd program there... I keep warning him about getting too deep.. Applied Mathematics - I used to be able to help him with his homework in AP-Math back in High School, but these days, even as a 30 year veteran of the Wireless community, some of the stuff is way over my head. Makes me happy with my BSEE from University of Montana (USA)
  13. Yesterday
  14. sfx2000

Chromebook with Linux App Support - makes things really cool... Lenovo N22 Touch - this is the machine I take with me to China... Byobu makes things useful on the road in a terminal - along with my USB150 over Wireguard back to the office. On the desktop - it's BBedit for the most part - Windows is nice for vendor support apps and solitaire
  15. chwe

well I think the extra bucks for 16gb in my small notebook was worth it.. And normally projects I load aren't that heavy so that it works decent... But for most of the stuff I do, Notepad++ is sufficient.. Well since I don't do in tech but in science.. It's not really 'as inclusive' here.. Most people here in biology or chemistry do bachelors, masters followed by 4years PhD (and if you want to be in a 'big company' in research + 2 years post doc). Means roughly 10-12 years after high-school.. Being pregnant and you won't enter a lab anymore (it's also an insurance thing).. Assuming that you don't want to start your working (after university) career with getting pregnant in the first year.. don't plan to have kids before being ~33.. Or take a break in your PhD or postdoc.. and lab-work is often not really compatible with a normal work day (e.g. experiments/reaction which should be monitored but having a duration of 10-16hours.. including set-up such a reaction, you can easy spend 'a bit longer' in the lab..) Assuming we want to make it more inclusive. Do we organize a kindergarden which has 'enlarged opening hours' or stop such experiments at all.. Or is it no longer expected that 'besides your normal working day' you should spend some extra hours.. As a famous example: Is this really an issue or not? Actually it would be an interesting topic to discuss, but one wrong word and you got the jackpot of being a shitbag across the whole internet..
  16. But it works... wg is cool as CPU load is minimal, compared to the CPU intense OpenVPN - Enter MIPS24Kc, which would be comparable to ARM11 - Pre-ARM Cortex-A7... the other day, two clients attached, and CPU load was 3 percent, and that's with Stubby and WG active over a 4G mobile hotspot (USB-150 was WiFi to the phone as WAN, and routing from there to two WiFi clients) I suppose this is the difference between an Application focused SoC vs a Network focused platform. There's another thread where I chat a bit about MIPS - interesting arch there for networking stuff... Anyways - the openwrt repo's also support Tor, which may be of some interest to some...
  17. amirul

Seems that the entropy daemon haveged fails to start with recent kernels. I find that adding --data=16 to DAEMON_ARGS in /etc/defaults/haveged allows the daemon to start successfully.
  18. Seasalt

The delay before Login in babes s912 Armbian has only appeared in the last few weeks. Why was the source of en-trophy Ok before and now delayed?
  19. sfx2000

nvidia jetson nano

Pulled the trigger and ordered one... Arrow and Amazon were sold-out, so ordered direct from nVidia - should be here sometime next week... Hopefully have some time to play with it - busy up to my elbows with jobby-job stuff right now, and that needs to get done...
  20. Very interesting, too bad it's not ARM based.
  21. Something to consider... https://www.gl-inet.com/products/gl-usb150/ MIPS based - but full OpenWRT/Linux under the hood - wireguard client/server and OpenVPN client/server - plug into the PC/Mac/Linux and it is an ethernet device, but not needed, just give it power and it'll run... If one is bent toward WiFi hacking, the SoC WiFi is ATH9K based, which is one of the better WiFi chips for documentation purposes...
  22. sfx2000

Hehe - vim with tmux or screen - even better with byobu (which is a really cool text window manager written by one of the smart guys at Canonical, Dustin Kirkland - sadly he moved over to the Google Cloud team... http://byobu.co/ It's in the Ubuntu repo's - give it a try...
  23. sfx2000

BBEdit - been using it for years on Mac... even before OSX on Classic MacOS SlickEdit (formerly known as vslick) - extremely powerful editor for Windows Both of them are "not free" - but the money spent is worth every penny - and they integrate nicely into IDE's on those platforms... VSC is nice, and it's cross-platform - even in Ubuntu, there's a Snap for VSC - but VSCode has a long way to go... Played with Atom, it's cool - problem there is that it's a memory pig, as it's basically a WebApp wrapped inside an Electron shell..
  24. sfx2000

With Big Corp - if one is a white middle-aged male in the staff level engineering/professional ranks - there's a big target on one's back... Demographics be damned, one should be able to compete based on skills... but in today's climate of "diversity" and the desired to be "edge" driven in the latest/greatest systems/methods for engineering, business, etc - a lot of good experienced folks have been kicked to the curb in layoff's, reductions in force, and those folks are having a real hard time getting jobs because of bias...
  25. sfx2000

I've raised this before - the build system having to run as root (or Sudo) - one can run things inside a throw-away container/vm, but still... @Igor did respond - acknowledging the issue, but the current build scripts for Armbian need root access to move things around - I'm assuming this is still on the "To-Do" list...
  26. TonyMac32

Looks messy. I had seen some data suggesting east Asian candidates for education and career positions in the US were being discriminated against due to their 'over representation'. It's the standard-issue over-reaction of institutions to external stressors, in this case a logical fallacy that dictates a need for everyone to cross the finish line at the same time, instead of just giving everyone the same track to run on. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  27. hojnikb

Hardware Virtualization on H6, orange PI PC 3

You mean PI3 right? PC3 isnt released yet.
  28. sfx2000

Proof of concept - Realtek 1295

Take a pic of the board - both sides, and folks can tell you if there is a SPI-NOR (it's not a ROM, BTW)... FWIW - any time one is bringing up a board, this is useful info to have, along with a bootlog or dmesg on a fresh boot... The /cat/proc/mtd will show if there is SPI-NOR Someone with some spare time could script this I suppose... cat /proc/version cat /proc/cmdline cat /proc/cpuinfo cat /proc/meminfo cat /proc/devices cat /proc/mtd ls /sys/devices/platform ls /sys/class/net ifconfig -a See attached - this is NanoPi Neo2, the other is from a Qualcomm Atheros IPQ4018 board (interesting device with Wave2 WiFi) nanopineo2_boardinfo.txt ipq4018_boardinfo.txt
  1. Load more activity