All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Is there a newbie friendly way to do that? Or can you link me to a simple guide or a search term?
  3. If u-boot is present, these images can be run on any hardware where it is missing or corrupted, or there is a desire of the user to use the new version of u-boot-2019.
  4. Today
  5. My RockPro died yesterday ... I had my office window opened, a sudden windy storm started, some rain drops bumped onto my desk, the RockPro was to near of that area ...
  6. Gathered and checked the startup script of the system Armbian kernel 4.9. Everything works. Scripts on the site are marked according to the kernel used. Before using these scripts on existing systems, be sure to rename them correctly after writing to USB media. The file name must be boot.scr. In the new images Armbian 5.87 these scripts are already in both versions of the images and not to add in the is not necessary. When you start the system from an SD card or eMMC with a new u-boot , in the "boot.ini", you need to comment out or delete this line . if test "${display_autodetect}" = "true"; then hdmitx edid; fi
  7. OK, I will try it. Btw, what's the purpose of the u-boot writing step for other than libreelec/coreelec?
  8. Bluetooth is supported in my kernel. All you need is have firmware in /lib/firmware and then run: btmgmt public-addr 00:03:19:9e:8b:00 or some other address. After boot. How to get FW is described here: https://megous.com/git/linux/commit/?h=opi3-5.2&id=9c296799c4d3dd90986833cfded392098c1979bd (On orange pi 3 that is)
  9. For LibreELEC, this is possible.
  10. Hi, I got a Phicomm N1 TV Box, which is Amlogic S905D. I'm trying to build libreelec/coreelect for it. I saw there is a step in the build script to build and write the u-boot to the header of the output disk image. I don't understand the purpose of this step. In my understanding, u-boot is already in the NAND of the box. What's the purpose to write it into the disk image? Is this step needed for my device? Currently I can see these u-boot env variables with my device: start_autoscript=if usb start ; then run start_usb_autoscript; fi; if mmcinfo; then run start_mmc_autoscript; fi; run start_emmc_autoscript; start_emmc_autoscript=if fatload mmc 1 1020000 emmc_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; start_mmc_autoscript=if fatload mmc 0 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; start_usb_autoscript=if fatload usb 0 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; if fatload usb 1 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; if fatload usb 2 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; if fatload usb 3 1020000 s905_autoscript; then autoscr 1020000; fi; Is it OK if I skip the u-boot writing step and just put the s905_autoscript and other necessary files in the root of the disk image the burn to the sdcard? I just want it boot into the libreelec/coreelect on the sdcard.
  11. The result depends on the problem to be solved. In some tasks (terms of use) N2 is better and in others Khadas EDGE (RK3399) is better. To recommend something,you need to know the list of tasks and conditions of use. If you do not compile anything on the device, do not put extra packages, it can create unnecessary problems (if you do not understand their purpose). To update the kernel, you only need to install two packages "deb" "image"
  12. Update image ver 5.86 For the N2 image version, the ability to directly start the system from USB has been added. Details can be seen in this topic.
  13. I added to the site new images 5.87 for N2 with kernel 5.1 which already have the necessary scripts to start the activation of multi-boot (n2_autoscript) and start the system from USB (boot.scr). If activation is already done, then after burning the image to USB media, you do not need to add\change anything. When you connect to N2 in the USB stick, the system automatically starts up. By the way, I checked the fast USB 3.0 flash drive on N2 , the speed is higher than the SD card. And when using USB-SSD , much faster than eMMC. p.s. After comparing the operation of the system with eMMC and with a good USB-SSD, I concluded that eMMC is not needed for N2 at all.
  14. it's a good idea to use tegrastats utility(for logging) or top-looks jtop from Raffaello Bonghi - it's show CPU\GPU\total power consumption, frequency and load graph for GPU too(on second tab - press 2)
  15. I was just running "sudo dpkg -i *.deb" And the last message was "Compiling headers, please wait", and it never finished. On another box (Mini M8S) I installed the files one by one starting with the linux image and ending with headers if all worked well.
  16. I had an attempt and building mainline uboot, adding in the N2 support and building the ATF firmware to run uboot. I did not have uboot working (some issues not long after uboot is started, I think I missed reserving memory) but I did manage to work out how to format the amlogic firmware to start uboot. It was a bit more complex and messy than the C2 process but can be scripted easy enough I believe, we would need some compiled blobs from the hardkernel git still I think for the moment as in the C2. I will keep trying uboot as baylibre add support for the g12a there. Would be nice to have mainline running on the SPI as many more possible features for booting images.
  17. Try to press and hold the "CTRL+C" keys and only then turn on the power (do not release the keys until you get the output on the prompt screen from u-boot "#")
  18. According to the log , you added support for USB in u-boot, which is located on eMMC. If you disable the eMMC module, you will not be able to start from USB. To fully support the launch from USB without any other media, it is necessary to add the update to the u-boot SPI.
  19. I am checking on the latest version of the SPI image (20190417). After adding the launch from USB from u-boot SPI , the launch of all systems from both SD card and eMMC works perfectly in u-boot SPI. Thus, there is no need to add u-boot to SD card and EMMC, everything works with u-boot SPI.
  20. it is a different issue here, cubietruck becomes progressively unresponsive and after a couple of days the only way to interact is to power it off holding the physical button. I'll try to use older kernels...
  21. We are desperately waiting for the next release of u-boot / atf / A3700-utils by Marvell (enhanced DDR tuning for all EspressoBins is expected). Together with the pending patch performance may then increase by about 20 % and stability of V7 EspressoBins will hopefully be established too ...
  22. you could check the - also new - following thread for informations:
  23. Seems my espressoBin started randomly rebooting. sometimes it does it while sitting in a u boot prompt other times it will do it while bootting the os Any suggestions? anyone seen this before? Tried updateing uboot with no luck
  24. Not sure if it's the same issue but i can't also connect to cubietruck (after update to armbian 5.85) via ssh, webmin, apache, node-red. Though I can connect via ftp and wireguard works!! I am away now so logs will be available next Saturday.
  25. Yesterday
  26. While doing the kill, did you got the "got SIGTERM" ? If yes, you should add "gpio.output(REL, 0)" just after the print and before the "sys.exit(0)" ...
  1. Load more activity