All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Thanks for sharing. I don't want to hid my IP address, just be able to reach my machines at home when traveling, and have a more secure network for my daily tasks.
  3. guidol

Orange pi lite 3.5 inch display

check these threads: and
  4. Polararian

Ok do you khow how to install it on armbian?
  5. Igor

Docker-compose version error. odroid-xu4

I am wondering what has this to do with Armbian? Is there any dependency missing?
  6. Igor

NanoPi R1 and Duo2

I was too quick Thanks!
  7. Igor

Here is Armbian support, not Raspbian. https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-lite/ Check below - there is one Waveshare that is tested and works with Armbian out of the box.
  8. armbian-config -> system -> hardware and enable additional usb ports.
  9. Resurrecting old thread... I have an Orange Pi Zero Plus (which seems to be a simple 64-bit update to the Zero), and am trying to use the NAS board with it. Unfortunately, I am not seeing the USB->SATA bridge get probed. Are there any DTS changes needed to enable the board? Has anyone else experienced this issue?
  10. Hi, I bought brand new Waveshare 3.5 inch (A) RPI touch screen and also a opi lite but I have got problem with installing the lcd on my pi , when I plug it in it show me only white back light please help me ( my os is raspbian).
  11. guidol

NanoPi R1 and Duo2

please be aware in your Message-title between the "old" and well supported NanoPi Neo2 (LTS) (=nanopineo2) and the new NanoPi Duo2
  12. ArmBoy1988

M.2 NVMe SSDs for NanoPC-T4

Hopefully, I'll be trying a Samsung PM961 512GB soon. I had the possibility to get a Toshiba SSD and I'm choosing not to, at this point, thanks to this thread. It may work, though. I'm going to be trying it with the nightly Armbian Stretch with the 4.20.y kernel. Have others been using this one or the build based on the legacy 4.4.y kernel? I had tried the legacy build but had some issues so I thought I'd try to nightly build to see what happened and so far seems to be working fine.
  13. Igor

NanoPi R1 and Duo2

https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r1/ https://dl.armbian.com/nanopiduo2/ (no dl page yet) Added to DEV and NEXT. Working fine except Bluetooth as on many other AP6212 boards.
  14. Igor

toilet header logo for NanoPi

https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/21478fed593057961737e83e2e12f78c60cd9974
  15. @Igor could we please change in /etc/update-motd.d/10-armbian-header from if [ $(echo $BOARD_NAME | wc -c) -ge 17 ]; then TERM=linux toilet -f standard -F metal $(echo $BOARD_NAME | sed 's/Orange Pi/OPi/' | sed 's/Nanopi/NPi/') else TERM=linux toilet -f standard -F metal $BOARD_NAME fi to if [ $(echo $BOARD_NAME | wc -c) -ge 17 ]; then TERM=linux toilet -f standard -F metal $(echo $BOARD_NAME | sed 's/Orange Pi/OPi/' | sed 's/NanoPi/NPi/') else TERM=linux toilet -f standard -F metal $BOARD_NAME fi this mean from Nanopi to NanoPi for the sed-command, because for the NanoPi Neo Core2 the toilet logo will put the 2 of Core2 in the next line. With NPi Neo Core2 it would be OK I think there was never a Nanopi?
  16. TonyMac32

Daily (tech related) news diet

...yes? Well worth it. Export the step file and give it to the designer to design it into either an end product, case, etc. No guesswork. Hmm, I'm not usually opposed to M$ tools, but I'm not sure I understand the need to add it to my life. Might check it out anyway.
  17. ilchenko Evgeny

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

Thx!!!)
  18. Hey guys so i'm trying to setup docker-compose with version 3.7, the problem is it seems it doesnt like version 3 at all! docker compose file: i have the ports set up, here appears as XXXX but i have 9000:9000 on the compose file i installed docker with the armbian-config and installed docker compose with " sudo apt install docker-compose" error: docker-compose up -d ERROR: Version in "./docker-compose.yml" is unsupported. You might be seeing this error because you're using the wrong Compose file version. Either specify a version of "2" (or "2.0") and place your service definitions under the `services` key, or omit the `version` key and place your service definitions at the root of the file to use version 1. For more on the Compose file format versions, see https://docs.docker.com/compose/compose-file/ let me know if you need any more info, sorry if i missed something. thanks for the help
  19. guidol

Orange pi pc2 reboot by him self

jessie (v8) and stretch (v9) are debian versions ==> see https://www.electrictoolbox.com/debian-release-names/ and then there are versions of ubuntu xenial (v16) and bionic (v18) ==> see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases for debian stretch is the actual stable realease, because jessie is old/unsupported and buster (v10) isnt ready by now. ubuntu is a "fork" or based on debian and has often newer drivers but some software like OpenMediaVault (NAS) wouldnt work. debian is more stable because the drivers are a little bit older and better tested (as I know). You should use default branch which should be stretch or bionic(?) Maybe you should first try to NOT use the parameters and use the menu-driven way? If you enter ./compile.sh EXPERT="yes" then you will be asked - only u-boot/kernel or full linux image - Do not change kernel configuration / Show kernel configuration menue before compilation - for which SBC (orange pi PC2) - kernel ((legacy), next=mainline, dev=Development version) - linux flavour (jessie, stretch, buster, xenial, bionic) - Server-headless or Desktop then the compile will start.... At the end of the compile you will get the parameters displayed if you want in future to repeat such comple. Here are the parameters shown from ym last compile: [ o.k. ] Repeat Build Options [ BOARD=nanopineocore2 BRANCH=dev RELEASE=buster BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_ONLY=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no ]
  20. chwe

Proof of concept - Realtek 1295

maybe the one soldered on the BPi W2? It's a winbond 25q128jvsq from the few pictures I found online there seems to be a reference design part (likely some sort of pmic related stuff) where it should be possible.
  21. I am not a professional in this subject but I can share with you my experience. Usually if I need to make some operations through the network or if I have to hid me real IP address I am using VeePN service as the VPN client as far as I understood. The main point is to keep an eye on internet connection speed that hasn't be decreased.
  22. windysea

A64 date/time clock issue

I should probably put in an update. . . . After running stable for over a week I tried to disable a tickless kernel (standard modern default) to reduce jitter: user@pine64:~$ egrep nohz /boot/armbianEnv.txt extraargs=nohz=off user@pine64:~$ cat /proc/cmdline root=UUID=c80325d7-1d25-4151-85c3-47343b473fae rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 panic=10 consoleblank=0 loglevel=7 ubootpart=0f940383-01 usb-storage.quirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u nohz=off cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1 Sadly this once again brought about instability. With a non-tickless kernel I start to see rcu_sched self-detected stalls such as I noted in DEV (5.0.y) on PineA64+ seeing occasional CPU stalls. At some point the system clock will jump by 95 years and a reboot ends up being required, potentially forcibly (bad things start to happen) Interestingly, with a non-tickless kernel Andy's test_timer shows considerably different results, confirming there is indeed still a problem despite the workaround being present and active: Unfortunately I likely won't have any time to look at this until after the weekend. I'm still working towards getting the Pine64 back as a stable stratum-1 NTP server with a GPS-based reference clock. With Kernel PPS (requires non-tickless kernel) and proper offset adjustments this was working very well on 4.14.y (and earlier). Oh - and to add to how the RTC got brought into this discussion, though it is not really related: The kernel has a capability to keep the RTC in sync with its system time, primarily for use with NTP or other external service that will discipline the system time. When the symptom of the issue here manifests with the date jumping by a multiple of 95 years, the system time is no longer within the valid range for the RTC so any further attempts to synchronize the RTC from the system time result in failure: [28410.996865] sun6i-rtc 1f00000.rtc: rtc only supports year in range 1970 - 2033 The above message will only appear in the live kernel message buffer (aka 'dmesg') and on the system console, so it can be easily missed. Failures in setting the RTC (aka "hwclock") are only another indirect symptom of the issue and would be expected.
  23. Igor

Nextcloud slow to load

OK, but we have to know what is doing when its idle. Perhaps you are using swap file and software you are trying to use gets swapped out? Logs, logs, logs. Otherwise we are bling: armbianmonitor -u
  24. Just for completeness and closure PR #1329 implemented this for 'sunxi' and 'sunxi64' in both NEXT and DEV. Other platforms already have this feature configured. There should be no longer be any need for additional automated or otherwise scripted enhancements to do a separate 'hwclock -s' after boot as the kernel will do this itself very early, where it should be done when possible.
  25. Evgeny  Dmitrichenko

Orange pi pc2 reboot by him self

Thank you. Could you answer for one more question, please BRANCH (stretch|jessie|bionic|xenial) and RELEASE (default|next|dev) params is not clear for me... Could you please tell what is difference - what is stretch, jessie, bionic ... Now I use this code to build my custom image: ./compile.sh KERNEL_CONFIGURE="no" KERNEL_ONLY="no" BOARD="orangepipc2" BRANCH="next" RELEASE="xenial" BUILD_DESKTOP="yes" If I understand write - for production I must use stable version, which can be build with this params: BRANCH="default" and RELEASE="stratch" Is it write?
  1. Load more activity