All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ok, the old one has been delete, everything works fine: root@nanopineo:/# cd boot root@nanopineo:/boot# ls armbianEnv.txt dtb-4.19.38-sunxi armbianEnv.txte initrd.img-4.19.38-sunxi armbian_first_run.txt.template overlay-user bin script.bin bin.old System.map-3.4.113-sun8i boot.bmp System.map-4.19.38-sunxi boot.cmd uInitrd boot-desktop.png uInitrd-4.19.38-sunxi boot.scr vmlinuz-3.4.113-sun8i config-3.4.113-sun8i vmlinuz-4.19.38-sunxi config-4.19.38-sunxi zImage dtb root@nanopineo:/boot# apt-get remove linux-image-3.4.113-sun8i Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Note, selecting 'linux-image-sun8i' instead of 'linux-image-3.4.113-sun8i' 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded. root@nanopineo:/boot# apt-get remove linux-image-sun8i Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following packages will be REMOVED: linux-image-sun8i 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 2 not upgraded. After this operation, 48.6 MB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y (Reading database ... 66591 files and directories currently installed.) Removing linux-image-sun8i (5.85) ... update-initramfs: Deleting /boot/initrd.img-3.4.113-sun8i root@nanopineo:/boot# I noticed that the idle temperature has increased from around 39°C to 47°C from the old kernel/version to the new one. Could the heartbeat feature (blue led flashing) be causing that (this wasn't present in the last version)?
  3. Thanks @guidol, i solved this issue. Apparently for some unknown reason the sdcard bood image was corrupted. I reflashed it with the latest armbian and the boot log now is as expected. Cheers
  4. Today
  5. Is it when starting from SD card or when recording to eMMC ? I downloaded the scripts to activate the system startup from USB. The order of use (so far it is checked only with kernel 5). 1. Burn image to USB. 2. Download the files and add to the image. 3. Switch to start u-boot with SPI. 4. In the UART console, stop startup. (CTRL+C) 5. Execute the command. usb start fatload usb 0 3000000 n2_autoscript autoscr 3000000 At the end of the script, the system should shut down. Include, if correct, should begin loading and operation of the system with the USB. https://yadi.sk/d/WrgbX_4ZSlnOXg
  6. No, I didn't try to change anything yet ... Here is the ENV : The strange thing is that, althouth "loglevel=7" been added to /boot/boot.ini, here is the early boot output saying : [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 EDIT: Another weird thing : I've decided to use the workaround by adding chosen/bootargs node to the DT, as we are doing on other boards, recompile the DTB, and reboot ... Strangely, the "loglevel" is been discarded there too, and doing "cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/bootargs" revealed that it is discarded there too : cat /proc/device-tree/chosen/bootargs root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 EDIT2: Ok ! I found my stupid error : I was leaving the eMMC plugged, and although booting from SDCard, U-Boot was taking the boot.ini as well as DTB from eMMC, which they were still at original states !
  7. I will check later on. Now busy with life. I added support for booting without having FAT partition so this is not the case. Legacy kernel boots fine.
  8. Show "printenv". Have you changed anything in ENV ? What's in the launch logs ? Perhaps not all items are correctly added (changed). I use necessarily two partitions for external media. This ensures that users can easily change the settings on any PC (including Windows), when using one ext4 - there will be problems with changing the settings (edit boot.ini, etc.)
  9. Although I didn't try it out, you will need some signal handler where you can turn off GPIO before "kill" been completed. Here is some example : https://nattster.wordpress.com/2013/06/05/catch-kill-signal-in-python/
  10. Igor

RK3399 Orange Pi

He probably meant why this (mSATA) drive is not working on mPCI ... while the connector is compatible.
  11. https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/ffffbb9cd07723da2e7bdc368a1431648584a2be Mainline also didn't work for me, but I only gave it one try. Ran out of time ...
  12. ok I corrected and added the lines to make the script a daemon, I noticed however that if I kill the script (kill 1234) or if I block the OPI0 the relays card remains in the last state in which it is, how could you do to reset it to off?
  13. Here it is : ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG setenv dtb_name "/dtb/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb" setenv bootargs "root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 loglevel=7 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0" # Set load addresses setenv dtb_loadaddr "0x1000000" setenv k_addr "0x1100000" setenv loadaddr "0x1B00000" setenv initrd_loadaddr "0x3700000" # Load kernel, dtb fatload mmc ${devno}:1 ${k_addr} zImage fatload mmc ${devno}:1 ${initrd_loadaddr} uInitrd fatload mmc ${devno}:1 ${dtb_loadaddr} ${dtb_name} fdt addr ${dtb_loadaddr} # boot booti ${k_addr} ${initrd_loadaddr} ${dtb_loadaddr} and here is what /proc/cmdline is showing me : root=LABEL=ROOTFS rootflags=data=writeback rw console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 Maybe I should stop U-Boot and try "printenv" ? Maybe it is because it was previously saved and the modified /boot/boot.ini is ignored ?
  14. Checked at myself "loglevel=7" , the option works on both kernels. The image with the 5.1 kernel is written to a slow SD card, when set the level 7 , waited more than 20 minutes to start the system, but did not wait for the prompt to enter the login. In mode 5, "cat /proc/cmdline" shows the correct value in the arguments specified by "loglevel=5". You in what place to register this option ? Show the contents of "boot.ini"
  15. Anyone has tried kernel 5.2rc1? I think Cedrus driver support should be available by now. Even in 5.1.y kernel the VPU part was working, as sunxi said. Anyway, Has anybody tried desktop build? If I want to, is there a repository or something else I can download the image from instead of building it myself?
  16. This sleep(1) isn't indented properly, so not part of the while loop ...
  17. Of course, it will be appreciated ! This you figured out about the "loglevel" ?
  18. This cable is really for SATA, not MSATA, they don't even have the same size ...
  19. This is not the way Armbian implemented overlays. They are activated using parameters in /boot/armbianEnv.txt Take a look at https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Allwinner_overlays/ But beware that current overlays for Rockchip are not as complete as for AllWinner SoC...
  20. Okay Martin I solved was just a tabulation problem as I could tell from your example. Now the rudimentary thermostat works, I would like to make sure that it remains in operation as a daemon, insert different temperatures at different times of the day, and finally make a decent GUI. But the road is uphill....
  21. That is what I said earlier, indentation is critical ... Did you take back my version ? It doesn't seems to, because the "if" in my version is located at line 29 ...
  22. @balbes150 How does the Odroid-N2 running 5.86_20190519 perform compared to RK3399?
  23. OK, just an information for others, how I solved this: 1. Install Armbian (on OrangePi Zero H2+) 2. Install Python: sudo apt install python python-pip python-setuptools python-dev 3. Install pyA20: sudo pip install pyA20 4. Install GPIO: git clone https://github.com/nvl1109/orangepi_zero_gpio cd orangepi_zero_gpio/ sudo python setup.py install cd .. 5. Create new Python app: nano reed.py With the content: #!/usr/bin/env python import os import sys if not os.getegid() == 0: sys.exit('Script must be run as root') from time import sleep from pyA20.gpio import gpio from pyA20.gpio import port button = port.PA10 gpio.init() gpio.setcfg(button, gpio.INPUT) """Enable pullup resistor""" gpio.pullup(button, gpio.PULLUP) #gpio.pullup(button, gpio.PULLDOWN) # Optionally you can use pull-down resistor try: print ("Press CTRL+C to exit") while True: state = gpio.input(button) # Read button state if (state == 1): print ("The door is OPENED.") else: print ("The door is CLOSED.") sleep(0.5) except KeyboardInterrupt: print ("Goodbye.") 6. Connect reed switch: - one wire to GND - the other wire to GPIO 26 (PA10) 7. Run the app: sudo python reed.py The output: The door is OPENED. The door is OPENED. The door is OPENED. The door is OPENED. The door is OPENED. The door is CLOSED. The door is CLOSED. The door is CLOSED. The door is CLOSED. The door is OPENED. The door is OPENED. Now... the web app. But this is another story.
  24. The build script is designed to work on Ubuntu 18.04 amd64. You can find more information here: https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/
  25. As I will be using an SSD, I found this connector that will only give 5V. And I still have to try that, I really have to figure out this Msata/pcie/m2 thingie...
  26. Good news. I found an easy way to run Armbian and Libreelec system completely from USB to N2 (without using SD card or eMMC module). For those who want to get this opportunity without waiting for the release of the SPI u-boot update , I can write a simple instruction how to do it through the UART console (it is very simple and takes only 2-3 minutes).
  27. [ error ] ERROR in function prepare_host [ general.sh:516 ] [ error ] Running this tool on non x86-x64 build host in not supported .... so I need to use an x86-x64 tu build an arm kernel? Why? the arm platform is not reliable enough to compile a kernel?
  1. Load more activity