All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Can I ask if there is a build for 2gb ram? I'm using Vontar 618 with board vs Transpeed 8k 2gb version so it almost just hangs on the armbian logo. I have tried all versions of armdev build but they don't work
  3. royk

Bananapi M7

If I win I would like to use it for my cnc machine (LinuxCNC) with the rt-kernel on Armbian. At this moment I'm using the Orange Pi 5 for it with a USB WiFi dongle. This board would be more convenient with the second Ethernet port because one port is in use for a connection with the FPGA board. The built-in WiFi is usable for making a hotspot. This model seems like a better choice for the environment because it can be placed in a robust itx case.
  4. This RK3588 board would be a perfect addition to my homelab where I self-host various services and projects.
  5. Directly no as it doesn't have any software that would allow this. This way (via SD or eMMC): https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-install-to-emmc-sata-nvme-usb
  6. @royk thanks for the build, still i didn't test it but i performed some new tests, using the dist from Joshua Riek as Ubuntu is ready, with GPU, and the Kernel is already patched And same problem with Nexus, but i was able to build Omega and is working fine if in System -> Video i select my TV on not the default option (dunno why), after that i can change the resolution to 1080p and everything is working fine, HDR10, x265, x264, 4k.. all good although when i start a video the change of resolution is a bit slow and in the Kodi logs i can see an issue with the EDID: 2024-04-22 10:53:53.119 T:2038 error <general>: [display-info] Error parsing EDID: 2024-04-22 10:53:53.119 T:2038 error <general>: [display-info] ---------------------------------------------- 2024-04-22 10:53:53.119 T:2038 error <general>: [display-info] Block 1, CTA-861 Extension Block: 2024-04-22 10:53:53.119 T:2038 error <general>: [display-info] Colorimetry Data Block: Reserved bits MD0-MD3 must be 0. 2024-04-22 10:53:53.119 T:2038 error <general>: [display-info] 2024-04-22 10:53:53.119 T:2038 error <general>: [display-info] ---------------------------------------------- after these messages in can see in the Kodi log that is able to load all the resolutions profiles Don't know if there is a fix for the EDID After installing Omega it create automatically the GBM profile, using that Kodi works, meanwhile if I'm using yours with the FFMPEG_RKMPP_DEC_OPT="afbc=on" option the video is not showing and Kodi crash cat /usr/local/share/wayland-sessions/kodi-gbm.desktop [Desktop Entry] Name=Kodi on GBM Comment=This session will start Kodi media center Exec=kodi-standalone --windowing=gbm TryExec=kodi-standalone Type=Application Keywords=audio;video;media;center;tv;movies;series;songs;remote; Icon=kodi Also, there was an issue with the python IMP module not found that caused some crashes, and addon probs. finally resolved installing python3-zombie-imp
  7. hy guys is it possible to boot the odroid c2 from usb? so i can connect a ssd (M.2 SATA) via usb connector and use this. thank you
  8. Type: Giveaway

Giveaway will expire in 1 month and 7 days

• 1 Prize
    • 16 Participants

SinoVoip, one of Armbian’s Platinum Partners, has teamed up with Armbian to give away their Bananapi M7! Get your free raffle ticket today and enter to win! Specifications: (according to board manufacturer) PI-co ITX form factor(2.5 inch, 92 x 62mm) RK3588 powered, 8nm manufacturing process Quad A76 2.4Ghz + Quad A55 1.8Ghz Mali G610MC4 GPU(up to 5 channel 4K UI) 6T NPU 8K 10bit decoder, 8K encoder Support WiFi 6 and BT5.2 Support PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe SSD Triple display support(with HDR) One HDMI 2.1 up to 8K@60FPS One USB C with DP up to 8K@30FPS One MIPI DSI up to 4K@60fps Two 2.5G Ethernet 2x USB 3.0 interface 2x MIPI CSI camera interface Offer 8GB/16GB/32GB(LPDDR4x) ram options and 64/128 eMMC options While you are here, feel free to comment below on what you would do with the board if you win! Armbian is always looking for new volunteers for many positions. If you have time to volunteer, consider applying for one of the open positions! To enter, you need to sign-up to the Armbian Forum and wait one day (24 hours) to pass the bot check, and then you can enter the contest! *Prizes will be fulfilled and sent directly by SinoVoip once a winner is chosen and their address is received. Be sure you can receive parcels from China. Armbian and SinoVoip will not be responsible for any customs duties or additional fees associated with the delivery or import of the prize.
  9. Hello. Here are in this thread I post Armbian 24.5.0 Bookworm images that should be compatible with Vontar KK MAX. Also added remarks about dualboot for ex. if we want to make untouched Android and at the same time boot only from SD-Card. Also added recommendations for installation on eMMC.
  10. What UART parameters have you set, especially flow control?
  11. I'm facing the same situation with a unstable system after trying to update. Having spent a lot of time into troubleshooting and expecting that community support for this device at least will not get better I am also looking for an alternative. Looking for an alternative board is also not that easy because the size (nano-ITX) is not widely spread. Furthermore one requirement for me would be very common hardware/architecture to not depend on special linux distribution, so getting a good mainline support. These days was the release of a new Odroid x86 board "H4" which comes with 4 Sata-Ports. The board physically seems to fit into the Helios64-case but maybe requires some adaption to different hole-positions. Did anybody else already considered that as an option ?
  12. Hello, I crash this night (between 3hours uptime and 6hours uptime, i was sleeping) with 6.6.16 and without voltage correction. (red led flashing) (I crash with version "TRANSITION_DELAY 5000" that i copy/paste upper) Do you know which kernel was running when your box crashed? -> 6.6.28 but maybe with your TRANSITION_DELAY 0 version because i copy/paste from forum and then until now i use github version copy/paste upper I install 6.6.28 without voltage correction and look result List of packages i installed: base-files_24.5.0-trunk-12.4+deb12u5-bookworm_arm64__1-bookworm-1armbian1-Ba4f9-U12.4--deb12u5-R55fa.deb armbian-config_24.5.0-trunk_all__1-SA8477-B0293-R448a.deb linux-dtb-current-rockchip64_24.5.0-trunk_arm64__6.6.28-Sba15-D440d-P9dc2-Ca832H66b1-HK01ba-Vc222-Bf15a-R448a.deb armbian-plymouth-theme_24.5.0-trunk_all__1-Bfcdb-R448a.deb linux-image-current-rockchip64_24.5.0-trunk_arm64__6.6.28-Sba15-D440d-P9dc2-Ca832H66b1-HK01ba-Vc222-Bf15a-R448a.deb armbian-zsh_24.5.0-trunk_all__1-SAbfee-Baafd-R448a.deb linux-u-boot-helios64-current_24.5.0-trunk_arm64__2022.07-Se092-Pe990-H8c72-V65aa-Bf5f6-R448a.deb root@helios64:~/tmp# uname -a Linux helios64 6.6.28-current-rockchip64 #3 SMP PREEMPT Wed Apr 17 09:19:38 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux root@helios64:~/tmp# for i in $(seq 1 100); do ./cpufreq-switching-2-b ; done If not crash, i try TRANSITION_DELAY 0 version if not crash TRANSITION_DELAY 0 version, i stay with this setting If crash i try voltage correction Keep in touch
  13. Debian Buster is end of life. There haven't been any armbian updates for a long time. You can ignore the error as there are no updates to get. You really need to upgrade to a supported Debian release.
  14. I am having this problem with apt-get update, please if someone could help me, maybe we have to change the repositories
  15. Yesterday
  16. I wonder if upping the voltage was the correct fix (and if it would always work). From other rk3399 board schematics and TCS4525 datasheet ... it seems Kobol team designed the board for the TCS4525 regulator used before CPU BIG in a lot of designs and replaced the TCS4525 with the SYR837 later on (without taking into account the different recommendations for the SYR837 ... ie VIN with a 22uF instead of 10uF for the TCS4525). All the components around the SYR837 on the helios64 datasheet match the reference design for the TCS4525 (from Torch Chip, datasheet behind Chinese paywalls). I don't know if replacing the VIN capacitor would be enough to get stable big CPUs...
  17. Using overlays on the PI whilst on Armbian should be no different than doing so on RaspiOS. https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/config_txt.html#overlay_prefix If you don't know how to use them I suggest you use google or check the foundation docs.
  18. I could not get simple SPI device to work even on the Orange Pi Debian image. (So am not sure there is any SPI capable system for it yet). I got normal GPIO operations to work and I2C though but no SPI.
  19. I also am trying to change RasPi device tree, see my post: What I've discovered thus far: Overlays are not enabled for RasPi, if you try to do an "armbian-add-overlay" you get an error. Only way I know at this point for kernel mods that works is to change "/boot/firmware/config.txt" and "/boot/firmware/armbian.txt" . But what you can do there is very limited. If your running a "jammy" version of the build, then you get the RasPi utilities like "raspi-config" and "dtoverlay" that might help. Also as an aside the overlays are @ "/boot/firmware/overlays" , and "/boot/dtb/overlays". Root device tree @ "/boot/dtb/broadcom/", but I have not gotten any to load as of yet.
  20. this should take time, how long did it take to complete? Could you paste the last 10 lines of output from the command (or even a single run)? And maybe run the test with "time for i in $(seq 1 100); do ./cpufreq-switching-2-b ; done" to get the time it took at the end (but if it took ages it ran fine, it is not required to run the 100 iterations anew). It might be that the test runs fine on your hardware. That would be interesting. But as I said as it crashed once I doubted it. One option is that in one one the first attempt you tried: and on the second you tried https://gist.github.com/prahal/8fab73325eb0d7091ad7c4627bf8e25a which has a delay between cpub frequency transition of 5 milliseconds while the first has no delay at this point. (again sorry I did not notice the gist github one had this 5msec delay I added to test if a delay would help. To check you can replace: "#define TRANSITION_DELAY 5000" by "#define TRANSITION_DELAY 0" and check if it crashes. Then it will point to an issue with the delay between switching operating points for the big CPU. Do you know which kernel was running when your box crashed? Also, do you know which u-boot you have? (requires serial console output) Mind you don't need to paste cpufrequtils data because the test case bypasses the cpufrequtils settings and manages the chosen frequencies and how to switch them on its own. Note: if you want to quote a text from this forum, select it with your mouse, a popover box will appear above the selection "Quote selection", click on it. You can quote more than one selection to the same post.
  21. SPI tft can be quite an adventure (possibly difficult) to get going, but you can take a look at this project for some hints. https://github.com/notro/fbtft it would also take figuring out how to work SPI on Armbian and Zero 3 not tried that yet.
  22. @Ikesankom hello, no I didn't test it yet. Actually, I have been busy with other issues and totally forgot to test for the upgrade path. If you have a bit of patience I may give it a shot in the next few days, probably tomorrow.
  23. I'm using Gnome build with the new .dts Today I start a new PR to publish all changes (merged 1h ago) oficial images will be updated on next build (24.5.0-trunk.434)
  24. Hello! I have a SPI touchscreen http://www.lcdwiki.com/3.5inch_RPi_Display How I can made work that screen with orange pi zero 3?
  25. As part of our commitment to social responsibility, we've been part of the 1% for the Planet Network since 2022. The environmental partners we support help to better the planet. View the full article
  26. Hello. Were you able to find a solution to the error?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines