Allwinner A31 tablet PC

0ldman

Hello.
Sorry, I am Russian and have no money for a strong computer. I have only a tablet PC, but I really want to learn Linux (and at the same time try it).
So I am trying to install Armbian build on my tablet (Texet TM-9751HD). The most suitable build (mainline Kernel 4.19) is "Bananapi M2" (but it was loaded only with the "yones-toptech-bs1078-v2.dtb", so I was able to get a prompt # - suggestion to log in, where I must input login/password).
The problem is that the tablet has only one micro-usb port, which works as charging and OTG. The keyboard works fine under Android, but doesn't respond at the prompt.
Also, I tried the old Kernel(3.4) and the original Script.bin, tried to edit lghtdm.conf for autologin (but it didn't work), tried to added g_hid.ko into "modules" file...

I don't have the opportunity to build u-boot.bin and right DTB-file. I read somewhere here that the usb-OTG doesn't work < 4.4 kernel ...

How to turn on the keyboard? Or any chance to get work display and touchscreen to be able to use the screen keybord?

Edited by 0ldman
some grammatical mistakes, not all ))

2 hours ago, 0ldman said:

Sorry, I am Russian and have no money for a strong computer. I have only a tablet PC, but I really want to learn Linux (and at the same time try it).

For what purpose do you want to use Linux (what tasks do you plan to solve on this hardware) ? PS You can write to me in PM in Russian.

3 hours ago, 0ldman said:

The keyboard works fine under Android, but doesn't respond at the prompt.

Why not start to learn linux with the Android-App named Termux:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux&amp;hl=en_US

Termux combines powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection.

• Enjoy the bash and zsh shells.
• Edit files with nano and vim.
• Access servers over ssh.
• Develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
• Use the python console as a pocket calculator.
• Check out projects with git and subversion.
• Run text-based games with frotz.

At first start a small base system is downloaded - desired packages can then be installed using the apt package manager. Access the built-in help by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option to learn more.

Want to read the wiki?
https://wiki.termux.com

Termux_Terminal.jpg