Espressobin Power Supply for multiple drives

lanefu

I did a LOT of study on these modular power supplies. Some are junk, most are actually, but if you know what you're dealing with it can work out well for you.

I found my way to a Mean Well RD65A On Amazon that meets its specifications. I used a couple of electronic loads to test the voltage and current ratings and it held them for hours several times without excessive heating. I had other similar units from other manufacturers that failed miserably. Voltage dropped before coming close to their current ratings.

For the price this is a decent supply. If you look at it with an O'scope under load it's a little messy but not terrible. There is a little RF emission but shielding and bypassing should solve any problems that might cause unless you're using it for weak signal communication devices.

I'm using mine with a ClearfogPro and a 4 bay hotswappable 2.5 inch SSD array since Christmas.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:04 PM, Technicavolous said:

I did a LOT of study on these modular power supplies. Some are junk, most are actually, but if you know what you're dealing with it can work out well for you.

I found my way to a Mean Well RD65A On Amazon that meets its specifications. I used a couple of electronic loads to test the voltage and current ratings and it held them for hours several times without excessive heating. I had other similar units from other manufacturers that failed miserably. Voltage dropped before coming close to their current ratings.

So somehow I failed and missed your post until now... but ironically I did end up going with an RD65A!  Thanks for the validation.

Now I need to assemble my 3d printer so that I can print a terminal block cover for it