International handling charges

Stuart Naylor

Is everybody being hit with custom & handling charges via royal mail?

Added a total of £11.72 to my OrangePi H3 plus2 £3.72 customs and £8.00 handling charge.
Its no bother as just curiosity with Smaller format boards but just wondering is this a Brexit shape of things to come?

Not royal mail, but the last time I did only order a $12.99 silver NAS-case for the NanoPi Neo2 + $10 postage I had to pay

68 TL (around 12 EUR) for the customs/handling here in turkey :( that are 52% on top :(

In the EU

6 hours ago, Stuart Naylor said:

is this a Brexit shape of things to come?

No, it's an EU thing

Edit: didn't finish - but there are variations depending on each country. Here in Spain, over 22€ you have to pay VAT + handling charges (IIRC 20 or so €), over 150€ you have to pay VAT + customs duties + handling charges. Less that 22€ you pay nothing (in theory).

But many parcels pass through customs with no charges (they cannot control everything).

7 hours ago, Stuart Naylor said:

is this a Brexit shape of things to come?

No, China is from international to Europe.

When you order in China, ask them to mark it with a value like USD 11.- (this way ur are close to the truth).  Customs will look at:  postage + value == pay VAT or not.

Must of just gone over as £24.36 or unlucky as my BananaPoo M2 zero escaped the net.
It just came from this "Border Force" HWDC thing I had never heard of before as just thought it was HMRC.

PS I am not English, honest, just a European with a penchant for English football :)