Armbian Stretch setup with Open Media Vault and Pi-Hole gets an automatic IP address even with static IP set

JORGETECH

I have setup an Orange Pi Zero with the latest Armbian Stretch to use as an Open Media Vault server and a Pi-Hole (with the Pi-Hole being used as a DHCP server). I installed both from the armbian-config software menu with no problems.

However these days I've been getting at random times a very strange issue. I have my Orange Pi Zero set with a static IP address since I am using the Pi-Hole software as a DHCP server for my home network, the problem is that at what seems like at random times it gets a different IP address without me touching anything, the IP is something in the style of 2XX.XXX.XXX.XXX instead of 192.168.1.20 that I have set as static from armbian-config. This causes issues since it does not use my router as the gateway, making any outbound connection impossible.

If I go to armbian-config network settings when the issue happens I can see both IPs (the static and the random one) at the same time, if I set again the correct settings through the interface it works again and the other IP disappears.

This is my "/etc/network/interfaces" file if it helps anyone:

# Include additional interface stanzas.
source-directory interfaces.d

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# eth0 network interface
auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.20
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0
iface eth0 inet6 manual
    pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev $IFACE

I had this also on one TVBox-sbc when installing Pi-hole but not on my normal SBCs like Odroid C2 or NanoPi K1 Plus.

Its a part of the dhcp-parts installed by pi-hole

I also got a static IP configured, but did get on the same eth0 port a dhcp-192.168.6.152 (from my DHCP-Server on the router)

Because I am didnt use DHCP on Pi-Hole (doenst work as good as the DHCP in the router) I deinstalled the dhcp-parts of the pi-hole.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, guidol said:

I had this also on one TVBox-sbc when installing Pi-hole but not on my normal SBCs like Odroid C2 or NanoPi K1 Plus.

Its a part of the dhcp-parts installed by pi-hole

I also got a static IP configured, but did get on the same eth0 port a dhcp-192.168.6.152 (from my DHCP-Server on the router)

Because I am didnt use DHCP on Pi-Hole (doenst work as good as the DHCP in the router) I deinstalled the dhcp-parts of the pi-hole.

But what if I want to use my Pi-Hole as the DHCP server? I can't remove that package then and my router does not let me cahnge the DNS.