Plex

TonyMac32

This could be old news, but my plex update today threw a message out on the console (apt upgrade) that official armv7 and armv8 packages are available.  This should be a pretty solid performance boost for most of us I would imagine, the old packages were fro armel NAS boxes.  Testing it out on my XU4.

47 minutes ago, TonyMac32 said:

This could be old news, but my plex update today threw a message out on the console (apt upgrade) that official armv7 and armv8 packages are available.  This should be a pretty solid performance boost for most of us I would imagine, the old packages were fro armel NAS boxes.  Testing it out on my XU4.

despite me working hard and use don melton's transcoding scripts, i still struggled to convince my arm plex installs to only do direct play and direct stream.  (this wasa . few months ago.. dunno what arch it was)

As you know, I have been using an alternative to Plex, Emby, that has native armhf and arm64 support since a long time ago, besides supporting XU4 hardware transcoding with excellent results.

Now Emby went closed-source, and a fork has been created that is under very active development (even more than Emby used to be when it was open source). The project's name is Jellyfin; I haven't tried it out yet, but I want to. It also offers armhf packages:

https://jellyfin.github.io/