Armbian 5.78 s905 ubuntu bionic 5.1.0 networking

lepomis

Hello,

i'm using wvdial in order to connect my box to the internet which brings up the ppp0 interface, but when i try to ping an external host i get packet filtered.

i was wondering which kind of rule should i set.

Also i noticed that issuing sudo service networking restart wasn't enought after i edited /etc/network/interfaces in order to connect to the internet, instead a full reboot was needed. which comand should i use in this case?

2 hours ago, lepomis said:

sudo service networking restart wasn't enought after i edited /etc/network/interfaces

That is because "networking" and "NetworkManager" are not good friends, the last one keep ownership of eth0 ...

probably i'll disable networkmanager... also i don't understand what's the default "ifupdown(eth0) connection which you can't even delete listed in nm.  That should be related to /etc/network/interfaces infact if i go under connection information it displays the connection ifupdown(eth0) with the ip addresses i typed in the file interfaces.

What's really important is managing to use my 3g dongle with wvdial or something else... 

20 hours ago, lepomis said:

Hello,

i'm using wvdial in order to connect my box to the internet which brings up the ppp0 interface, but when i try to ping an external host i get packet filtered.

i was wondering which kind of rule i should set.

Also i noticed that issuing sudo service networking restart wasn't enought after i edited /etc/network/interfaces in order to connect to the internet, instead a full reboot was needed. which comand should i use in this case?

Loin : root
Pass : 1234

Please use a translator next time.  This is an English speaking forum.

Veuillez utiliser un traducteur la prochaine fois. Ce n'est pas un forum francophone. Salutations.

• Werner locked this topic