Adding Debian buster

Igor

24 minutes ago, guidol said:

build-system

Here.

I only made one image which boots with a few failed items. I never tried upgrade on SBC ... it will probably work even our special packages are not there yet. 

my first extreme try was the NanoPi A64 (from Pine64) with Buster and as Dev-version, but this experiment was too far ;)
It did boot but unstable (reboot & freezes) with different cards...

So - because you did post on twitter the picture of the NanoPi R1 mainline 4.19.35 login - I used my "old" Orange Pi R1 and

compiled OPi R1 Buster Dev and this seem to run MUCH better than the first try on the NanoPi A64 :)

Now I will try a normal mainline with the NanoPi A64 for Buster - like your NanoPi R1 build

but (only dev?) buster hasnt wget fro armbia-config as standard onboard?:
root@orangepi:/home/guido# armbian-config
/usr/sbin/armbian-config: line 26: wget: command not found
Warning: Configuration cannot work properly without a working internet connection.              
Press CTRL C to stop to stop or any key to ignore and continue.

after apt get wget it was OK

also ftpd doesnt seem to be onboard anymore - used now vsftpd as replacement

OPi_R1_Buster_Dev.jpg

2 hours ago, guidol said:

wget: command not found

It seems that base packages are different ... I didn't check anything at this stage. Perhaps a diff between stretch and buster packages should be nice to have. From CLI and desktop ... and adjust accordingly. Probably there are some other packages missing.

I made several test builds and tests installs on Debian Buster and IMHO it is ready for user level/extended testing. Most interesting for us is that our modifications and things defined in armbian-config remain working. Most of them will, but some will fail ... I did install a desktop over Buster, it works, but haven't done many tests, hostapd works (but it throws out some errors that need to be examined, ...)

Ubuntu Disco is in a similar state. CLI works, desktop upgrade works, ...

How to extend this testing? Shell all nightly images only be Buster/Disco, most popular boards gets a CLI test version? Exotic ones? "Chosen" ones? Shell we unlock building but leave a mark "WIP" or something?

22 hours ago, Igor said:

"Chosen" ones

I need some more detailed testing on Amlogic platform so I choose to enable nighties and work with Le Potato. If one wants to join bug hunting and don't have ability for images building he should submit a PR with board config changes similar to this one: https://github.com/armbian/build/commit/344b79078edddb81c03312aac7ef37827fe9c1a6

Le Potato Buster and Disco images