Nextcloud slow to load

LogicalUnit

Hi everyone, I have a Helios 4 running Armbian 5.68

I have set up Nextcloud, and everything is working. However, if the server is "cold" it takes several seconds for the page to load. If the server is "hot" then the page loads immediately. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to keep the page loading at its fastest speed.

I'm confident that it's not due to the hard drive going into standby. I have used the command 

sudo hdparm -S 0 /dev/sda

To disable the hard drive going into standby mode, and confirmed that the slow loading still occurs if the hard drive is active/idle with

sudo hdparm -C /dev/sda

Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, LogicalUnit said:

if the server is "cold" it takes several seconds for the page to load.

What do you mean by that? Right after boot? Please provide logs with to see if anything is suspicious there:

armbianmonitor -u

6 hours ago, LogicalUnit said:

Sorry, by "cold" I meant that the server has been idle for a while.

OK, but we have to know what is doing when its idle. Perhaps you are using swap file and software you are trying to use gets swapped out?

Logs, logs, logs. Otherwise we are bling: armbianmonitor -u

On 4/19/2019 at 10:52 PM, Igor said:

OK, but we have to know what is doing when its idle. Perhaps you are using swap file and software you are trying to use gets swapped out?

Logs, logs, logs. Otherwise we are bling: armbianmonitor -u

Here is the link to my result: http://ix.io/1GPC

I'm wondering if Armbian has any kind of standby/sleep functionality that might slow it down when it has been idle.

4 hours ago, LogicalUnit said:

I'm wondering if Armbian has any kind of standby/sleep functionality that might slow it down when it has been idle.

No, but here we have a software layer that drastically changes Armbian's behavior. Perhaps Nextcloud adaptations are overlapping with Armbian defaults? One is obvious - log2ram and folder2ram.  Try with disabling our implementation which is much better and efficient. If that doesn't help, ask Nextcloud people what could be. I am not familiar with this app.

OK - may be a stupid idea, but did you test the same usage with another governor like performance in 

/etc/default/cpufrequtils

Check also there the MIN_SPEED for 480000

because less could make problems in disk-activity-performance

Maybe you could also test with

armbianmonitor -m

the cpu-frequence when in idle and then when you do access your system

also take a look with cpufreq-info !?