Zero Plus 2 H5 - g_ether

dchanceafs

Upgraded kernel on existing working project and g_ether no longer working. 

So did fresh install on formatted card of Armbian_5.75_Orangepizeroplus2-h5_Ubuntu_bionic_next_4.19.20

If I do modprobe g_ether and then dmesg, I get the following

udc-core: couldn't find an available UDC - added [g_ether] to list of pending drivers

Is there something new in 4.19.20 that I must do? It used to work in older releases from 9 months ago or so... 

5 hours ago, dchanceafs said:

in older releases from 9 months ago or so... 

Which older release? Which kernel? Did you perhaps used your own kernel?

By default mUSB port on smaller boards is used as additional serial console (g_serial) and AFAIK both can't operate at the same time. 

Works great in in ARMBIAN 5.34.171121 nightly Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 4.13.14-sunxi64

Fresh install of Armbian_5.75_Orangepizeroplus2-h5_Ubuntu_bionic_next_4.19.20 on new sd card. Simply logged in and changed password as required.

Disabled g_serial in /etc/modules

Then do modprobe g_ether and then dmesg, I get the following

udc-core: couldn't find an available UDC - added [g_ether] to list of pending drivers

Have never build a kernel...  

6 hours ago, dchanceafs said:

Have never build a kernel...  

Never to late to do that but essentially not needed to solve this problem.  You have to add those OTG bits which fell out from board hardware configuration - which is normal due to extreme complexity of the project and lack of resources. And this- hw config - is considered as users part/problem - but ofc you have to understand what and where. If you don't, wait for next update, build image on your own, hire someone to do it for you ...