Pinebook new Stretch install, only accessible by SSH

Cedar

Hello - I have attempted an install of Armbian Stetch on a Pinebook (non HD) with the latest image from https://www.armbian.com/pinebook-a64/.  I can power on the pinebook and can SSH in, and have successfully installed to the internal emmc, however the screen does not come on.  This pinebook readily works with other OS images I've attempted.  I suspect I'm just missing something somewhat obvious, but I can't find reference to this issue elsewhere - how do I enable access via the screen/keyboard on the device itself?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Cedar said:

There is nothing on the screen, as best I can tell the screen is not powered.  Completely black.

I have three Pinebooks. All works. But I have 2 out of 3 different panels. There is another panel out there, which might not be covered. What about Xenial version with old kernel? Does it work?

44 minutes ago, Igor said:

There is another panel out there, which might not be covered.

Is there a way to tell which panel I have?  This is one of the earliest pinebooks I believe, it shipped 8/2/2017.

3 minutes ago, Cedar said:

Is there a way to tell which panel I have?  This is one of the earliest pinebooks I believe, it shipped 8/2/2017.

The one which is not yet supported by modern Linux. I heard that three exists and since I have two different ones and they both work ... :) Perhaps in a few months from now. Until then, you are destined to stock 3.10.y kernel based images. More info.

I don't have a pinebook, so not sure if this is helpful... someone should give it a try...

GETTING A VIRTUAL TERMINAL

Linux provides six virtual consoles (text-based command-line interfaces). Simultaneously, pressing the Control (Ctrl) and Alternate (Alt) keys with any of the functions keys from F1 through F6. For example, press Ctrl-Alt-F1.

Return to the graphics screen by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F7.