HW support - Armbian on Excelvan Ex-T2

darioc1981

I purchased this TV box for my project to make an Hybrid media player/server based on Linux.

I selected the Excelvan TV box as it Is the only based on S912 and with a SATA Port to add an hard disk.

The idea is to:

- install Armbian

- install and activate Kodi stand alone

- install Media server (Plex or Emby)

Anyone succeeded in getting a fully working Armbian installation? Can It boot from the SATA disk?

So far I succeeded in installing Armbian (dtb gxm-q200) from USB but ethernet port is not working.

I am waiting for an HD Firecuda 1TB to test of it can run from the SATA disk.

Appreciate any help on my project.

Inviato dal mio MI 8 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi,

I have the same box and I run armbian with desktop on it and I installed it on emmc. I use the default vim2 dtb (q200 or q201 are not working so well) and most of the hardware is working well (wifi, not sure to have tested ethernet).

The sata port is behind an usb2sata adapter, so you may be able to start from it without modifying the emmc, as a bootable usb device (never tested due to thickness problems with my 2.5" hard drives).

Thanks, I will test vim2 dtb and check the ethernet support. With q200/1 everything but ethernet is ok, wifi included.

The remote is not working out-of-the-box, my next challenge is to configure lirc. Anyone succeeded in having a working remote?

On 5/3/2019 at 1:30 PM, darioc1981 said:

Thanks, I will test vim2 dtb and check the ethernet support. With q200/1 everything but ethernet is ok, wifi included.

The remote is not working out-of-the-box, my next challenge is to configure lirc. Anyone succeeded in having a working remote?

UPDATE: I tested vim2 dtb and It works, I did not notice major differences vs q200, ethernet still not working.

Ifconfig does not show eth0 while ifconfig -a lists eth0 too. Any help?

Ho all, after few weeks of testing and some Summer stop I still did not do any extra step.
I gave up on ethernet, I al now trying to boot this unit from the SATA drive.

I have a working USB pen with armbian on it, how could I trasfer the OS to the SATA drive?

Hi all,
After some months of stop I purchased a USB box for my SATA drive and flashed it with Win32load using the same procedure I used for USB sticks. The only problem I encountered is that it wipes the full disk even of you install on a partition.
What you get in a working ARm box with Linux, portable, cheap and lightweight, with a full blown hard disk (1tb in my case).
Impressive!

• Werner locked this topic