merge rockchip64 with rk3399

chwe

I prepared (last weekend? - don't remember anymore) a first step towards a merge of rk3399 (currently nanopi boards) with rockchip64 (more or less all the rest) so that both can be covered fully under one boardfamily (rockchip64). Patches are adjusted and dts support for nanopis in ayufans kernel is done as well.

https://github.com/chwe17/build/tree/rk3399merge

I would happily give it into 'someone others' hands cause time in the next month might be really rare.

Basically it needs testing on the boards which got newly merged into rockchip64 (don't own any nanopi *4 board so I can't test it). And probably a small helper script to adjust the 'living' boards config so that they'll get updates in the future from their new boardfamily (this might be tricky and needs for sure a lot of testing, to ensure we don't break them)

Would be nice if someone can review it and test it on the nanopis

15 hours ago, chwe said:

Would be nice if someone can review it and test it on the nanopis

How can I test this? I checked the build script but couldn't see anything different. Or is it already in the default build script for the latest build?

I'm sorry to jump into this thread, but I was wondering if there is any way to get a changelog for the kernels released by Armbian... I've just got an updated kernel to my RockPro64 (through apt dist-upgrade), but before I run some tests, I would like to have a look into the full changelog and I could not find a way to get one.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:41 AM, Mathias said:

is any way to get a changelog for the kernels released by Armbian

I'm afraid not really, this is a symptom of something we've been talking about a great deal, version control and releases being build system related, and not kernel related.  

7 hours ago, martinayotte said:

My RockPro died yesterday ... :(

I had my office window opened, a sudden windy storm started, some rain drops bumped onto my desk, the RockPro was to near of that area ... :o

I feel for you.
I hope it's recoverable. You could try rubbing with a toothbrush and some alcohol on the point where it's shorted. Sometimes it works again after the corrosion has been removed. And if a pad has been damaged you can solder a wire.
I've watched many videos of Louis Rossmann with very badly water damaged MacBooks. He fixes them all. But when somebody is good at his job, then they make it look easy... :)

I've been using SBC's a lot while traveling in my not rainproof tent. In every kind of weather. Never had issue's. I'll cross my fingers for the next trip. Cause then the NanoPi M4's going to come along.

On 5/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, NicoD said:

I feel for you.
I hope it's recoverable. You could try rubbing with a toothbrush and some alcohol on the point where it's shorted. Sometimes it works again after the corrosion has been removed. And if a pad has been damaged you can solder a wire.
I've watched many videos of Louis Rossmann with very badly water damaged MacBooks. He fixes them all. But when somebody is good at his job, then they make it look easy... :)

I've been using SBC's a lot while traveling in my not rainproof tent. In every kind of weather. Never had issue's. I'll cross my fingers for the next trip. Cause then the NanoPi M4's going to come along.

Hi Nico, how do you power the M4 when travelling ?

7 hours ago, pkfox said:

Hi Nico, how do you power the M4 when travelling ?

I've got 2 x 26800mAh power banks These, and 2 x 24W solar panels to charge the power banks. These 

My powerbanks can give up to 2.4A per port and 5.5A over the 3 ports in total. More than enough for my M4 (2A max) + my 13.3" 1080p display (1.2A).
The only minor on my power banks is that they can only charge at 2A. So 1 solar panel with great sun is more than enough to charge both at the same time.
But I bring 2 solar panels since when it's cloudy they only give between 1-2A.

They've now got 26800mAh power banks with quick-charge over USB-C up to 20V/1.5A. And even a 32000mAh power bank. I've asked my contact if they'd like to sponsor my next trip(next week) with such a power bank.
Too bad I haven't gotten an answer back, I hope he still works there. I could have used my RockPi4B with 4GB otherwise( QC ) instead of my NanoPi M4 with 2GB.
The Odroid N2 would have been better since it's so damn power efficient for such a huge performance(6W with CPU maxed VS 10W of the M4) But I'd also need a powerbank at 12V for it. I'll look into it for a next trip.

I'm filming everything at my trips and edit and render everything in the evening, and then put it on Youtube when I find internet.

So it's awesome to be able to use such powerful SBC's like those with the RK3399's or S922x. I used to use the Odroid C2. But +10 minutes videos had to be rendered in 720p and took more than an hour. Now everything is going to be 1080p or higher, and it's going to take a lot less time to render.
Greetings.

12 hours ago, NicoD said:

I've got 2 x 26800mAh power banks These, and 2 x 24W solar panels to charge the power banks. These 

My powerbanks can give up to 2.4A per port and 5.5A over the 3 ports in total. More than enough for my M4 (2A max) + my 13.3" 1080p display (1.2A).
The only minor on my power banks is that they can only charge at 2A. So 1 solar panel with great sun is more than enough to charge both at the same time.
But I bring 2 solar panels since when it's cloudy they only give between 1-2A.

They've now got 26800mAh power banks with quick-charge over USB-C up to 20V/1.5A. And even a 32000mAh power bank. I've asked my contact if they'd like to sponsor my next trip(next week) with such a power bank.
Too bad I haven't gotten an answer back, I hope he still works there. I could have used my RockPi4B with 4GB otherwise( QC ) instead of my NanoPi M4 with 2GB.
The Odroid N2 would have been better since it's so damn power efficient for such a huge performance(6W with CPU maxed VS 10W of the M4) But I'd also need a powerbank at 12V for it. I'll look into it for a next trip.

I'm filming everything at my trips and edit and render everything in the evening, and then put it on Youtube when I find internet.

So it's awesome to be able to use such powerful SBC's like those with the RK3399's or S922x. I used to use the Odroid C2. But +10 minutes videos had to be rendered in 720p and took more than an hour. Now everything is going to be 1080p or higher, and it's going to take a lot less time to render.
Greetings.

Wow thanks for the detailed response, I assume you use the M4 for the editing and uploading ?