Orange Pi Pc corrupts SD card

Eddy

I'm trying the Orange Pi PC for a smal project but while installing th OpiPC corrupts its SD Card.

Typical error occurence:

- Install Debian Jessy server on 16GB SD Card (ScanDisk Ultra class 10).

- run first bootup.

- update und upgrade software, install nfs-common and rrdtool.

- setup keyboard, console-setup, tzdata, locales, static ip.

- edit /etc/fstab, mount nfs-volume.

- copy project software (mostly bash scripts, reading cpu temp and switching GPIO-Pin).

- seting up a cron job.

on one of the next shutdown/reboot the console shows mmc errors while reading and writing (see log file).

- the Sd card can not be started any more, all attempts fail with mmc read and write erros.

- reinstalling the image on the same SD card allows me to start over again. On first Boot no errors are shown.

tested variations:

- after the crash the SD card can be tested with badblocks on a different system; no errors shown

- 3 other SD cards (32GB class10) show the same results

- Using an industrie standard power supply with 3 different voltages (4,5V, 5V, 5,5V) show the same errors

- using Orange Pi Plus, no errors are shown (not within the firs 3 days and many reboots).

- using other linux builds from orangepi.org or laboris do not show this efect.

Is there any thing in /boot/scrip.bin that sets mmc timing ?

Any other idear ?

Greetings Eddy

kern_log.txt

I had the same problem with a Class 10 SD, it worked fine untill powered off and it won't boot again.

I tried some other cards (Crappy chinese Class 4 and Samsung Class 10) and both work fine, so it seems that the OPI is very fussy with the SD cards, it doesn't seem to matter the class or quality

Is there any thing in /boot/scrip.bin that sets mmc timing ?

Not that I know of. But Armbian uses already mainline u-boot while Xunlong/loboris images rely on Allwinner's BSP u-boot from 2011. The older u-boot reads some stuff from script.bin (sys_config.fex) while we not. So in fact even using the same kernel different things might happen.

Since SD card corruption is often related to insufficient powering maybe initialisation of the SY8106A voltage regulator is different? Out of curiousity: Does the Armbian image you use already implements storage checking?

armbianmonitor -c $HOME

hello 

I have a similar isue; It looks like the sd is corrupt but it isn't the problemme is commin from the ntp link inside fstab.

I have and orange pi pc + an make test on an sd card. wenn I remove the nfs input on the fstab (from the sd card) with the running os on emmc  my orange pi reboot on sd after.

it looks like its a problem with nfs input in fstab.