new user - orange pi 3, i don't know where i can partecipate

cybermod

Hi all!
I'm new on armbian and my first (second, because the first is rasperry p3 but it runs hassio) is orange pi 3. I would like to know about gpio, but i cannot write on thread of orange pi 3.
Maybe, because i'm not a programmer, but i try to ask in some case.

Tnx and sorry for bad english!

Hey there and welcome.

Allwinner H6 SoC based boards like the OrangePi 3 are currently not end-user supported as the mainline support is still under development. Xulong may sell nice boards for pretty cheap but their software support is very poor (and sometimes they come with defects by design, see http://linux-sunxi.org/H6#Errata).

You get is what you pay for.

If you need a board running GPIO nicely and is supported either buy a different board or wait until this one is stable enough to be officially supported.

19 hours ago, cybermod said:

I would like to know about gpio

The simplest way to control GPIO on any board is to use sysfs, here, for example, on PD18 -> GPIO114 :

echo 114 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio118/direction
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio118/value

On 5/11/2019 at 11:04 PM, Tido said:

the guys over here trying to get the best out of this board

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9368-orangepi-3-h6-allwiner-chip/

Is it somehow restricted who can post in that section? I found an issue (USB Voltage regulator doesn't seem to be set properly, works with the manufacturer image though) and someone in there asked a while ago if he's the only one with the issue, I wanted to respond but can't post in there.

Just now, Tido said:

I am not aware of such a function and Igor just did a post in there.

I can't post in there and also I can't access the contact page to contact someone to ask whats wrong. I just tried to change my E-Mail Address to the same E-Mail Address to re-do the verification, but still no luck. @Igor Could you help me out here please?

41 minutes ago, Flole said:

Is it somehow restricted who can post in that section?

2 minutes ago, Tido said:

I am not aware of such a function and Igor just did a post in there.

I think @Igor added that restriction few days ago : new comers with less then 5 posts can't post in Development subforum.

I'm at 5 right now (and not at all new) but still can't post. So maybe even more posts are required?

Also that should definitely be documented somewhere (or somewhere more obvious since I searched for that and couldn't find anything about some kind of restrictions). Maybe like a sticky post in that section like "In order to post here you need to do xyz"

Edit: 6 is also not enough.....

Edited by Flole

Actually for anyone who still wonders why they can't post, you need at least 10 posts to be able to participate in the Allwinner H6 forum. I somehow managed to post something there with 0 posts, and now that I need to post something again, I can't. Bummer.