Status of mainline kernel support for ROC-RK3328-CC

talentles

Hi

I was wondering of status of vanilla kernel and linux for ROC-RK3328-CC. I read an article about it being mainlined in 4.17 (http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2312) but I still see people working through issues on this board. I am mainly interested on ethernet and USB3 support. Not interested in video or sound, although others might. Thought this is the place to ask as there is a lot going on but difficult to scrape all the info on the threads. Thanks!

9 hours ago, talentles said:

I read an article about it being mainlined in 4.17

This usually doesn't mean much. Boards get their definitions inside mainline kernel many years before they actually work. Sometimes they lack vital drivers, like flash media support and might not even boot in user friendly way. I don't recall how initial support for this board was back then.

Not interested in video or sound, although others might.

I am mainly interested on ethernet and USB3 support.

Basic mainline support for RK3328 exists, but its not fully stable. There are quirks in USB3, there are some troubles with memory while IIRC Ethernet should be fine by now. 

11 minutes ago, Igor said:

Basic mainline support for RK3328 exists, but its not fully stable. There are quirks in USB3, there are some troubles with memory while IIRC Ethernet should be fine by now. 

10 hours ago, talentles said:

I was wondering of status of vanilla kernel and linux for ROC-RK3328-CC.

It is as Igor said, however Ethernet has been, and still is, problematic on RK3328 (performance is very slow), it would seem the TRM for the SoC is not as complete as it could be.