Kernel bug when client connects to hotspot on wlan0

Roland G

16 minutes ago, Roland G said:

Is there a fix for this?

It's a known problem and AFAIK no. You can try if things were fixed in K5.x but I am not aware of its quality.

A workaround is to use legacy 4.4.y kernel ... it will work there.

I have tried K5.x but the problem persists. It works on 4.4.y but that creates problems with other peripheral devices. 

I would like to use armbian with the tinkerboardS but for this the hotspot issue needs to be resolved. Due to time constraints this would have to be resolved quickly. Would you be interested in fixing this as a commercial engagement?

6 hours ago, Roland G said:

I have tried K5.x but the problem persists. It works on 4.4.y but that creates problems with other peripheral devices

I am afraid this is the best possible. Other options will be related with not so small time and money constraints.

Would you be interested in fixing this as a commercial engagement?

You are welcome to support the project that a fraction of existing costs goes on your shoulders.

Currently we have to add 99+% of cash to keep the project rolling which means we are already heavily commercially engaged. On top of that I also hire help around to fix problems which are outside of what we can do but are urgent for the project.

We need to hire at least two people to relieve stress on volunteers, but have no idea how. Donations will cover two people's one year pay in 30 years. Just to get a picture.

Due to time constraints this would have to be resolved quickly.

Good luck. That's all what I can say.