Black screen - was: OrangePi3 won't boot

maxlinux2000

Hi

in the last build of 17/05/2019, 

https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi3/nightly/Armbian_5.87.190517_Orangepi3_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.1.0.7z

armbian won't boot and there are a black display

My board is a opi3 2gbram + mmc 8GB

The board is working, because in the mmc, I have installed an old version (5.82) and I can bood from the SD card with android 7 get form here:

http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/OrangePi3/2019-01-23/orangepi3_0e7dae8bb1bf9678fda5754272.html

I tried to connect via ssh from another computer, and it's works, I login, changed the default passwd, but after 1 or 2 minutes, the opi3 reboot and from this moment, the reboot is every 30-40 seconds so I don't have the time to login again with ssh

I tried again following this doc:

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Fine-Tuning/

# nano /boot/boot.cmd 

disp.screen0_output_mode=1280x720p60

# mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

but nothing it doesn't works

Now I will try to use the debian build image version instead ubuntu one....

ok, finally I boot from the mmc armbian 5.82, and mounted the 5.87 version of 17/05/2019 in the SD card, then chroot, armbianmonitor -u and here you can see the kernel logs

http://ix.io/1Jk0

I hope can help

regards

MaX 

Note for the future:

$ sudo su

# cd /media... SDcard path

# mount -t proc /proc proc/

# mount -t sysfs /sys sys/

# mount -o bind /dev dev/

# chroot .

# armbianmonitor -u

# exit

1 hour ago, maxlinux2000 said:

mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch, assuming write-enable

This seems to be the issue !

Most likely due to the SDCard itself, either corrupted or defective ...

I tested the build today 18/05/2019 and it continues with the black screen of my vga lcd of 19".

But I searched in the basement for my old 17 "screen (Hyundai lcd) and ... bingo! The screen shows the start of armbian boot.

But there is a big problem, everything is shifted to the right (to 1/3) and the text disappears to the right side.
The digital information on the screen tells me that it is running at 1280x960 60hz.

If I try to move the text to the left, using the buttons on the display it tells me that it is already at maximum and there is a small blinking line to the left at bottom.
Everything points to a problem of synchronization of the refresh in the output hdmi. Problem that version 5.82 did not have

Note that I am using the original hdmi -> vga adapter from the orangePi store.

17 hours ago, martinayotte said:

This seems to be the issue !

Most likely due to the SDCard itself, either corrupted or defective ...

I'm using a newly purchased kingston 16GB sdcard.
But I think the micro sdcard do not have the "read only" switch.
So I do not understand this error. Should I change the sd card?

6 minutes ago, maxlinux2000 said:

But I think the micro sdcard do not have the "read only" switch.

None of my 12 card have one too. I've never seen that message ...

But googling this message reveal that people were facing either corruptions or defects.

Try another card, it will help to figure out !

The problem is in the kernel!
Today I copied the 5.07 kernel version, from the Armbian 5.82, that I have in the mmc on the 5.87 that I have in the SDcard.
Now Armbian 5.87 works perfectly, so the problem is in the kernel that for some reason leaves the black screen on orangePi3 using the hdmi-VGA adaper.

My idea is now, to try to compile the linux kernel directly in orangePi 5.82, then install it on the SDcard, and verify if it works (or not).

One question, I want to compile only the kernel and not the entire distribution. Can I use the old Debian methods, or do I have to use the repository at https://github.com/armbian/build and then use the kernel_only option?

Note for me, to remember in the future:

In order to use an old kernel in a SDcard you have to:

• rename (on the SDcard) the boot folder in boot.original
  • copy the boot folder from the functioning installation in the sdcard
  • Copy and replace the file armbianEnv.txt from the folder /boot.original to /boot
  • copy from the functioning installation to SDcard, the modules in /lib/modules/<KernelVersion>

The build script providing the option to build kernel packages only. It automatically grabs all needed components and patches. So my guess it it would be easier and promising to use that.

[ error ] ERROR in function prepare_host [ general.sh:516 ]
[ error ] Running this tool on non x86-x64 build host in not supported 

.... so I need to use an x86-x64 tu build an arm kernel? Why?

the arm platform is not reliable enough to compile a kernel?

I have downloaded the linux distributions from the orangepi.org page and the linux images loaded in microsd with etcher and they work without problem in my orangepi3

but under any distribution of armbian and I do the same procedure with etcher and putting the microsd in my orangepi3 does not load anything

there must be another way to load armbian in my orangepi3, sorry for my ignorance

Edited by Dwight Madina

3 hours ago, Dwight Madina said:

putting the microsd in my orangepi3 does not load anything

Do you have a USB-TTL Serial dongle to see what is happening on the debug port header ?

My OPi3 is running Armbian since months, and lately 5.1.0 ...

5 hours ago, martinayotte said:

Do you have a USB-TTL Serial dongle to see what is happening on the debug port header ?

My OPi3 is running Armbian since months, and lately 5.1.0 ...

I do not have that cable, how do I install Armbian in his opi3?

Today, using a converter "ttl-> usb" I can show something of what happens in my OrangePi3

root@orangepi3:/boot# [  361.132423] reboot: Restarting system                  

U-Boot SPL 2019.04-armbian (May 29 2019 - 04:11:37 +0200)                       
DRAM: 2048 MiB                                                                  
Trying to boot from MMC1                                                        
NOTICE:  BL31: v2.1(debug):89a4d26-dirty                                        
NOTICE:  BL31: Built : 04:11:28, May 29 2019                                    
NOTICE:  BL31: Detected Allwinner H6 SoC (1728)                                 
NOTICE:  BL31: Found U-Boot DTB at 0xc079e78, model: OrangePi 3                 
INFO:    ARM GICv2 driver initialized                                           
NOTICE:  PMIC: Probing AXP805                                                   
NOTICE:  PMIC: AXP805 detected                                                  
INFO:    BL31: Platform setup done                                              
INFO:    BL31: Initializing runtime services                                    
INFO:    BL31: cortex_a53: CPU workaround for 855873 was applied                
INFO:    BL31: Preparing for EL3 exit to normal world                           
INFO:    Entry point address = 0x4a000000                                       
INFO:    SPSR = 0x3c9                                                           

U-Boot 2019.04-armbian (May 29 2019 - 04:11:37 +0200) Allwinner Technology      

CPU:   Allwinner H6 (SUN50I)                                                    
Model: OrangePi 3                                                               
DRAM:  2 GiB                                                                    
MMC:   mmc@4020000: 0, mmc@4022000: 1                                           
Loading Environment from EXT4... ** File not found /boot/boot.env **            

** Unable to read "/boot/boot.env" from mmc0:1 **                               
In:    serial@5000000                                                           
Out:   serial@5000000                                                           
Err:   serial@5000000                                                           
Net:   No ethernet found.                                                       
starting USB...                                                                 
No controllers found                                                            
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0                                                
switch to partitions #0, OK                                                     
mmc0 is current device                                                          
Scanning mmc 0:1...                                                             
Found U-Boot script /boot/boot.scr                                              
3167 bytes read in 3 ms (1 MiB/s)                                               
## Executing script at 4fc00000                                                 
U-boot loaded from SD                                                           
Boot script loaded from mmc                                                     
165 bytes read in 2 ms (80.1 KiB/s)                                             
27608 bytes read in 11 ms (2.4 MiB/s)                                           
4161 bytes read in 8 ms (507.8 KiB/s)                                           
Applying kernel provided DT fixup script (sun50i-h6-fixup.scr)                  
## Executing script at 44000000                                                 
8796297 bytes read in 893 ms (9.4 MiB/s)                                        
14563336 bytes read in 1475 ms (9.4 MiB/s)                                      
## Loading init Ramdisk from Legacy Image at 4fe00000 ...                       
   Image Name:   uInitrd                                                        
   Image Type:   AArch64 Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)                  
   Data Size:    8796233 Bytes = 8.4 MiB                                        
   Load Address: 00000000                                                       
   Entry Point:  00000000                                                       
   Verifying Checksum ... OK                                                    
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 4fa00000                                       
   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x4fa00000                                     
   Loading Ramdisk to 4979c000, end 49fff849 ... OK                             
   Loading Device Tree to 000000004972c000, end 000000004979bfff ... OK         

Starting kernel ...                                                             

Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS orangepi3 ttyS0                                              

orangepi3 login: root             

I have tried to copy the file /boot/armbianEnv.txt in boot / boot.env because I assumed that there is an error in the path of the boot manager, but it does not work, it gives a CRC error.

root@orangepi3:~# reboot                                                        
[  114.695833] reboot: Restarting system                                        

Trying to boot from MMC1                                                        

Loading Environment from EXT4... *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environmen
t                                                                               

starting USB...                                                                 
No controllers found                                                            
mmc0 is current device                                                          
3296 bytes read in 3 ms (1 MiB/s)                                               
U-boot loaded from SD                                                           
165 bytes read in 2 ms (80.1 KiB/s)                                             
27608 bytes read in 12 ms (2.2 MiB/s)                                           
4161 bytes read in 8 ms (507.8 KiB/s)                                           
14563336 bytes read in 1475 ms (9.4 MiB/s)                                      

Starting kernel ...                                                             

[   17.749002] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_bus_sleep: error while changing bus sleep st
ate -110                                                                        

orangepi3 login:                                                                

orangepi3 login:                                                                

orangepi3 login: 

Results: My screen is on, but in black.
I remember you that I'm using the HDMI-VGA adapter, the max resolution is 1440*900_60 and in version 5.82 of Armbian, it works perfectly.

Now I'm going to increase the verbosity to 7 and I copy below the result

root@orangepi3:~# reboot                                                        
[  862.970540] reboot: Restarting system                                        

Trying to boot from MMC1                                                        

Loading Environment from EXT4... ** File not found /boot/boot.env **            

** Unable to read "/boot/boot.env" from mmc0:1 **                               
starting USB...                                                                 
No controllers found                                                            
mmc0 is current device                                                          
3297 bytes read in 4 ms (804.7 KiB/s)                                           
U-boot loaded from SD                                                           
165 bytes read in 1 ms (161.1 KiB/s)                                            
27608 bytes read in 13 ms (2 MiB/s)                                             
4161 bytes read in 9 ms (451.2 KiB/s)                                           
14563336 bytes read in 1476 ms (9.4 MiB/s)                                      

Starting kernel ...                                                             

[    0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x410fd034]          
[    0.000000] Linux version 5.1.5-sunxi64 (root@nightly) (gcc version 7.4.1 201
81213 [linaro-7.4-2019.02 revision 56ec6f6b99cc167ff0c2f8e1a2eed33b1edc85d4] (Li
naro GCC 7.4-2019.02)) #5.88.190529 SMP Wed May 29 00:50:55 CEST 2019           
[    0.000000] Machine model: OrangePi 3                                        
[    0.000000] cma: Reserved 128 MiB at 0x00000000b8000000                      
[    0.000000] NUMA: No NUMA configuration found                                
[    0.000000] NUMA: Faking a node at [mem 0x0000000040000000-0x00000000bfffffff
]                                                                               
[    0.000000] NUMA: NODE_DATA [mem 0xb7bd9840-0xb7bdafff]                      
[    0.000000] Zone ranges:                                                     
[    0.000000]   DMA32    [mem 0x0000000040000000-0x00000000bfffffff]           
[    0.000000]   Normal   empty                                                 
[    0.000000] Movable zone start for each node                                 
[    0.000000] Early memory node ranges                                         
[    0.000000]   node   0: [mem 0x0000000040000000-0x00000000bfffffff]          
[    0.000000] Initmem setup node 0 [mem 0x0000000040000000-0x00000000bfffffff] 
[    0.000000] psci: probing for conduit method from DT.                        
[    0.000000] psci: PSCIv1.1 detected in firmware.                             
[    0.000000] psci: Using standard PSCI v0.2 function IDs                      
[    0.000000] psci: MIGRATE_INFO_TYPE not supported.                           
[    0.000000] psci: SMC Calling Convention v1.1                                
[    0.000000] random: get_random_bytes called from start_kernel+0xa4/0x448 with
 crng_init=0                                                                    
[    0.000000] percpu: Embedded 22 pages/cpu s52952 r8192 d28968 u90112         
[    0.000000] Detected VIPT I-cache on CPU0                                    
[    0.000000] CPU features: detected: ARM erratum 845719                       
[    0.000000] Speculative Store Bypass Disable mitigation not required         
[    0.000000] Built 1 zonelists, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 516096    
[    0.000000] Policy zone: DMA32                                               
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: root=UUID=5e6d5fb1-968b-4ce0-b6de-cde0214932
9b rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 panic=10 consolebl
ank=0 loglevel=7 ubootpart=a43cd2fa-01 usb-storage.quirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537
:0x1068:u   cgroup_enable=memory swapaccount=1                                  
[    0.000000] printk: log_buf_len individual max cpu contribution: 4096 bytes  
[    0.000000] printk: log_buf_len total cpu_extra contributions: 12288 bytes   
[    0.000000] printk: log_buf_len min size: 16384 bytes                        
[    0.000000] printk: log_buf_len: 32768 bytes                                 
[    0.000000] printk: early log buf free: 13828(84%)                           
[    0.000000] Memory: 1904912K/2097152K available (10238K kernel code, 718K rwd
ata, 2508K rodata, 704K init, 289K bss, 61168K reserved, 131072K cma-reserved)  
[    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=64, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=4, Nodes=1       
[    0.000000] rcu: Hierarchical RCU implementation.                            
[    0.000000] rcu:     RCU restricting CPUs from NR_CPUS=8 to nr_cpu_ids=4.    
[    0.000000] rcu: RCU calculated value of scheduler-enlistment delay is 25 jif
fies.                                                                           
[    0.000000] rcu: Adjusting geometry for rcu_fanout_leaf=16, nr_cpu_ids=4     
[    0.000000] NR_IRQS: 64, nr_irqs: 64, preallocated irqs: 0                   
[    0.000000] GIC: Using split EOI/Deactivate mode                             
[    0.000000] arch_timer: cp15 timer(s) running at 24.00MHz (phys).            
[    0.000000] clocksource: arch_sys_counter: mask: 0xffffffffffffff max_cycles:
 0x588fe9dc0, max_idle_ns: 440795202592 ns                                      
[    0.000004] sched_clock: 56 bits at 24MHz, resolution 41ns, wraps every 43980
46511097ns                                                                      
[    0.000222] Console: colour dummy device 80x25                               
[    0.000556] printk: console [tty1] enabled                                   
[    0.000627] Calibrating delay loop (skipped), value calculated using timer fr
equency.. 48.00 BogoMIPS (lpj=96000)                                            
[    0.000648] pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301                             
[    0.000735] LSM: Security Framework initializing                             
[    0.001559] Dentry cache hash table entries: 262144 (order: 9, 2097152 bytes)
[    0.001979] Inode-cache hash table entries: 131072 (order: 8, 1048576 bytes) 
[    0.002025] Mount-cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)     
[    0.002052] Mountpoint-cache hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
[    0.002484] *** VALIDATE proc ***                                            
[    0.002706] *** VALIDATE cgroup1 ***                                         
[    0.002720] *** VALIDATE cgroup2 ***                                         
[    0.003351] ASID allocator initialised with 32768 entries                    
[    0.003428] rcu: Hierarchical SRCU implementation.                           
[    0.003966] smp: Bringing up secondary CPUs ...                              
[    0.004665] Detected VIPT I-cache on CPU1                                    
[    0.004713] CPU1: Booted secondary processor 0x0000000001 [0x410fd034]       
[    0.005332] Detected VIPT I-cache on CPU2                                    
[    0.005360] CPU2: Booted secondary processor 0x0000000002 [0x410fd034]       
[    0.005934] Detected VIPT I-cache on CPU3                                    
[    0.005961] CPU3: Booted secondary processor 0x0000000003 [0x410fd034]       
[    0.006025] smp: Brought up 1 node, 4 CPUs                                   
[    0.006078] SMP: Total of 4 processors activated.                            
[    0.006089] CPU features: detected: 32-bit EL0 Support                       
[    0.006100] CPU features: detected: CRC32 instructions                       
[    0.006351] CPU: All CPU(s) started at EL2                                   
[    0.006375] alternatives: patching kernel code                               
[    0.007837] devtmpfs: initialized                                            
[    0.012584] clocksource: jiffies: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, ma
x_idle_ns: 7645041785100000 ns                                                  
[    0.012634] futex hash table entries: 1024 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)           
[    0.016876] xor: measuring software checksum speed                           
[    0.056094]    8regs     :  1750.000 MB/sec                                  
[    0.096133]    32regs    :  2151.000 MB/sec                                  
[    0.136178]    arm64_neon:  1904.000 MB/sec                                  
[    0.136189] xor: using function: 32regs (2151.000 MB/sec)                    
[    0.136245] pinctrl core: initialized pinctrl subsystem                      
[    0.137017] NET: Registered protocol family 16                               
[    0.137487] audit: initializing netlink subsys (disabled)                    
[    0.137645] audit: type=2000 audit(0.136:1): state=initialized audit_enabled=
0 res=1                                                                         
[    0.138104] cpuidle: using governor menu                                     
[    0.138338] vdso: 2 pages (1 code @ (____ptrval____), 1 data @ (____ptrval___
_))                                                                             
[    0.138356] hw-breakpoint: found 6 breakpoint and 4 watchpoint registers.    
[    0.139465] DMA: preallocated 256 KiB pool for atomic allocations            
[    0.139598] Serial: AMBA PL011 UART driver                                   
[    0.149879] HugeTLB registered 1.00 GiB page size, pre-allocated 0 pages     
[    0.149905] HugeTLB registered 32.0 MiB page size, pre-allocated 0 pages     
[    0.149918] HugeTLB registered 2.00 MiB page size, pre-allocated 0 pages     
[    0.149930] HugeTLB registered 64.0 KiB page size, pre-allocated 0 pages     
[    0.150388] cryptd: max_cpu_qlen set to 1000                                 
[    0.216341] raid6: neonx8   gen()  1256 MB/s                                 
[    0.284412] raid6: neonx8   xor()  1169 MB/s                                 
[    0.352538] raid6: neonx4   gen()  1156 MB/s                                 
[    0.420586] raid6: neonx4   xor()  1104 MB/s                                 
[    0.488729] raid6: neonx2   gen()   887 MB/s                                 
[    0.556771] raid6: neonx2   xor()   925 MB/s                                 
[    0.624960] raid6: neonx1   gen()   555 MB/s                                 
[    0.692982] raid6: neonx1   xor()   654 MB/s                                 
[    0.761089] raid6: int64x8  gen()   748 MB/s                                 
[    0.829164] raid6: int64x8  xor()   572 MB/s                                 
[    0.897248] raid6: int64x4  gen()   792 MB/s                                 
[    0.965350] raid6: int64x4  xor()   584 MB/s                                 
[    1.033415] raid6: int64x2  gen()   516 MB/s                                 
[    1.101550] raid6: int64x2  xor()   461 MB/s                                 
[    1.169670] raid6: int64x1  gen()   337 MB/s                                 
[    1.237702] raid6: int64x1  xor()   338 MB/s                                 
[    1.237712] raid6: using algorithm neonx8 gen() 1256 MB/s                    
[    1.237722] raid6: .... xor() 1169 MB/s, rmw enabled                         
[    1.237732] raid6: using neon recovery algorithm                             
[    1.238331] vcc33-wifi: supplied by vcc-5v                                   
[    1.238547] vcc-wifi-io: supplied by vcc33-wifi                              
[    1.239068] SCSI subsystem initialized                                       
[    1.239233] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs                   
[    1.239277] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub                     
[    1.239342] usbcore: registered new device driver usb                        
[    1.239571] pps_core: LinuxPPS API ver. 1 registered                         
[    1.239583] pps_core: Software ver. 5.3.6 - Copyright 2005-2007 Rodolfo Giome
tti <giometti@linux.it>                                                         
[    1.239606] PTP clock support registered                                     
[    1.240606] clocksource: Switched to clocksource arch_sys_counter            
[    1.240776] VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.6.0                                     
[    1.240838] VFS: Dquot-cache hash table entries: 512 (order 0, 4096 bytes)   
[    1.240908] *** VALIDATE hugetlbfs ***                                       
[    1.246422] NET: Registered protocol family 2                                
[    1.246941] tcp_listen_portaddr_hash hash table entries: 1024 (order: 2, 1638
4 bytes)                                                                        
[    1.247017] TCP established hash table entries: 16384 (order: 5, 131072 bytes
)                                                                               
[    1.247208] TCP bind hash table entries: 16384 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)      
[    1.247495] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 16384 bind 16384)       
[    1.247611] UDP hash table entries: 1024 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)             
[    1.247681] UDP-Lite hash table entries: 1024 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)        
[    1.247862] NET: Registered protocol family 1                                
[    1.248250] RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.              
[    1.248265] RPC: Registered udp transport module.                            
[    1.248275] RPC: Registered tcp transport module.                            
[    1.248284] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.        
[    1.248498] Unpacking initramfs...                                           
[    1.692435] Freeing initrd memory: 8588K                                     
[    1.848707] Initialise system trusted keyrings                               
[    1.848885] workingset: timestamp_bits=44 max_order=19 bucket_order=0        
[    1.853826] zbud: loaded                                                     
[    1.855232] squashfs: version 4.0 (2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher               
[    1.855871] NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type                        
[    1.855901] Key type id_resolver registered                                  
[    1.855911] Key type id_legacy registered                                    
[    1.855927] nfs4filelayout_init: NFSv4 File Layout Driver Registering...     
[    1.855939] Installing knfsd (copyright (C) 1996 okir@monad.swb.de).         
[    1.856761] 9p: Installing v9fs 9p2000 file system support                   
[    2.007445] Key type asymmetric registered                                   
[    2.007471] Asymmetric key parser 'x509' registered                          
[    2.007546] Block layer SCSI generic (bsg) driver version 0.4 loaded (major 2
48)                                                                             
[    2.007714] io scheduler mq-deadline registered                              
[    2.007727] io scheduler kyber registered                                    
[    2.007893] io scheduler bfq registered                                      
[    2.008160] sun50i-de2-bus 1000000.display-engine: Error couldn't map SRAM to
 device                                                                         
[    2.008573] sun4i-usb-phy 5100400.phy: Couldn't request ID GPIO              
[    2.008877] sun50i-usb3-phy 5210000.phy: failed to get phy clock             
[    2.012465] sun50i-h6-r-pinctrl 7022000.pinctrl: initialized sunXi PIO driver
[    2.019631] Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 4 ports, IRQ sharing disabled         
[    2.022795] cacheinfo: Unable to detect cache hierarchy for CPU 0            
[    2.026668] loop: module loaded                                              
[    2.027582] libphy: Fixed MDIO Bus: probed                                   
[    2.029355] ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver       
[    2.029373] ehci-platform: EHCI generic platform driver                      
[    2.029553] ehci-platform 5101000.usb: EHCI Host Controller                  
[    2.029582] ehci-platform 5101000.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus n
umber 1                                                                         
[    2.029893] ehci-platform 5101000.usb: irq 19, io mem 0x05101000             
[    2.048612] ehci-platform 5101000.usb: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00            
[    2.048843] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002, bc
dDevice= 5.01                                                                   
[    2.048862] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=
1                                                                               
[    2.048877] usb usb1: Product: EHCI Host Controller                          
[    2.048889] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 5.1.5-sunxi64 ehci_hcd             
[    2.048901] usb usb1: SerialNumber: 5101000.usb                              
[    2.049343] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found                                       
[    2.049388] hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected                                     
[    2.049902] ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver           
[    2.049931] ohci-platform: OHCI generic platform driver                      
[    2.050074] ohci-platform 5101400.usb: Generic Platform OHCI controller      
[    2.050100] ohci-platform 5101400.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus n
umber 2                                                                         
[    2.050372] ohci-platform 5101400.usb: irq 20, io mem 0x05101400             
[    2.112830] usb usb2: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0001, bc
dDevice= 5.01                                                                   
[    2.112849] usb usb2: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=
1                                                                               
[    2.112864] usb usb2: Product: Generic Platform OHCI controller              
[    2.112877] usb usb2: Manufacturer: Linux 5.1.5-sunxi64 ohci_hcd             
[    2.112889] usb usb2: SerialNumber: 5101400.usb                              
[    2.113285] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found                                       
[    2.113329] hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected                                     
[    2.114098] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage             
[    2.114564] mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice                  
[    2.115020] sun6i-rtc 7000000.rtc: registered as rtc0                        
[    2.115034] sun6i-rtc 7000000.rtc: RTC enabled                               
[    2.115113] i2c /dev entries driver                                          
[    2.115293] sun50i-h6-r-pinctrl 7022000.pinctrl: 7022000.pinctrl supply vcc-p
l not found, using dummy regulator                                              
[    2.115809] axp20x-i2c 0-0036: AXP20x variant AXP806 found                   
[    2.120745] input: axp20x-pek as /devices/platform/soc/7081400.i2c/i2c-0/0-00
36/axp221-pek/input/input0                                                      
[    2.121850] dcdca: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.122879] dcdcc: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.123488] dcdcd: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.124069] dcdce: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.124660] aldo1: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.125241] aldo2: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.125811] aldo3: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.126379] bldo1: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.127413] bldo2: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.127971] bldo3: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.128536] bldo4: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.129141] cldo1: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.129705] cldo2: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.130264] cldo3: supplied by vcc-5v                                        
[    2.130873] sw: supplied by regulator-dummy                                  
[    2.131017] axp20x-i2c 0-0036: AXP20X driver loaded                          
[    2.131703] sun50i-h6-r-pinctrl 7022000.pinctrl: 7022000.pinctrl supply vcc-p
m not found, using dummy regulator                                              
[    2.131938] sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver           
[    2.131949] sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman                                
[    2.131979] Synopsys Designware Multimedia Card Interface Driver             
[    2.132519] sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper                 
[    2.133074] ledtrig-cpu: registered to indicate activity on CPUs             
[    2.133364] hidraw: raw HID events driver (C) Jiri Kosina                    
[    2.133455] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid                  
[    2.133465] usbhid: USB HID core driver                                      
[    2.134663] NET: Registered protocol family 10                               
[    2.152417] Segment Routing with IPv6                                        
[    2.152516] NET: Registered protocol family 17                               
[    2.152749] 8021q: 802.1Q VLAN Support v1.8                                  
[    2.152919] 9pnet: Installing 9P2000 support                                 
[    2.152981] Key type dns_resolver registered                                 
[    2.153627] registered taskstats version 1                                   
[    2.153639] Loading compiled-in X.509 certificates                           
[    2.153728] zswap: loaded using pool lzo/zbud                                
[    2.154666] Btrfs loaded, crc32c=crc32c-generic                              
[    2.163216] Key type encrypted registered                                    
[    2.171820] sun4i-usb-phy 5100400.phy: Couldn't request ID GPIO              
[    2.176434] sun50i-h6-pinctrl 300b000.pinctrl: initialized sunXi PIO driver  
[    2.176742] sun50i-h6-pinctrl 300b000.pinctrl: 300b000.pinctrl supply vcc-ph 
not found, using dummy regulator                                                
[    2.177178] printk: console [ttyS0] disabled                                 
[    2.198081] 5000000.serial: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x5000000 (irq = 15, base_baud = 15
00000) is a 16550A                                                              
[    3.493084] printk: console [ttyS0] enabled                                  
[    3.518864] 5000400.serial: ttyS1 at MMIO 0x5000400 (irq = 16, base_baud = 15
00000) is a 16550A                                                              
[    3.546591] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1100000.mixer (ops 0xffff000010b2
3d90)                                                                           
[    3.554288] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 6510000.tcon-top (ops 0xffff00001
0b27f78)                                                                        
[    3.562364] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 6515000.lcd-controller (ops 0xfff
f000010b202d0)                                                                  
[    3.570788] sun8i-dw-hdmi 6000000.hdmi: 6000000.hdmi supply hvcc not found, u
sing dummy regulator                                                            
[    3.579754] sun8i-dw-hdmi 6000000.hdmi: Couldn't get ddc regulator           
[    3.586006] sun4i-drm display-engine: failed to bind 6000000.hdmi (ops 0xffff
000010b23148): -517                                                             
[    3.594946] sun4i-drm display-engine: Couldn't bind all pipelines components 
[    3.602089] sun4i-drm display-engine: master bind failed: -517               
[    3.609176] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: xHCI Host Controller                   
[    3.614696] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: new USB bus registered, assigned bus nu
mber 3                                                                          
[    3.622775] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: hcc params 0x0220f064 hci version 0x100
 quirks 0x0000000002010010                                                      
[    3.632221] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: irq 21, io mem 0x05200000              
[    3.638469] usb usb3: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002, bc
dDevice= 5.01                                                                   
[    3.646747] usb usb3: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=
1                                                                               
[    3.653978] usb usb3: Product: xHCI Host Controller                          
[    3.658864] usb usb3: Manufacturer: Linux 5.1.5-sunxi64 xhci-hcd             
[    3.664877] usb usb3: SerialNumber: xhci-hcd.0.auto                          
[    3.670165] hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found                                       
[    3.673953] hub 3-0:1.0: 1 port detected                                     
[    3.678131] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: xHCI Host Controller                   
[    3.683636] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: new USB bus registered, assigned bus nu
mber 4                                                                          
[    3.691305] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: Host supports USB 3.0  SuperSpeed      
[    3.697986] usb usb4: We don't know the algorithms for LPM for this host, dis
abling LPM.                                                                     
[    3.706199] usb usb4: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0003, bc
dDevice= 5.01                                                                   
[    3.714473] usb usb4: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=
1                                                                               
[    3.721702] usb usb4: Product: xHCI Host Controller                          
[    3.726587] usb usb4: Manufacturer: Linux 5.1.5-sunxi64 xhci-hcd             
[    3.732599] usb usb4: SerialNumber: xhci-hcd.0.auto                          
[    3.737801] hub 4-0:1.0: USB hub found                                       
[    3.741585] hub 4-0:1.0: 1 port detected                                     
[    3.747246] sun50i-h6-pinctrl 300b000.pinctrl: 300b000.pinctrl supply vcc-pf 
not found, using dummy regulator                                                
[    3.757949] sunxi-mmc 4020000.mmc: Got CD GPIO                               
[    3.787852] sunxi-mmc 4020000.mmc: initialized, max. request size: 16384 KB, 
uses new timings mode                                                           
[    3.797996] sunxi-mmc 4021000.mmc: allocated mmc-pwrseq                      
[    3.851635] mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch, assuming wr
ite-enable                                                                      
[    3.861846] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address 0001                   
[    3.868314] mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 SD 7.44 GiB                                   
[    3.873825]  mmcblk0: p1                                                     
[    4.012657] usb 3-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd       
[    4.033173] sunxi-mmc 4021000.mmc: initialized, max. request size: 16384 KB, 
uses new timings mode                                                           
[    4.059330] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (2 bytes)                   
[    4.066341] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (3 bytes)                   
[    4.071855] sunxi-mmc 4022000.mmc: initialized, max. request size: 2048 KB, u
ses new timings mode                                                            
[    4.081236] gmac-2v5: supplied by vcc33-audio-tv-ephy-mac                    
[    4.088158] random: fast init done                                           
[    4.088966] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1100000.mixer (ops 0xffff000010b2
3d90)                                                                           
[    4.099329] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 6510000.tcon-top (ops 0xffff00001
0b27f78)                                                                        
[    4.107360] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 6515000.lcd-controller (ops 0xfff
f000010b202d0)                                                                  
[    4.115782] sun8i-dw-hdmi 6000000.hdmi: 6000000.hdmi supply hvcc not found, u
sing dummy regulator                                                            
[    4.124967] sun8i-dw-hdmi 6000000.hdmi: Detected HDMI TX controller v2.12a wi
th HDCP (DWC HDMI 2.0 TX PHY)                                                   
[    4.135385] sun8i-dw-hdmi 6000000.hdmi: registered DesignWare HDMI I2C bus dr
iver                                                                            
[    4.143147] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 6000000.hdmi (ops 0xffff000010b23
148)                                                                            
[    4.150653] [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013).      
[    4.157272] [drm] No driver support for vblank timestamp query.              
[    4.163578] [drm] Initialized sun4i-drm 1.0.0 20150629 for display-engine on 
minor 0                                                                         
[    4.171384] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (3 bytes)                   
[    4.179599] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (7 bytes)                   
[    4.188406] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x81 (9 bytes)                   
[    4.196189] usb 3-1: New USB device found, idVendor=05e3, idProduct=0610, bcd
Device= 6.54                                                                    
[    4.204381] usb 3-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[    4.211524] usb 3-1: Product: USB2.1 Hub                                     
[    4.215457] usb 3-1: Manufacturer: GenesysLogic                              
[    4.270008] mmc1: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001                   
[    4.276061] hub 3-1:1.0: USB hub found                                       
[    4.280087] hub 3-1:1.0: 4 ports detected                                    
[    4.308695] mmc2: new DDR MMC card at address 0001                           
[    4.314617] mmcblk2: mmc2:0001 8GTF4R 7.28 GiB                               
[    4.319881] mmcblk2boot0: mmc2:0001 8GTF4R partition 1 4.00 MiB              
[    4.326520] mmcblk2boot1: mmc2:0001 8GTF4R partition 2 4.00 MiB              
[    4.333241]  mmcblk2: p1                                                     
[    4.496746] usb 4-1: new SuperSpeed Gen 1 USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd 
[    4.543628] usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=05e3, idProduct=0626, bcd
Device= 6.54                                                                    
[    4.543635] usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[    4.543640] usb 4-1: Product: USB3.1 Hub                                     
[    4.543645] usb 4-1: Manufacturer: GenesysLogic                              
[    4.564698] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 180x56          
[    4.578504] hub 4-1:1.0: USB hub found                                       
[    4.578801] hub 4-1:1.0: 4 ports detected                                    
[    4.627190] usb 3-1.3: new low-speed USB device number 3 using xhci-hcd      
[    4.653021] sun4i-drm display-engine: fb0: DRM emulated frame buffer device  
[    4.660649] ehci-platform 5311000.usb: EHCI Host Controller                  
[    4.666380] ehci-platform 5311000.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus n
umber 5                                                                         
[    4.675023] ehci-platform 5311000.usb: irq 22, io mem 0x05311000             
[    4.768618] ehci-platform 5311000.usb: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00            
[    4.775041] usb usb5: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002, bc
dDevice= 5.01                                                                   
[    4.783511] usb usb5: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=
1                                                                               
[    4.790909] usb usb5: Product: EHCI Host Controller                          
[    4.800323] usb usb5: Manufacturer: Linux 5.1.5-sunxi64 ehci_hcd             
[    4.810809] usb usb5: SerialNumber: 5311000.usb                              
[    4.820152] hub 5-0:1.0: USB hub found                                       
[    4.828232] hub 5-0:1.0: 1 port detected                                     
[    4.837070] ohci-platform 5311400.usb: Generic Platform OHCI controller      
[    4.847971] ohci-platform 5311400.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus n
umber 6                                                                         
[    4.860358] ohci-platform 5311400.usb: irq 23, io mem 0x05311400             
[    4.871234] usb 3-1.3: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=c31c, b
cdDevice=64.00                                                                  
[    4.883861] usb 3-1.3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber
=0                                                                              
[    4.895521] usb 3-1.3: Product: USB Keyboard                                 
[    4.904175] usb 3-1.3: Manufacturer: Logitech                                
[    4.932764] usb usb6: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0001, bc
dDevice= 5.01                                                                   
[    4.945434] usb usb6: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=
1                                                                               
[    4.956992] usb usb6: Product: Generic Platform OHCI controller              
[    4.967218] usb usb6: Manufacturer: Linux 5.1.5-sunxi64 ohci_hcd             
[    4.977568] usb usb6: SerialNumber: 5311400.usb                              
[    4.986791] hub 6-0:1.0: USB hub found                                       
[    4.994836] hub 6-0:1.0: 1 port detected                                     
[    5.003806] usb_phy_generic usb_phy_generic.3.auto: usb_phy_generic.3.auto su
pply vcc not found, using dummy regulator                                       
[    5.019362] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.4.auto: MUSB HDRC host driver                
[    5.029678] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.4.auto: new USB bus registered, assigned bus 
number 7                                                                        
[    5.042319] usb usb7: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002, bc
dDevice= 5.01                                                                   
[    5.055358] usb usb7: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=
1                                                                               
[    5.067334] usb usb7: Product: MUSB HDRC host driver                         
[    5.076992] usb usb7: Manufacturer: Linux 5.1.5-sunxi64 musb-hcd             
[    5.087666] usb usb7: SerialNumber: musb-hdrc.4.auto                         
[    5.097626] hub 7-0:1.0: USB hub found                                       
[    5.106012] hub 7-0:1.0: 1 port detected                                     
[    5.115635] sun6i-rtc 7000000.rtc: setting system clock to 2019-05-29T14:24:0
2 UTC (1559139842)                                                              
[    5.118988] input: Logitech USB Keyboard as /devices/platform/soc/5200000.dwc
3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb3/3-1/3-1.3/3-1.3:1.0/0003:046D:C31C.0001/input/input1     
[    5.129196] of_cfs_init                                                      
[    5.155245] of_cfs_init: OK                                                  
[    5.163136] vcc33-audio-tv-ephy-mac: disabling                               
[    5.172781] gmac-2v5: disabling                                              
[    5.181111] Freeing unused kernel memory: 704K                               
[    5.200650] Run /init as init process                                        
[    5.205145] hid-generic 0003:046D:C31C.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Key
board [Logitech USB Keyboard] on usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1.3/input0                 
[    5.233717] input: Logitech USB Keyboard Consumer Control as /devices/platfor
m/soc/5200000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb3/3-1/3-1.3/3-1.3:1.1/0003:046D:C31C.0002/
input/input2                                                                    
[    5.313011] input: Logitech USB Keyboard System Control as /devices/platform/
soc/5200000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb3/3-1/3-1.3/3-1.3:1.1/0003:046D:C31C.0002/in
put/input3                                                                      
[    5.334515] hid-generic 0003:046D:C31C.0002: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.10 Dev
ice [Logitech USB Keyboard] on usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1.3/input1                   
[    5.456650] usb 3-1.4: new low-speed USB device number 4 using xhci-hcd      
[    5.517407] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet: PTP uses main clock                
[    5.597886] usb 3-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=c03d, b
cdDevice=20.00                                                                  
[    5.612732] usb 3-1.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber
=0                                                                              
[    5.626534] usb 3-1.4: Product: USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse                       
[    5.636861] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet: Current syscon value is not the def
ault 58000 (expect 50000)                                                       
[    5.638089] usb 3-1.4: Manufacturer: Logitech                                
[    5.653905] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet: No HW DMA feature register supporte
d                                                                               
[    5.678416] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet: RX Checksum Offload Engine supporte
d                                                                               
[    5.692189] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet: COE Type 2                         
[    5.703591] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet: TX Checksum insertion supported    
[    5.716774] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet: Normal descriptors                 
[    5.728732] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet: Chain mode enabled                 
[    5.740823] libphy: stmmac: probed                                           
[    5.751111] mdio_bus stmmac-0: MDIO device at address 1 is missing.          
[    5.813521] input: Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse as /devices/platform/soc/5
200000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb3/3-1/3-1.4/3-1.4:1.0/0003:046D:C03D.0003/input/i
nput4                                                                           
[    5.835252] hid-generic 0003:046D:C03D.0003: input,hidraw2: USB HID v1.10 Mou
se [Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse] on usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1.4/input0          
[    6.669314] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): mounted filesystem with writeback data mode.
 Opts: (null)                                                                   
[    7.577778] systemd[1]: systemd 237 running in system mode. (+PAM +AUDIT +SEL
INUX +IMA +APPARMOR +SMACK +SYSVINIT +UTMP +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +GNUTLS +ACL +
XZ +LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID +ELFUTILS +KMOD -IDN2 +IDN -PCRE2 default-hierarchy=hybr
id)                                                                             
[    7.613790] systemd[1]: Detected architecture arm64.                         
[    7.655636] systemd[1]: Set hostname to <orangepi3>.                         
[    8.087205] systemd[1]: File /lib/systemd/system/systemd-journald.service:36 
configures an IP firewall (IPAddressDeny=any), but the local system does not sup
port BPF/cgroup based firewalling.                                              
[    8.117601] systemd[1]: Proceeding WITHOUT firewalling in effect! (This warni
ng is only shown for the first loaded unit using IP firewalling.)               
[    8.420347] random: systemd: uninitialized urandom read (16 bytes read)      
[    8.433800] systemd[1]: Started ntp-systemd-netif.path.                      
[    8.453003] random: systemd: uninitialized urandom read (16 bytes read)      
[    8.466188] systemd[1]: Reached target System Time Synchronized.             
[    8.485638] random: systemd: uninitialized urandom read (16 bytes read)      
[    8.498906] systemd[1]: Started Dispatch Password Requests to Console Directo
ry Watch.                                                                       
[    8.520368] systemd[1]: Reached target Remote File Systems.                  
[    8.539771] systemd[1]: Started Forward Password Requests to Wall Directory W
atch.                                                                           
[    8.775589] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): re-mounted. Opts: commit=600,errors=remount-
ro                                                                              
[    9.017739] systemd-journald[406]: Received request to flush runtime journal 
from PID 1                                                                      
[   19.704363] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Could not attach to PHY       
[   19.713572] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to 
PHY (error: -19)                                                                
[   19.860404] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Could not attach to PHY       
[   19.869740] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to 
[   20.426231] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Could not attach to PHY       
[   20.435566] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to 
[   20.466588] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Could not attach to PHY       
[   20.475959] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to 
[   20.506370] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: Could not attach to PHY       
[   20.515765] dwmac-sun8i 5020000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to 

orangepi3 login: 

----------

I'm trying to set the console to 1280x768_60 but now there is a kernel panik.

Here my /boot/armbianEnv.txt

verbosity=7
console=both
overlay_prefix=sun50i-h6
rootdev=UUID=5e6d5fb1-968b-4ce0-b6de-cde02149329b
rootfstype=ext4
hdmi.audio=EDID:0 
usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u

[    6.089829] ------------[ cut here ]------------                             
[    6.101201] kernel BUG at arch/arm64/kernel/traps.c:425!                     
[    6.113197] Internal error: Oops - BUG: 0 [#1] SMP                           
[    6.124665] Modules linked in: realtek dwmac_sun8i mdio_mux                  
[    6.136959] Process btrfs (pid: 359, stack limit = 0x(____ptrval____))       
[    6.150260] CPU: 2 PID: 359 Comm: btrfs Not tainted 5.1.5-sunxi64 #5.88.19052
9                                                                               
[    6.164361] Hardware name: OrangePi 3 (DT)                                   
[    6.175247] pstate: 00000005 (nzcv daif -PAN -UAO)                           
[    6.186767] pc : do_undefinstr+0x2a4/0x2c0                                   
[    6.197634] lr : do_undefinstr+0x138/0x2c0                                   
[    6.208447] sp : ffff00001140b6f0                                            
[    6.218453] x29: ffff00001140b6f0 x28: ffff8000736b1a00                      
[    6.230277] x27: 0000000000001600 x26: 0000000000000000                      
[    6.241878] x25: ffff00001019e258 x24: 0000000000000000                      
[    6.253444] x23: 0000000060000005 x22: ffff00001019e038                      
[    6.264994] x21: ffff00001140b890 x20: ffff00001140b750                      
[    6.276330] x19: ffff000010dbc000 x18: 0000000000000000                      
[    6.287403] x17: 0000000000000000 x16: 0000000000000001                      
[    6.298182] x15: 0000000000000000 x14: 0000000000000000                      
[    6.308650] x13: 0000000000000000 x12: 0000000000000000                      
[    6.318821] x11: 0000000000000000 x10: 0000000000000001                      
[    6.328755] x9 : ffff800077bb71c0 x8 : 0000800066e08000                      
[    6.338620] x7 : 0000800066e08000 x6 : ffff00001140b748                      
[    6.348389] x5 : ffff000010e68148 x4 : 0000000000000000                      
[    6.358107] x3 : 00000000d5300000 x2 : ffff000010dc66c8                      
[    6.367712] x1 : ffff000010e68148 x0 : 0000000060000005                      
[    6.377204] Call trace:                                                      
[    6.383724]  do_undefinstr+0x2a4/0x2c0                                       
[    6.391500]  el1_undef+0x10/0x84                                             
[    6.398668]  pagevec_lru_move_fn+0x60/0x158                                  
[    6.406799]  __lru_cache_add+0x80/0x98                                       
[    6.414487]  lru_cache_add_active_or_unevictable+0x6c/0x128                  
[    6.424072]  __handle_mm_fault+0xad0/0xdc0                                   
[    6.432201]  handle_mm_fault+0x108/0x1c8                                     
[    6.440118]  do_page_fault+0x1b8/0x458                                       
[    6.447621]  do_translation_fault+0x64/0x70                                  
[    6.455323]  do_mem_abort+0x3c/0x98                                          
[    6.462098]  el1_da+0x20/0x94                                                
[    6.468330]  __arch_copy_to_user+0x1c0/0x220                                 
[    6.475823]  copy_page_to_iter+0xd0/0x300                                    
[    6.482990]  generic_file_read_iter+0x300/0x8a0                              
[    6.490618]  blkdev_read_iter+0x38/0x48                                      
[    6.497514]  new_sync_read+0xe0/0x140                                        
[    6.504193]  __vfs_read+0x2c/0x38                                            
[    6.510469]  vfs_read+0x90/0x170                                             
[    6.516587]  ksys_read+0x64/0xe8                                             
[    6.522614]  __arm64_sys_read+0x18/0x20                                      
[    6.529189]  el0_svc_common.constprop.0+0x58/0xf0                            
[    6.536643]  el0_svc_handler+0x20/0x78                                       
[    6.543105]  el0_svc+0x8/0xc                                                 
[    6.548708] Code: 2a154035 17ffffac a9025bb5 f9001bb7 (d4210000)             
[    6.557632] ---[ end trace 8beba6d2a83d9491 ]---  

cutting both lines

hdmi.audio=EDID:0 

the board can boot without problems, with black screen of course...

Did you ever figure this one out? I have the same problem on my Orange Pi 3 - it boots with the official image just fine, but HDMI output isn't working.

Funnily enough, it boots perfectly well with the same Armbian version, if I use the Orange Pi Lite 2 image... there has to be something different with the OPi3 image that makes HDMI not work...