Remote Desktop Fun with Armbian

sudo apt install x2goserver
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances       
Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
E: Impossible de trouver le paquet x2goserver <- ( x2goserver not found on 5.66 armbian debian 9 Stretch ) :'((((

On 3/1/2018 at 1:36 PM, pbies said:

For anybody looking for simple solution to run remote desktop on Armbian (Banana Pi):

apt update
apt upgrade
apt install lxde tightvncserver xorg xorgxrdp

Then you can connect from (for example) Windows via mstsc (Remote Desktop) to your Pi.

I like tightvnc it works well on almost all Linux and Windows machines...and client from windows can even use a java client so no need to install software (other than java)

I install it on my kids PC's...hide the start bar icon and run as a service, then can "remotely view" what they are doing...
I also have a headless Win 7 desktop PC (an old quad core acer) w/a 4TB harddrive running my PLEX home server
(I will soon hopefully upgrade to a openmediavault server soon)

This might be useful to someone... (probably me so that I dont forget)

How to get a x2go client running on a cheap TV Box

(running on Caidao T1, S11, BM8 Pro, A5X Max, T95Z Plus, TX9 Pro, MX10)

1. Get Armbian installed and running

Choose the non-desktop version of the ubuntu image, burn sdcard, boot and go thru 1st time setup.

Instructions from:

or 

2. Install the bits to get x2go running

sudo apt update

sudo apt install xserver-xorg xinit pulseaudio x2goclient

edit .xinitrc, add "x2goclient -geometry 1920x1080 --thinclient"

Launch startx and you should be able to set-up x2goclient

??? -  connecting to SL7, if in graphical.target mode, chromium gets weird with z-order. Fix with setting to multiuser.target

Hi guys,

I'm a pretty new owner of a lovely Orange PI Zero H2+, 512Mb, Armbian Bionic.

My pleasure is really depends on you because I spent a lots of time to have an RDP from W10 to my OPI Z over of internet. I already have but...

I'd like more! I mean I want to reach my sweety through internet outside of my pretty home, even to have desktop view. I made the desktop extension setup on Armbian already. I have desktop view through W remote desktop connection within my network.

I already have solutions

1. RDP from w10 to OPI Z, within my home network, with all available feature. https://ibb.co/VLFQ1wc

2. dwservice with no display feature from some unknown reason.  https://ibb.co/Xyzz7S4

In the end of 2020 on Armbian Bionic (which is the current Opsys on my OPI Z), how we are able to reach this little guy over of internet like RDP?

Please share with me your working solution!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.