Yet another WIFI problem (OPI PC)

nikkoaki

Armbianmonitor:

I remember trying to install a usb wifi dongle in the past and while it gave me lots of headaches, i did manage to make it work.

It's been a while since i used wifi (it's been a while since i used the SBC too to be honest).

Today i decided to power it up at least just to update it. When it was installing kernel related stuff, it gave an error stating it couldn't build the 8192cu module (or something like that), the specific log says

scripts/Makefile.build:432: recipe for target '/var/lib/dkms/8192cu/1.10/build/8192cu.o' failed
make[1]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/8192cu/1.10/build/8192cu.o] Error 1
Makefile:1368: recipe for target '_module_/var/lib/dkms/8192cu/1.10/build' failed
make: *** [_module_/var/lib/dkms/8192cu/1.10/build] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4.113-sun8i'

Among a long list of errors.

Anyway, i tried using the usb dongle. While it seems to work at first, it has a strange behavior.

First of all, now instead of only showing only a wlan1 interface, it also shows a wlxxxxxxxxxxxx one. Sometimes it auto connects to my wifi network on one, sometimes it connects with the other. Another strange thing: When it connects, it gets an ip and i can confirm in my router stats page that it's connected but as soon as i disconnect the lan cable, it looses connection with the router.

I have tried most of the things i tried last time i made it work like compiling the rtl8192cu-fixes sources and installing them.
I have 8192cu active in modules.conf, lsmod says that 8188eu is also active.
I'm a newbie in linux and i already lost 3 hours trying to fix this. What am i missing? is the wlxxxxxxxxxxx supposed to show up?

I guess you have all the info you need in the armbianmonitor file, if not, ask away.
Thanks in advance.

Damn, just noticed i probably posted this in the wrong section

[EDIT: Pressed "send" by mistake while still writting)