linux headers missing modpost (linux-headers-dev-odroid)

Armbianmonitor:

I already saw similar posts on this herehere and here

It looks like the combination of Kernel and Kernel-Header 5.89.190617 again is not complete to build own modules. 

Based on the configure script: 

configure:39364: checking whether modules can be built
configure:39393: cp conftest.c conftest.h build && make modules -C /usr/src/linux-headers-5.1.11-odroidxu4 EXTRA_CFLAGS=-Werror -Wframe-larger-than=4096   M=/home/daniel/source/zfs/build
/bin/sh: 1: scripts/mod/modpost: not found
make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 127
make: *** [modules] Error 2

Then I tried to check the headers:

root@odroidxu4:src/linux-headers-5.1.11-odroidxu4 ▒2df16141a*▒# make headers_check
make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/arm/tools/syscall.tbl', needed by 'arch/arm/include/generated/uapi/asm/unistd-common.h'.  Stop.
arch/arm/Makefile:324: recipe for target 'archheaders' failed
make: *** [archheaders] Error 2

Since it was already a few times on the forum and sometime there was a new build created and it was fixed again, I would like to know if I just came over the same error again or if I did something wrong. 

cheers,

Daniel

34 minutes ago, Daniel Andersen said:

again is not complete to build own modules. 

Stable builds = support is as is / best effort. Its also not possible to follow up with the quantity of issues that around. Armbian's few regulars can't fix problems that builds up upstream (www.kernel.org) after 1000+ people poke around a kernel. DEV nightly kernels = support does not exists and welcome to join and dive into the kernel sources, build script. Problem could be made in a kernel sources upstream or in the process of creating a header package ... our packaging patch. Perhaps something is changed and you will need to solve this ... if you need kernel headers with a kernel you want now.

It tried on /usr/src/linux-headers-5.1.12-sunxi for olinuxino A20: same problem (/bin/sh: 1: scripts/mod/modpost: not found)

when I compiled modpost additionaly in headers:

sudo make M=scripts/mod

I could compile my module, so somewhere mod is missing in the "make scripts" even it is listed as subdir ... anyhow it works, but it is not a fix..