A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 hangs during boot after update to latest v5.87

skaringa

Hello,

I installed Armbian 5.84.1 on a A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 a few weeks ago and it works very well:

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.84.1 user-built Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 4.19.38-sunxi

Today I did a simple

apt update && apt upgrade

Now the box doesn't boot any longer. On the serial console I see:

U-Boot 2019.04-armbian (May 08 2019 - 15:28:02 +0300) Allwinner Technology      

CPU:   Allwinner A20 (SUN7I)                                                    
Model: A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 Rev.C

[...]

Starting Armbian memory supported logging...

At this stage the boot process hangs forever. Any help would be appreciated.

Martin

5 minutes ago, skaringa said:

Model: A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 Rev.C

Are you using Armbian from our download site or unofficial build from Olimex? Please supply as much info as possible.

I haven't notice any troubles with my Rev. K so far.

3 hours ago, skaringa said:

This image worked very well several weeks, problems happened after the upgrade today.

We invest huge amount of time that official releases doesn't break on update (in rare cases also happens, but then I don't sleep for few days in a row). For 3rd party builds, this is not possible to provide. I have no idea what Olimex changed in this process and it is too expensive for me to learn that and help you ... From the only possible information you gave is kind of logical since our NEXT kernel is 4.19.y, DEV 5.1.y and here you have 5.0.y ...

Olimex should at least disable kernel updating on their builds to prevent such things.