TinkerBoard MIPI DSI RPI 7" Screen not working anymore

p-i-u.de

Just as a notice the Raspberrry PI 7" DSI Touchscreen was working fine on Armbian with the 4.4 Kernel. Using the current Armbian for Tinkerboard and the 4.19 Kernel it does not work any longer,

nor does it with the current development Kernel 5.1. Does there have to be any special things to be set to get it working again? On the 4.4 Kernel it was working out of the box.

Thanx

On 7/11/2019 at 1:51 AM, TonyMac32 said:

I never had it working on mainline, it was only ever available on 4.4.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ok

I thought you've commited your patches upstream and they went into the mainline kernel. So it seems that your patches did not make it into mainline? 

Ok
I thought you've commited your patches upstream and they went into the mainline kernel. So it seems that your patches did not make it into mainline? 
There are mainline drivers, however I have not attempted to use them as yet. For CSI I have had no luck, for the screen, the Pi display has some quirks that need dealt with and there are few examples, it is different enough from 4.4 that it isn't directly comparable

I built a debian buster Armbian image for TinkerBoard S. I've connected the Raspberry PI DSI display via thin cable and supplied power, but no sign of life on the display. HDMI works perfectly fine.

ArmbianMonitor dump: http://ix.io/2noI  

On 5/26/2020 at 10:21 AM, wooster said:

I built a debian buster Armbian image for TinkerBoard S. I've connected the Raspberry PI DSI display via thin cable and supplied power, but no sign of life on the display. HDMI works perfectly fine.

Bump same for me using mainline 5.8.10. @TonyMac32 thanks for your work on legacy 4.4, any luck trying this with buster?

As was stated only a couple posts above this one, the display was never working with mainline kernels. As the driver has been upstream for a while and gotten some attention I may try it again, however the RPi designed hardware is of course not fully compliant with any standard display module, and could cause some difficulties.