Testing bbcode posting (please delete?)

TRS-80

A brief internet search revealed that Invision board software is supposed to accept bbcode. I wish there was a way to preview this, but it does not appear to be so. Since I prefer to edit my post in Emacs using bbcode mode before posting (I just lost a big post I was working on due to an errant keypress) I hope that it is alright I am testing this functionality. Feel free to delete this once it has been posted... unless somehow you feel it is useful?

Well, here goes...

Size 150

Size 200

bold

italic

underline

link to google

A paragraph.

Another paragraph.

OK, so bold, italic, underline, and links appear to work, but not size changes. I didn't really try other tags.

Oh oops, I just now saw the preview button in the options at the top of the editor. Sorry! :(

quoted text

[style size="30px"]size in pixels[/style]

[style size="200"]size in number[/style]

• Entry A
  • Entry B

1. Entry 1
  2. Entry 2

[table] [tr] [td]table cell 1[/td] [td]table cell 2[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]table cell 3[/td] [td]table cell 4[/td] [/tr] [/table]

I just came across a perfect example.

So I discover that the posted bbcode adds a line feed (and an extra bullet at the top) unless you have it all on the same line. Like so:

[list]

[*]item

[*]item

[/list]

Results in:

•  
  • item

• item

However, if you put it all on one line:

[list][*]item[*]item[/list]

Results in:

• item
  • item

Now, to make that change in Emacs took only a few seconds to make a macro and run down the list making the needed changes, removing the extra spaces. And that (among many other reasons) is why I prefer to edit in a real text editor instead of this java-scripty-web-2.0-thingy. Although the forum does seem to have some quite nice features.