Armbian on X99 Tv Box

amirul

it does not work out of the box with the magicsee dtb - it boots, but can't find the sd card, so some dtb adaption is most probably required - but it at least seems to have connection points for a serial console, so it should be possible to get it working with some effort ... i did just a simple boot test - its not my box

48 minutes ago, hexdump said:

it does not work out of the box with the magicsee dtb - it boots, but can't find the sd card, so some dtb adaption is most probably required - but it at least seems to have connection points for a serial console, so it should be possible to get it working with some effort ... i did just a simple boot test - its not my box

perhaps with the sd card & usb stick it will boot, like the T9

33 minutes ago, hexdump said:

i think for rk3399 maybe simply using a rock-pi 4 or nanopi m4 can sometimes be even cheaper than those $100+ rk3399 tv boxes i guess and they will most probably less troublesome ...

I got my Magicsee-N6-Max for $82.99 on AliExpress :) runs Armbian 5.91 like a champ so far.

Only thing that doesn't work is bluetooth

It works fine with @balbes150 h96max dtb

Im using one as a nextcloud server. Even wireless and bluetooth work if you copy the firmware from /usr/lib/firmware/rkwifi to /usr/lib/firmware/bcrm

I havent figured out booting from eMMC yet so I have u-boot / kernel on an SD card and the root fs on the eMMC. Or you can just boot and run direct from SD. Im using a 256GB SATA SSD on the USB C port and a 12TB hard disk on the USB 3 A port. Performance is pretty good

Try @balbes150 RK3399 Armbian 5.91 TV Box image, it works great. The only issue I found was that there was no display on HDMI initially, the console was set to go to a serial debug port that doesn't exist on that device. After you write the SD card image, mount the boot partition first and modify the extlinux.conf file and add "console=tty1" to get a tty over HDMI and "console=ttyFIQ0,1500000n8" to get a serial console on the debug port. My extlinux.conf file for the X99 is:

LABEL Armbian
  LINUX /Image
  INITRD /uInitrd
  FDT /rk3399-h96max.dtb
  APPEND root=/dev/mmcblk1p1 rootflags=data=writeback rw console=tty1 console=ttyFIQ0,1500000n8 no_console_suspend consoleblank=0 fsck.fix=yes fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0

DTB that Im using attached

rk3399-h96max.dtb

• Werner locked this topic