Armbian Build Stretch/Buster does not install additional packages

I'm running an armbian build under docker (Host = Linux Mint or Ubuntu Bionic).

I ran 

git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/armbian/build

The problem is, in my customize-image.sh script I'm trying to build something that needs to have a package installed before.

My lib.config looks like this:

#DEBIAN_MIRROR='ftp.at.debian.org/debian/'
#DEBOOTSTRAP_LIST="$DEBOOTSTRAP_LIST,apt-transport-https,ca-certificates"

display_alert "Adding additional packages" "PHP 7, Redis, udisk2, dnsmasq, python3, ..." "info"

PACKAGE_LIST_ADDITIONAL="$PACKAGE_LIST_ADDITIONAL php7.0 php7.0-cli php7.0-fpm php7.0-curl php7.0-intl php7.0-redis php7.0-mbstring"
PACKAGE_LIST_ADDITIONAL="$PACKAGE_LIST_ADDITIONAL redis-server udisks2 task-print-server dnsmasq"
PACKAGE_LIST_ADDITIONAL="$PACKAGE_LIST_ADDITIONAL libcups2-dev python-pip python3-dev python3-pip libsodium-dev libffi-dev"

# lib bluetooth for bdaddr script
[[ $BOARD == "orangepizeroplus2-h3" ]] && PACKAGE_LIST_ADDITIONAL="$PACKAGE_LIST_ADDITIONAL bluez bluez-tools libbluetooth-dev"

I get to see the alert output. But the packages are never installed, I don't see them on the screen. Another hint that they are not installed is that my customize script relies on libbluetooth-dev to be installed. And it fails (most probably because libbluetooth-dev is missing).

I also don't see other packages like hostapd, git, ethtool, network-manager being installed that are in the base additional package list.

The output at that point is:

htop is already the newest version (2.2.0-1+b1).
mmc-utils is already the newest version (0+git20180327.b4fe0c8c-1).
sunxi-tools is already the newest version (1.4.2+git20181114.6d598a-3).
hostapd is already the newest version (3:2.7-99~armbian5.86+1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Obiously it reads the PACKAGE_LIST_ADDITIONAL variable, but my additional packages are nowhere...

There is another problem with buster:

I get the output "qemu: Unsupported syscall: 382" in my customize-configuration.sh

34 minutes ago, maracuja said:

There is another problem with buster:

I get the output "qemu: Unsupported syscall: 382" in my customize-configuration.sh

Not problematic.

Provide full install log. Packages are getting installed in the deboostrap process and new cache image is made when/if you change package base. Is it made?
https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/lib/debootstrap.sh#L119

I've attached the output.log

It says:

Displaying message: Checking for local cache buster-cli-armhf.e51...09a.tar.lz4 info
Displaying message: searching on servers

and then:

Extracting ...

So .. no, the new cache image is not made.

How can I enforce this?

output.log

5 hours ago, maracuja said:

So .. no, the new cache image is not made.

How can I enforce this?

Something is wrong. ... lib.config is read, but packages hash - getting unique cache name - is not done properly. When you add packages, hash should change and image should be debootstrapped from scratch. I will try to find & fix this in the morning unless someone else have more time to dig in.