RK3388 - NanoPiM4 - GPIO

cassianokc

Hi Folks, 

I'm testing the M4 board with Armbian Buster, I'm having the following problems with the GPIO:

• How can I use gpio without root? I've checked and there isn't a /dev/gpiomem device so I can give permissions to other users.
  • Only a few of the GPIO pins can be set. Most of them don't show up as configurable through gpio readall. A few of them show as ALT and although I can change their mode (input / output), I cannot change/read their value, it seems those are shared with i2c-3, so this can be the problem, but I don't know how to disable i2c-3 and use them.

Also, can all the 6 cores work at the same time? Or the BIG.little architecture enforces choosing between the fast or the slow ones?

Best regards,

On 7/19/2019 at 2:28 PM, cassianokc said:

Hi Folks, 

I'm testing the M4 board with Armbian Buster, I'm having the following problems with the GPIO:

• How can I use gpio without root? I've checked and there isn't a /dev/gpiomem device so I can give permissions to other users.
  • Only a few of the GPIO pins can be set. Most of them don't show up as configurable through gpio readall. A few of them show as ALT and although I can change their mode (input / output), I cannot change/read their value, it seems those are shared with i2c-3, so this can be the problem, but I don't know how to disable i2c-3 and use them.

Also, can all the 6 cores work at the same time? Or the BIG.little architecture enforces choosing between the fast or the slow ones?

Best regards,

hello i have exact same probleme on my NanopiM4 with Armbian Bionic.

Did you find a solution ?