espressobin emmc boot

Hi

I want to boot from emmc(all bootloader ,rootfs and kernel are in emmc).

Now I can boot kernel from SD card and emmc (bootloader in spi nor flash.), and it works well.

At present ,I have got the flash-image.bin by  ATF using BOOTDEV=EMMCNORM  option and copy this one to emmc partition 1(mmcblk0p1  179:1    0  7.3G  0 part)

Then i changed the jumper to emmc boot mode and reboot the board ,but uboot can not up .The output just show ">"  "E"

Can anyone tell me how should I do.

Thanks 

I have boot from emmc successfully using  espressobin-emmcloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-2cs-1g-atf-g39a62a1-uboot-g14aeedc-20180601-REL.bin which provided by armbian .

But the board still can not boot using flash-image-bin which i build as espressobin wiki said.

The problem is why their size are very different.

The espressobin-emmcloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-2cs-1g-atf-g39a62a1-uboot-g14aeedc-20180601-REL.bin is only 828732 Byte

But the image which i build flash-image.bin is 4194304Byte. And the mmc boot partition is only 2M .

Thansk 

Hi jasonz@silicom.co.il,

how did you set up/format your SD card? How exactly did you copy the U-Boot binary on it to make it work? I am struggling with a similar problem, using the Espressobin v5. Also where exactly did you find that image you mentioned (espressobin-emmcloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-2cs-1g-atf-g39a62a1-uboot-g14aeedc-20180601-REL.bin)? I cannot find it.

Best regards,

Andre

On 9/13/2019 at 10:39 PM, Shirohige said:

Hi jasonz@silicom.co.il,

how did you set up/format your SD card? How exactly did you copy the U-Boot binary on it to make it work? I am struggling with a similar problem, using the Espressobin v5. Also where exactly did you find that image you mentioned (espressobin-emmcloader-cpu-1000-ddr4-2cs-1g-atf-g39a62a1-uboot-g14aeedc-20180601-REL.bin)? I cannot find it.

Best regards,

Andre

Hi Shirohige,

About how to set up/format on SD card ,you can refer to espressobin wiki http://wiki.espressobin.net/tiki-index.php?page=Boot+from+removable+storage+-+Buildroot

I assume that you ask how to copy the U-Boot bin to emmc .

You can try below:(mmcblk0 is mmc device)

echo 0 | tee /sys/block/mmcblk0boot0/force_ro

dd if=flash-image.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0boot0 conv=fdatasync

Don't forget to change the jumper to eMMC boot mode.

I download the Binary from here https://dl.armbian.com/espressobin/u-boot/