use OPIone microusb for touch in a waveshare screen instead of usb

Younes_Thabet

Hello all,

I have a 5" waveshare touch screen connected (touch screen cable) to an orange pi one through usb with a separate power cable for screen, and it works fine. but when I used the (microusb to microusb cable) for the touch  it doesn't work..

is there any way to make it work!? because i need the usb for something else and i can't use a usb hub for it's too big for my application.

Regards, 

26 minutes ago, Younes_Thabet said:

excuse me sir, could you show me the file where i can find the dr_mode!? i am a noob.

In DT ( DeviceTree ), but it doesn't seems enough ...

I will try to figure out, since I've made such things few years ago !

I will keep you posted when I get it working ...

3 hours ago, Younes_Thabet said:

excuse me sir, could you show me the file where i can find the dr_mode!? i am a noob.

Ok ! You probably have this error in "dmesg" like I got :

sun4i-usb-phy 1c19400.phy: Couldn't request ID GPIO

This is a bug probably introduced several months ago !

I don't have yet a real solution/fix, but at least I have a workaround :

Download the DT compiler using "wget http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/device-tree-compiler/device-tree-compiler_1.4.7-3_armhf.deb " , and then installing it using "dpkg -i device-tree-compiler_1.4.7-3_armhf.deb"

Then, decompile current DTB into DTS using "dtc -@ -I dtb -O dts -o sun8i-h3-orangepi-one.dts /boot/dtb/sun8i-h3-orangepi-one.dtb".

Edit this DTS to change "dr_mode" from "otg" to "host" in the "usb@1c19000" node, and comment out the "usb0_id_det-gpios" line in the "phy@1c19400" node.

Recompile DTB from this DTS "dtc -@ -I dts -O dtb -o /boot/dtb/sun8i-h3-orangepi-one.dtb sun8i-h3-orangepi-one.dts" and then reboot. The USB0 should be powered ...