1 1
papahippo

How - and how NOT - to get wifi working on OrangePiOne

spent most of today trying to get a USB-wifi adapter working on my OrangePiOne... connman_ctl wpa_supplicant (with and without wpa_cli), iw... you name it, I've probably tried it.

Then, when restarting for the umpteenth time, in a rare moment of diminished stupidity, I actually read the "message of the (every) day" which is shown when you login successfully, It mentioned 'armbian-config' ... which i decided to give a try... Five minutes later I had working wifi - which works again after a restart without further configuration!

So, a note to myself: be sure to RTFM (= Read the Fabulous Message of the day)!

At least this was on my home project, so I don't have the additional guilt of charging a client for the wasted hours!

Larry (aka papahippo)

1 hour ago, papahippo said:

It mentioned 'armbian-config' ... which i decided to give a try... Five minutes later I had working wifi - which works again after a restart without further configuration!

Fine that it worked. 

So armbian is using the network-manager you can also use the command nmtui to configure your network devices ;)
(BUT keep in mind to enter the networkadress for eth0/wlan0 like 192.168.6.76/24)

Welcome to armbian :)