Video : How to install Armbian on a SBC + Set up of Destkop + install on external device

On 8/13/2019 at 8:17 PM, NicoD said:

how to install Armbian

You focus on the customization of the desktop, but way too little for the newbee on what to look for on the armbian download site !

This is where most stumble and could really need some guidance. For example https://www.armbian.com/pine-h64/ just below the download button you find information what maybe not working. Rock Pi4 seems to be perfect image :lol:, no drawbacks mentioned there. But there is the button Check other download options.. what is it there for and why?

In conclusion, I would make two Videos :

Install Armbian on an SBC - 1/2 how to download and install ( RockPi4B )

Install Armbian on an SBC - 2/2 Desktop Set up - Install to NVMe ( RockPi4B )

Last, but not least - you suggest several programs to install, why not place the code in the comment section of the video:

sudo apt install  mate-config  and so on.

Reading the comment section - people who watched it mostly appreciate your tipps for customization of XFCE... while for this you probably find 10-40 videos.

I don't want to be negative, but your title is Install Armbian on an SBC and this was too short for my taste.

1 hour ago, Tido said:

ou focus on the customization of the desktop, but way too little for the newbee on what to look for on the armbian download site !

I could indeed have put a lot more info into it. Someone asked me about my dektop setup. So I quickly made this video.

Sorry you don't like it. Cheers.

41 minutes ago, Tido said:

It says everywhere "Install on Armbian" if a 12min Video needs 2:22 minutes for the installation... answer it yourself.

A title can only be that long. How should I have called it otherwise? This is the title : Install Armbian on an SBC - Desktop Set up - Install to NVMe ( RockPi4B )
It is just my standard install that I've done so many times that I show. I advertise Armbian with it, and nobody pays me to do it.
I can't change the video once it's made.
If you want it done better. I'm going to make a video about building armbian.
You could write something that you want in it, or give suggestions.
Cheers

i already did that in my post above ?

// sent from mobile phone //

Edit:

I love titles on YouTube that promise but don't hold.

If I read how to install, I, I mean I personally would expect a video that leads me step by step through that process – imagine it is my first time with Linux und SBC. And then ich klick on your install video.

Edited by Tido
why the title is deceptive

6 hours ago, Tido said:

If I read how to install, I, I mean I personally would expect a video that leads me step by step through that process – imagine it is my first time with Linux und SBC. And then ich klick on your install video.

I try not to aim at the total noobs with my videos. I expect people who watch my videos to know what an SBC is, and how to write an image to an SD-card.
I think ETA-Prime is better for you. He's a noob explaining to other noobs ;) Try to learn from him :) Then later on maybe again watch one of my videos again ;)

No hard feelings, just messing a bit.