NanoPC T4 debug usart port pinout?

cjstarr

Greetings,

I have scoured every source I could find, but could only find images that hinted at it.
I need 1) to know the pinout of the 4-pin debug usart port on the NanoPC T4, and possibly

2) to find a good alternative to PuTTY that can  handle the high(?) bit-rate I see in

dmesg output (under Armbian debian Stretch).

I've tried those implied by the images, and though my Windows 7 PC sees a new COM

port (and the driver installed clean) for my new DTECH USB to TTL Serial 3.3V Adapter

Cable (TX RX Signal with 4 Pin 0.1 inch Pitch Female Socket PL2303 Prolific Chip for

Windows 10 8 7 XP Vista (6ft, Black)), I'm unable to access it via PuTTY.

This may have to do with the high base_baud value of 1500000 bps that dmesg reports

for tty devices, while Putty only supports up to 128000 bps. If I can't use PuTTY, does

there exist an alternative "serial" emulator which CAN handle this (rather high) bit rate?

Thanks in advance. I know someone here can point me in the right direction.

Regards,

CJS

PuTTY supports 1500000 bps but the PL2303 does not. The data sheet for the PL2303 shows that it works up to 3 Mbps but it only supports certain discrete baud rates. You need to use a USB serial adapter with an FT232R chip to support 1500000 bps. I've heard that CH340 also works but I have only tested and confirmed with FT232R.

Thanks much. I checked the three data sheets, PL2303, FT232R, and CH340. PL2303 clearly states only specific baud rates (not mine - should have done this ahead of time), but CH340 specifically lists 1500000 up to 2M, "and so on.", so I'll assume 2M as a reasonable ceiling. Will look for adapters with either FT232R or CH340. Again thanks. Will pay closer attention to detail next time.

CJS

w/r/t the board debug port pinout, I looked again at the wiki for NanoPC T4, and did finally find a pinout assignment and board diagram. With a little magnification, I could see the pin designation abbreviations on the debug header. Looking at the AutoCAD drawing from the link on the wiki, the header pin designations are marked from top to bottom as GND, 5V, TX, RX. So now I know how I should connect the FT232BL adapter cable's connectors, when it arrives.

I thank you for pointing me back to where I'd looked but given up before without looking far enough.

CJS