Repository uploader 2.0

Igor

I manage to refactor repository and package manipulation and a part of this is repo uploader.

Welcome to test adding - currently only beta.armbian.com is adjusted:
https://github.com/armbian/upload/tree/beta.armbian.com

Please note if something is unclear to adjust "how-to". File size limitation still exists :(

@ning  @gprovost @chwe @TonyMac32 

Cool Igor, but I still don't think this is a viable solution to use github as a dpkg spool

1. upload size limitation

2. as of today object size of the repo is 1.28GB... for a structure of empty folders.

I thought you setup SFTP ? I understand you have enough on your plate and one more service to administer is tiring.

I remember @lanefu mentioning using AWS SFTP service for S3, could be an easy solution for this use case.

Or if you want to make it even simpler we can just use directly S3 command line and use a cheap object service like backblaze B2. For our usage it should turn up free for most month, and not exceed 0.20 $ / month in worst case.

But I understand the thing that git provide and that we should produce in a way or another is the Pull Request / Merge and the email notification that goes along.

In first place I wanted to store the debs I created on Github as well, though dropped the plan as the file size limitations is quite annoying. That is why I utilized owncloud to store and share them.

Its (always) a compromise ;)

The primary reason for this upgrade is to have a better working solution for easy experimenting with things as such: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/11424-playing-with-limamesa-mali-drivers/ 

Initial upload repository size will be addressed (recreating/truncating), while for upload limit, there is nothing I can do. On the other hand Github has advantages, like existing user management ... for one user this is not a problem.

The bulk of the job surrounding this change is elsewhere - package management RFC - rebuild is done much faster/in parallel, cleaning is more efficient ... 

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Its (always) a compromise ;)

The primary reason for this upgrade is to have a better working solution for easy experimenting with things as such: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/11424-playing-with-limamesa-mali-drivers/ 

Initial upload repository size will be addressed (recreating/truncating), while for upload limit, there is nothing I can do. On the other hand Github has advantages, like existing user management ... for one user this is not a problem.

Well.. looks like Igor has a solution for now :)

12 hours ago, gprovost said:

I thought you setup SFTP ? I understand you have enough on your plate and one more service to administer is tiring.

I remember @lanefu mentioning using AWS SFTP service for S3, could be an easy solution for this use case.

Anyway if it comes up again. I'm glad to set it up. I don't mind covering the cost as it should be modest.