Rock64 won't boot with armbian after "apt upgrade"

plizt

I have the Rock64 4G Version with emmc module

Since the latest Kernel Update two weeks ago on friday the board does not boot up anymore. (I was on Stretch initially and updated regularly since.)

Even with a newly flashed sd card and without emmc module the board will not but into armbian. I managed to boot into raspbian buster 5.91 once, but after rebooting it, it failed again and stayed that way.

until now I have tried the latest 3 images. The Kernel is now 4.4182 and is unchanged whatever I do.

with any armbian on an sd card i am getting:
Failed to start armbian zram config - failed to start journal service
Failed to flush Journal to Persitent Storage
rockchip64 #6
and at some point the boot sequence stops with something like: work_pending+0x10/0x14
or I am getting consistent timeouts from "waiting for device" 

with the original emmc card it gives me:

BUG: spinlock bad magic on CPU#2

goes to:

secondary_start_kernel +0x190/0xbc

0x2cxa188

repeats and stops there

also since the beginning I sometimes get: "fixing recursive fault. Reboot is needed!" - without reboot improving anything of course..

I am afraid that at this point of failure notices and kernel panics I have no idea how to proceed anymore.

For anyone interested: it took me quite a while to check that I am not able to boot into armbian 5.88 to 5.91 neither with sd nor emmc.

(Concerning mainly Debian but also Ubuntu)

BUT I am able to boot with a manjaro image as well as with the ayufan ubuntu bionic minimal image.

Would be interesting to find out what changed since december when I first set up the board with an armbian image..