apache and bind9

anuj9122

Hello

I want to host 5 websites on cubieboard 1.So i decided to install bind9 for dns to add godaddy and bigrock. Please understand wan and  lan in this. wan is 122.157.152.57 and lan is 192.168.1.2.Some applications are working and some are not.bind9 Dns is already added to godaddy and rockbig.

Apache: Not working on wan, At domian projectok.com it goes to modem or router login (ip address: 192.168.1.1) and on lan i can see test html page

webmin:  working on all wan,lan and domain

proftpd: Not working on wan,lan and domain

qbittorrent: working on all wan,lan and domain

I search and find out there is a resolv file in /etc that i can edit and save but after reboot it revert back to 192.168.1.1

my issue is i want to host 5 websites and ftp that is not working.Please see attachment of confs file of bind9 , hosts and resolv.

named.conf.zip

2 hours ago, anuj9122 said:

I search and find out there is a resolv file in /etc that i can edit and save but after reboot it revert back to 192.168.1.1

Reading "man resolved.conf" will help you to figure out, /etc/resolved.conf is created during boot using defaults from /etc/systemd/resolved.conf ...

Your address 192.168.1.2 is it delivry by DHCP or it's a static address ?

The file /etc/resolv.conf is rewrite per NetworkManager when you receive your address from DHCP

To separate administrative web tools (lan) and user/client web tools (wan)
do with Apache two virtual host
The first : user/client web tools (wan) on port 80 and 443
The second : administrative web tools (lan) on port 8080

With the firewall (iptable or iptable gui ) open on wan only port 80 and 443

Thanks for replying

Your address 192.168.1.2 is it delivry by DHCP or it's a static address ?

-> DHCP by router but in cubieboard use static.

The first : user/client web tools (wan) on port 80 and 443
The second : administrative web tools (lan) on port 8080

-> Port 80 and 443 is blocked my isp so i want to  use 8000 and 8001

With the firewall (iptable or iptable gui ) open on wan only port 80 and 443

-.> not installed any firewall by me.Also checked in webmin no firewall installed.Does armbian comes with firewall? How to check firewall installed?

Port 80 and 443 is blocked by isp so i want to use 8000 and 8001 (ssl).For dns 53 port is open and dns is working fine.Checked by all online tools.When i put ns1.abc.com and ns2.abc.com in bigrock.com , website is not working.I  think port 80 is blocked so i want to use 8000 instead of 80.

Please guide me with commands to use to do this all

In case, both IP address are static, write your your DNS sever in /etc/resolv.conf : nameserver 'dns_IP_address'

If one IP address from DHCP, network-manager will re-write resolv.conf with data from DHCP

If the DNS from DHCP is not good, you must fix a static address one each interface and write manually resolv.conf

What is this ?????? internet access blocking port 80 and 443
Are you sur port 8000 or 8001 are open ; for user, prefer port 8080, some internet browser block no standard port ( i have had this problem with port 8000 and must move to 8080 )

For the firewall, normally all Armbian have installed IPTABLES ( it's the native linux firewall ) but it's only on command line

I never used webmin but i think it said "not installed" because there are not filtering rules

https://doxfer.webmin.com/Webmin/Linux_Firewall

Hi igor. Could you please tell me which options i need to choose to build

boot from nand ,system on sata

I am using this option but i cannt find this option to install boot from nand ,system on sata

full os image for flashing -->   show a kernal configuration menu before compilation --> show csc/wip/eos/tvb --> i understand and agree --> cubieboard --> next --> xenial --> image with console interface (server) --> standard image for console interface

Hi

Coming back to resolv.conf file.I dont have static ip address so i am using dns ( freednsafraid ) .So my outer link is hmail.hmail.us. I want i can also access from internal network.So please guide me. When i enter hmail.hmail.us into browser i get the router login page that is 192.168.1.1. But i want to get this ip 192.168.1.55.

The 10.0.0.0.1 is actually a mis-typed wrong IP address that someone types when they add an extra zero in the URL, ideally the correct keyword is 10.0.0.1 and is used as the default gateway address for Xfinity router admin settings and few other router brands. This IP address is also referred to as a router IP which falls under private Class -A IP address range.

However, note that apart from 10.0.0.1, you would find numerous IP addresses that routers use as their default gateway like 192.168.0.1 and 10.1.10.1. At times it usually gets difficult to remember your Wi-Fi network name also known as SSID. Moreover, it is normal for you to change the password from time to time for security reasons. The easiest way to do that is to know properly about 10.0.0.1. So let’s assess how important it is to know about 10.0.0.1.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.