4kp30 video on Orange Pi Lite and mainline hardware acceleration

genesys

I was not aware of that option. My bad.

I only had to left out --enable-libopencv because even if installed it cannot be seen. Don't know why.

Anyway, after ffmpeg and mpv rebuilt anything changed.

> ffmpeg
ffmpeg version n4.0.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1)
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=0ubuntu0.18.04.1 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264 --enable-shared --enable-v4l2-request --enable-libudev
  libavutil      56. 14.100 / 56. 14.100
  libavcodec     58. 18.100 / 58. 18.100
  libavformat    58. 12.100 / 58. 12.100
  libavdevice    58.  3.100 / 58.  3.100
  libavfilter     7. 16.100 /  7. 16.100
  libavresample   4.  0.  0 /  4.  0.  0
  libswscale      5.  1.100 /  5.  1.100
  libswresample   3.  1.100 /  3.  1.100
  libpostproc    55.  1.100 / 55.  1.100
Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

The reason is here:

[vd] Trying hardware decoding via h264_v4l2m2m-v4l2m2m-copy.
[vd] Using underlying hw-decoder 'h264_v4l2m2m'
[ffmpeg] h264_v4l2m2m: Could not find a valid device
[ffmpeg] h264_v4l2m2m: can't configure decoder
[vd] Could not open codec.
[vd] Falling back to software decoding.

Please check the attached log for details

mpv_log_201909251312

I'm not sure what to say, most likely your installation of customized ffmpeg didn't replace all ffmpeg libraries installed from repository (likely, because mpv doesn't complain about wrong version). This procedure worked well for me with ALARM rootfs.

I've got ffmpeg working with v4l2_request api on Allwinner H3 (orange pi pc).

It achieved in a few steps:

1. Download FFmpeg https://github.com/xbmc/FFmpeg/archive/4.0.4-Leia-18.4.tar.gz

2. Patch it with https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/tree/master/packages/multimedia/ffmpeg/patches

3. Download mainline kernel 5.3.5

4. Patch it with https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/tree/master/projects/Allwinner/patches/linux

5. Copy linux headers on rootfs /usr/include after kernel built:

make headers_install ARCH=arm INSTALL_HDR_PATH=/your/path/to/headers

6. Install libdrm-dev and libudev-dev before configuring FFmpeg

7. Configure FFmpeg with:

/configure --enable-v4l2-request --enable-libudev --enable-libdrm --enable-shared --disable-static \
--disable-openssl --disable-gray --disable-vaapi --disable-vdpau --disable-rkmpp

8. Build FFmpeg on the target machine (orange pi pc in my case)

That's it )

ffmpeg -re -hwaccel drm -i Big_Buck_Bunny_720_10s_2MB.mp4 out.avi

FFmpeg perfectly uses HW acceleration on decoding H264.

22 hours ago, gounthar said:

5.3 kernel is not available for this board

linux-5.3.5 mainline kernel is actually no matter the board it is going to run on. Your OrangePi One has H3 onboard and the kernel has the device tree for your board (sun8i-h3-orangepi-one.dts). I don't really see any problem to try it out.

I figured out how to compile the mentioned version of ffmpeg, but without the patches for the time being, because I have yet to understand which ones are useful.

ffmpeg
ffmpeg version 4.0.4-Kodi Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1)
  configuration: --pkg-config-flags=--static --prefix=/home/poddingue/bin --extra-cflags=-I/home/poddingue/bin/include --extra-ldflags=-L/home/poddingue/bin/lib --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/include --extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib --bindir=/home/poddingue/bin --enable-debug=3 --enable-vaapi --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --disable-debug --enable-gpl --cpu=native --enable-opengl --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --extra-libs=-lpthread --enable-nonfree --arch=arm
  libavutil      56. 14.100 / 56. 14.100
  libavcodec     58. 18.100 / 58. 18.100
  libavformat    58. 12.100 / 58. 12.100
  libavdevice    58.  3.100 / 58.  3.100
  libavfilter     7. 16.100 /  7. 16.100
  libswscale      5.  1.100 /  5.  1.100
  libswresample   3.  1.100 /  3.  1.100
  libpostproc    55.  1.100 / 55.  1.100
usage: ffmpeg [options] [[infile options] -i infile]... {[outfile options] outfile}...

Use -h to get full help or, even better, run 'man ffmpeg'

The board is running

Linux captation-techforum-zero-1 5.3.9-sunxi #19.11.3 SMP Mon Nov 18 18:49:43 CET 2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

So there is hope that one day I manage to compile everything correctly and get hardware acceleration for encoding h.264.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:38 PM, gounthar said:

and get hardware acceleration for encoding h.264

You won't get hardware acceleration for encoding h264 because v4l2_request api available for decoding only.

If you want to get hardware acceleration for encoding you should:

1. download mainline linux-4.20.17

2. clone repo https://github.com/uboborov/sunxi-cedar-mainline

3. replace or modify device tree files from folder 4.20.17 of the repo (add CMA node and VE node) in the kernel folder

4. build the kernel following instructions from 4.20.17 folder

5. build the cedrus driver from the stage 2

6. clone repo https://github.com/uboborov/ffmpeg_h264_H3 and follow the instructions in the readme file to build ffmpeg with hw h264 support or

7. clone repo https://github.com/uboborov/cedrus to build standalone h264 encoder and use it somehow like:

insmod sunxi_cedar.ko
ffmpeg -f v4l2 -video_size 640x480 -i /dev/video0 -pix_fmt nv12 -r 25 -f rawvideo pipe: | ./h264enc - 640 480 test.h264

19 hours ago, ubobrov said:

If you want to get hardware acceleration for encoding you should:

1. download mainline linux-4.20.17

2. clone repo https://github.com/uboborov/sunxi-cedar-mainline

3. replace or modify device tree files from folder 4.20.17 of the repo (add CMA node and VE node) in the kernel folder

4. build the kernel following instructions from 4.20.17 folder

5. build the cedrus driver from the stage 2

So, I've built the kernel and you repo on the Zero, because I don't have an Armbian build machine anymore.
Should I go the old x86 way of installing the kernel, like

make modules_install && make install

I guess it's way more subtle on an ARM SBC. :wacko:

Spoiler

libavcodec/cedrus264.c: In function 'cedrus264_encode_init':
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:242:16: error: implicit declaration of function 've_get'; did you mean 've_free'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  c4->ve_regs = ve_get(VE_ENGINE_AVC, 0);
                ^~~~~~
                ve_free
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:242:23: error: 'VE_ENGINE_AVC' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'HAVE_INLINE_ASM'?
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
                       HAVE_INLINE_ASM
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:242:23: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:251:22: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct ve_mem'
  writel(c4->input_buf->phys, c4->ve_regs + VE_ISP_INPUT_LUMA);
                      ^~
libavcodec/cedrus264.c: In function 'cedrus264_encode':
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:296:2: error: too few arguments to function 've_flush_cache'
  ve_flush_cache(c4->input_buf);
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from libavcodec/cedrus264.c:42:
libavcodec/arm/sunxi/ve.h:29:6: note: declared here
 void ve_flush_cache(void *start, int len);
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:299:2: error: too few arguments to function 've_flush_cache'
  ve_flush_cache(c4->output_buf);
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
libavcodec/cedrus264.c: In function 'cedrus264_close':
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:357:2: error: implicit declaration of function 've_put'; did you mean 've_wait'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  ve_put();
  ^~~~~~
  ve_wait
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make: *** [common.mak:49: libavcodec/cedrus264.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Regarding the ffmpeg build, I must have missed something, because this is what I got with gcc 8.3.0.

1 hour ago, gounthar said:

So, I've built the kernel and you repo on the Zero, because I don't have an Armbian build machine anymore.
Should I go the old x86 way of installing the kernel, like

make modules_install && make install

I guess it's way more subtle on an ARM SBC. :wacko:

i build ffmpeg and libvdpau-sunxi on the target device.

kernel and other tools i build on the host machine.

i build kernel without modules.

all drivers are builtin

for my tests i use the armbian image on the SD card. i simply copy the kernel (zImage), device tree blob (dtb) and customized boot script (boot.scr) to the /boot folder on the SD and reboot the board

boot script (script.cmd) looks like that:

setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait panic=10
load mmc 0:1 0x43000000 /boot/sun8i-h2-plus-orangepi-zero-4.20.17.dtb
load mmc 0:1 0x42000000 /boot/zImage-4.20.17
bootz 0x42000000 - 0x43000000

11 minutes ago, gounthar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

libavcodec/cedrus264.c: In function 'cedrus264_encode_init':
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:242:16: error: implicit declaration of function 've_get'; did you mean 've_free'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
                ^~~~~~
                ve_free
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:242:23: error: 'VE_ENGINE_AVC' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'HAVE_INLINE_ASM'?
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
                       HAVE_INLINE_ASM
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:242:23: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:251:22: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct ve_mem'
                      ^~
libavcodec/cedrus264.c: In function 'cedrus264_encode':
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:296:2: error: too few arguments to function 've_flush_cache'
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:299:2: error: too few arguments to function 've_flush_cache'
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
libavcodec/cedrus264.c: In function 'cedrus264_close':
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:357:2: error: implicit declaration of function 've_put'; did you mean 've_wait'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  ve_put();
  ^~~~~~
  ve_wait
make: *** [common.mak:49: libavcodec/cedrus264.o] Error 1

Regarding the ffmpeg build, I must have missed something, because this is what I got with gcc 8.3.0.

perhaps you have lost some steps on building ffmpeg or done something wrong.

on the target device:

git clone https://github.com/stulluk/FFmpeg-Cedrus.git
git clone https://github.com/uboborov/ffmpeg_h264_H3.git
cp /root/ffmpeg_h264_H3/cedrus264.c /root/FFmpeg-Cedrus/libavcodec/cedrus264.c
cp -R /root/ffmpeg_h264_H3/sunxi /root/FFmpeg-Cedrus/libavcodec/arm
apt-get install libpulse-dev libv4l-dev libmp3lame-dev libx264-dev

cd FFmpeg-Cedrus

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-vdpau --enable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libpulse --enable-libv4l2 

make -j 4
make install

Thanks a lot. I am currently testing on another machine with an earlier version of gcc (7.x). Here is the list of commands I used:

sudo apt-get install -y build-essential libncurses-dev bison flex libssl-dev libelf-devx libmp3lame-dev libpulse-dev libv4l-dev libx264-dev libasound2-dev
git clone https://github.com/stulluk/FFmpeg-Cedrus.git
cp ffmpeg_h264_H3/cedrus264.c FFmpeg-Cedrus/libavcodec/cedrus264.c
cp -vraxu ffmpeg_h264_H3/sunxi/ FFmpeg-Cedrus/libavcodec/arm/
cd FFmpeg-Cedrus/
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-vdpau --enable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libpulse --enable-libv4l2
make -j2

I got the same error with the older version of gcc:

Spoiler

libavcodec/cedrus264.c: In function ‘cedrus264_encode_init’:
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:242:16: error: implicit declaration of function ‘ve_get’; did you mean ‘ve_free’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
                ^~~~~~
                ve_free
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:242:23: error: ‘VE_ENGINE_AVC’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘HAVE_INLINE_ASM’?
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
                       HAVE_INLINE_ASM
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:251:22: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ‘struct ve_mem’
                      ^~
libavcodec/cedrus264.c: In function ‘cedrus264_encode’:
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:296:2: error: too few arguments to function ‘ve_flush_cache’
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from libavcodec/cedrus264.c:42:0:
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:299:2: error: too few arguments to function ‘ve_flush_cache’
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from libavcodec/cedrus264.c:42:0:
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
libavcodec/cedrus264.c: In function ‘cedrus264_close’:
libavcodec/cedrus264.c:357:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘ve_put’; did you mean ‘ve_wait’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  ve_put();
  ^~~~~~
  ve_wait
common.mak:49: recipe for target 'libavcodec/cedrus264.o' failed
make: *** [libavcodec/cedrus264.o] Error 1
root@captation-techforum-zero-1:/usr/src/linux/FFmpeg-Cedrus# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/7/lto-wrapper
Target: arm-linux-gnueabihf
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-7/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,ada,c++,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --with-gcc-major-version-only --program-suffix=-7 --program-prefix=arm-linux-gnueabihf- --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --with-default-libstdcxx-abi=new --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-libitm --disable-libquadmath --disable-libquadmath-support --enable-plugin --enable-default-pie --with-system-zlib --with-target-system-zlib --enable-objc-gc=auto --enable-multiarch --enable-multilib --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-arch=armv7-a --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16 --with-float=hard --with-mode=thumb --disable-werror --enable-multilib --enable-checking=release --build=arm-linux-gnueabihf --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf
Thread model: posix
gcc version 7.4.0 (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1)

i have never bump into building error of the ffmpeg on armbian+orange pi pc or pi zero.

as far as i heard some errors could appear because of memory lack on the building host.

i recommend you to try configure ffmpeg with

--disable-static --enable-shared 

options to reduce memory usage during linkage.

3 hours ago, visitoid said:

Which OS version should I use Ubuntu or Debian? What kernel? I just want to watch a movie? The steps are the same?

i don't know what you should use. i can only tell you what i use. everything except ffmpeg and libvdpau-sunxi i build on

Linux  4.15.0-70-generic #79~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 12 14:01:10 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc (crosstool-NG linaro-1.13.1-4.7-2013.04-20130415 - Linaro GCC 2013.04) 4.7.3 20130328 (prerelease) 4.3.3

ffmpeg and libvdpau-sunxi i build on the target device (orange pi zero or pc in my case)

Linux gateway 4.20.17 #3 SMP Tue Nov 12 17:19:54 MSK 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux
gcc (Debian 6.3.0-18+deb9u1) 6.3.0 20170516
BOARD=orangepizero
BOARD_NAME="Orange Pi Zero"
BOARDFAMILY=sun8i
BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/rkbin
BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=51d55a4
VERSION=5.90
LINUXFAMILY=sunxi
BRANCH=next
ARCH=arm
IMAGE_TYPE=stable
BOARD_TYPE=conf
INITRD_ARCH=arm
KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=zImage

if you want to watch a movie on your target board you have to build more tools than just ffmpeg. i don't know what exactly tools you do need.

Here the step-by-step instruction how to build and test the encoder from scratch on Orange PI zero board

it has been written and tested today.

Spoiler

1. download https://dl.armbian.com/_old/orangepizero/archive/Armbian_5.90_Orangepizero_Debian_buster_next_4.19.57.7z
2. extract image
3. write image to SD card:
    dd if=Armbian_5.90_Orangepizero_Debian_buster_next_4.19.57.img of=/dev/sdf_your_drive_letter bs=4096
4. sudo apt update
5. sudo apt-get install libpixman-1-dev libvdpau-dev libpulse-dev libv4l-dev libmp3lame-dev libx264-dev xvfb x11-xkb-utils xserver-xorg-core
6. download the kernel from https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.20.17.tar.gz
7. unpack the kernel to linux-4.20.17
8. modify file linux-4.20.17/arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-h3.dtsi:
   comment out or remove node video-codec@01c0e000
   add nodes:
    reserved-memory {
        #address-cells = <1>;
        #size-cells = <1>;
        ranges;

cma_pool: cma@4a000000 {
            compatible = "shared-dma-pool";
            size = <0x6000000>;
            reusable;
            linux,cma-default;
        };
    };

ve: video-engine@01c0e000 {
            compatible = "allwinner,sunxi-cedar-ve";
            reg = <0x01c0e000 0x1000>,
                  <0x01c00000 0x10>,
                  <0x01c20000 0x800>;
            memory-region = <&cma_pool>;      
            syscon = <&syscon>;         
            clocks = <&ccu CLK_BUS_VE>, <&ccu CLK_VE>,
                     <&ccu CLK_DRAM_VE>;
            clock-names = "ahb", "mod", "ram";
            resets = <&ccu RST_BUS_VE>;
            interrupts = <GIC_SPI 58 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;
        };
9. modify file linux-4.20.17/arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-h2-plus-orangepi-zero.dtsi:       
   add
       &ve {
          status = "okay";
       }

10. install arm gnueabihf compiller for your build host
11. build the kernel:
    cd linux-4.20.17
    make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- sunxi_defconfig
    make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- zImage dtbs uImage LOADADDR=0x40008000
    make modules ARCH=arm  CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
    make modules_install ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/your/path/to/modules
12. clone cedrus repo
    git clone https://github.com/uboborov/sunxi-cedar-mainline
13. build cedrus:
    cd sunxi-cedar-mainline
    make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- KDIR=../linux-4.20.17 -f Makefile.linux
14. create the boot script template boot.cmd with content:
    setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait panic=10
    load mmc 0:1 0x43000000 /boot/sun8i-h2-plus-orangepi-zero.dtb
    load mmc 0:1 0x42000000 /boot/zImage-4.20.17
    bootz 0x42000000 - 0x43000000
15. build the boot script:
    mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d boot.cmd boot.scr
16. copy following files to the /boot directory on SD card:
    cp linux-4.20.17/arch/arm/boot/zImage SD/boot/zImage-4.20.17
    cp linux-4.20.17/arch/arm/boot/dts/sun8i-h2-plus-orangepi-zero.dtb SD/boot
    cp script.scr SD/boot
17. copy cedrus driver to SD card:
    cp sunxi-cedar-mainline/sunxi_cedar.ko SD/lib/modules
18. copy kernel modules to SD card:
    cp -R /your/path/to/modules/4.20.17 SD/lib/modules
19. reboot the board to boot 4.20.17 kernel
20. test CMA:
    dmesg | grep "Reserved memory:"
    the output must be like this: Reserved memory: created CMA memory pool at 0x43c00000, size 96 MiB
    if not -> something went wrong with CMA in dts file
21. on the board build libcedrus:
    git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/libcedrus
    cd libcedrus
    sudo make && sudo make install
22. on the board build libvdpau:
    git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/libvdpau-sunxi
    cd libvdpau-sunxi
    sudo make && sudo make install
23. configure ldconfig
    cd /usr/local/lib/
    ldconfig
    cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/vdpau/
    ldconfig
25. on the board clone ffmpeg:
    git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/stulluk/FFmpeg-Cedrus.git
    cp /root/ffmpeg_h264_H3/cedrus264.c /root/FFmpeg-Cedrus/libavcodec/cedrus264.c
    cp -R /root/ffmpeg_h264_H3/sunxi /root/FFmpeg-Cedrus/libavcodec/arm
26. configure ffmpeg (without libx264 due to probability of errors during building):
    cd FFmpeg-Cedrus
    ./configure --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-vdpau --disable-libx264 \
                --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libpulse --enable-libv4l2 --enable-shared --disable-static
    make -j2
    if you meet linking error like:
        libavcodec/xface.o: relocation R_ARM_THM_MOVW_ABS_NC against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
        collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    just try to remove file libavcodec/xface.o and run make again

make install
27. configure ldconfig:
    cd /usr/local/lib
    ldconfig
28. run ffmpeg:
    ffmpeg
    the output must be like:

ffmpeg version git-2015-01-22-f86a076 Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers
    built on Nov 26 2019 17:40:47 with gcc 8 (Debian 8.3.0-6)
    configuration: --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-vdpau --disable-libx264 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libpulse --enable-libv4l2 --enable-shared --disable-static
    libavutil      54.  6.100 / 54.  6.100
    libavcodec     56.  0.101 / 56.  0.101
    libavformat    56.  2.100 / 56.  2.100
    libavdevice    56.  0.100 / 56.  0.100
    libavfilter     5.  0.102 /  5.  0.102
    libswscale      3.  0.100 /  3.  0.100
    libswresample   1.  1.100 /  1.  1.100
    libpostproc    53.  0.100 / 53.  0.100
29. load cedrus driver:
    insmod /lib/modules/sunxi_cedar.ko
    on dmesg you must see lines like:
    [  253.966985] sunxi_cedar: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
    [  253.967968] sunxi cedar version 0.1
    [  253.968240] [cedar]: install start!!!
    [  253.968407] cedar_ve: cedar-ve the get irq is 40
    [  253.968437] sunxi-cedar 1c0e000.video-engine: assigned reserved memory node cma@43c00000
    [  254.046060] [cedar]: memory allocated at address 43D00000
    [  254.046072] [cedar]: install end!!!
    on lsmod you must see like:
    sunxi_cedar            20480  0
30. download raw NV12 video 1280x720 from https://yadi.sk/d/48_t5f18aoZDsw
31. run encoder test:
    ffmpeg -s 1280x720 -pix_fmt nv12 -f rawvideo -i video.nv12 -pix_fmt nv12 -c:v cedrus264 stream.h264
    output like:
    frame=   97 fps=9.0 q=30.0 Lsize=    5702kB time=00:00:03.88 bitrate=12038.7kbits/s
32. build the standalone encoder app:
    git clone https://github.com/uboborov/cedrus.git  
    cd cedrus/h264enc
    make
    cp h264enc /root
33. test standalone encoder:
    ./h264enc video.nv12 1280 720 out.h264
    output like:
    Runnig h264 encoding from file video.nv12...
    Done!

play output *.h264 files on PC:

mpv stream.h264

mpv out.h264