Want to boot as root

Hi,

I'm working with bananapi M1+ and downloaded a raw image for banana pi A20 from armbian.com

Now I want to work in a root account so that later, I possibly remove the pi account and use only the root account.(for embedded)

Is there any way to boot as root?

Thanks in advance!

:D //

I propose , read a little bit about the basics of Linux ... Debian  is the simplest and easiest distro -  Armbian  === Debian - but for arm cpu . Alternatively, you can throw the plunge: gentoo , or Crux  B)  :D (LFS is very nice too)  . Anyway - there will never be a "boot as root".

You can at most (!) - .... login as root :P

Great
eW

I'm not quite sure about LXDE but some others desktop environment allow "auto login" but normally not for root.

I don't know if autologin as root is possible... because I have never tried that. That is given the keys from your home to anyone, I strontly recommend never do that. Even on embebded at-home not-network systems

I'm not quite sure about LXDE but some others desktop environment allow "auto login" but normally not for root.

Using nodm unfortunately this is possible. Just set NODM_USER=root in /etc/default/nodm and the mess is already done. That's the best way to get a compromised system in shortest time possible when one takes care the OS has Internet access too.

With LightDM there is no problem to login as root in LXDE. I used to deal with Gnome in Armbian before (bad idea) and remember, GDM wouldn't let me login as root, but with LightDM i think should work in all desktops.

Using nodm unfortunately this is possible. Just set NODM_USER=root in /etc/default/nodm and the mess is already done. That's the best way to get a compromised system in shortest time possible when one takes care the OS has Internet access too.

This was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!